Can't figure out what's up

Mcjoint

I keep getting these odd rusty spots on the leaves. I thought it was a Cal/mag issue, so increased Cal mag to 5ml per gallon but it is still happening. I am using gh flora series (3 bottles) strain Skunk 47. I am using Mars hydro 300 and an eBay Mars hydro knock off. I am also using ro water. Temps range between 72 to 81. Ph is around 5.8 but varies alot, I have never let it go under 5.5 or higher than 6.5; I check my ph multiple times a day. It is dwc.

Screenshot_2016-03-12-13-58-22-1.png
Screenshot_2016-03-12-13-58-17-1.png
Screenshot_2016-03-12-13-58-03-1.png

i have read some where, that led lights can cause these types of stains; is that even possible ? my lights about 21 inches away from the highest point on the plant and my grow space is 18" x 30" x 72".

Try taking the damaged leaves off and see if the spots come back since you upped the calmag. The damaged leaves won't repair themselves.

ADDITION: Note that calcium salts (the kind of calcium used in hydroponic nutrients) loose their availability to plants when the pH of the feed water rises above the 5.8-6.0 range

I had the same problem. Im running the same light (well 2 of the mars 300s anyway) in dwc with around the same temps and ph. Took 30mls of ca/mg in my 4 gal rez to get it to stop and ive since been able to lower that to 20mls with no further rust spots. It sounds like your in the right ranges with all your stats that you provided so im a bit stumped.

I had the same problem. Im running the same light (well 2 of the mars 300s anyway) in dwc with around the same temps and ph. Took 30mls of ca/mg in my 4 gal rez to get it to stop and ive since been able to lower that to 20mls with no further rust spots. It sounds like your in the right ranges with all your stats that you provided so im a bit stumped.
dam, i am only puting 5 ml per gallon, i am gonna try to up it to 7.5 ml per gallon like you. maybe i just need more cal mag :). other than the spots, she is doing great, super bushy. are you using ro water too ?

I dont want to encourage you to do anything wrong man. What i said is what was up with my grow. But i know my situation and set-up way better than i know yours so what holds true for my girls may not be the same thing for yours. You may want to get a second opinion before you jump up your ca/mg like that. White widow is a cal hog so i know shell use it but im not familiar with your strain. If no one chimes in on here you may want to jump on someones journal sig that doesnt mind questions and knows dwc. This is my first run and im trying to figure a lot of stuff out and have been very fortunate lately that i have a gardening background to be able to read my plants at least a little bit. Rifleman is a top notch DWCer and so is Cultivator, Villiageidiot and a few others. They have been a lot of help and will answer questions in their journals or a PM. Sorry for the long post lol damn widow got me ramblin.
Edit* to answer your question i have not been using RO I've been using my brita filtered tap water at about 70ppm. I'm switching to RO this change-out so i u have a little more play room with nutes these last 4 or 5 weeks i have left.

I dont want to encourage you to do anything wrong man. What i said is what was up with my grow. But i know my situation and set-up way better than i know yours so what holds true for my girls may not be the same thing for yours. You may want to get a second opinion before you jump up your ca/mg like that. White widow is a cal hog so i know shell use it but im not familiar with your strain. If no one chimes in on here you may want to jump on someones journal sig that doesnt mind questions and knows dwc. This is my first run and im trying to figure a lot of stuff out and have been very fortunate lately that i have a gardening background to be able to read my plants at least a little bit. Rifleman is a top notch DWCer and so is Cultivator, Villiageidiot and a few others. They have been a lot of help and will answer questions in their journals or a PM. Sorry for the long post lol damn widow got me ramblin.
Edit* to answer your question i have not been using RO I've been using my brita filtered tap water at about 70ppm. I'm switching to RO this change-out so i u have a little more play room with nutes these last 4 or 5 weeks i have left.
Lol, it's all good man. I wouldn't blame you for anything, it does look like a Cal mag issues and my water starts off at about 15ppm, so it could be very likely hungry for more Cal mag. As far as I am aware, it is extremely hard to over do it on Cal mag. It did seem to slow down the rusting after upping the Cal mag.

ok, so i think my issue might be too much k, which in turn could be locking out my cal mag. i am going to flush her for 24 hours with some cal mag and decrease the amount of k, when i feed again

Back
Top Bottom