Confirmation Before Proceeding: Cal-Mag Deficiency

Marse

Just wanted to confirm this is what I'm thinking it is, either Cal or Mag deficiency. I have not used anything other then basic nutrients. I have purchased Advanced Nutrients Cal-Mag Xtra but before I use it on the next feeding I wanted to make sure it's what is it. I'm hoping that all the home growers with a little more experience then I can help just by looking at it!

Grow Info
  1. Light is Mars Hydro Ts600, 20" distance.
  2. Temp is between 23c (73.4f) - 29c (84.2f). Have been in a heat wave for around a week now, with another week of potential 40c (104f) temps outdoors.
  3. RH is between 40% - %50
  4. Ph tested with meter to 6.5, give or take a few. (soil grow)
  5. Rotating between water and nutrients. (water/nutes/water/nutes)
  6. Feed as per needed by weighing the pot, usually twice a week.
  7. Water PPM from tap (no nutes) - 55
  8. Using Rootfarm Nutrients ;
Part 1 - N(4%), Soluble Potash(1%), Cal(5.5%)
Part 2 - N(2%), Soluble Potash(7%), Phosphate(3%), , Mag(1.7%), Sulfur(2.3%)

Pale green leaves but dark green "veins"

Full Top - Can see light green on a lot of the newer leaves.

Advanced Nurtients Cal-Mag Xtra, to be used if said problem.

Could be the beginning of a magnesium deficiency. I usually recommend Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) for that. Partly because, instead of paying ten bucks or whatever for a tiny(ish) bottle that contains very little magnesium, you could have bought a six-pound sack of Epsom salt for about six dollars. But mainly because too much calcium actually reduces the availability of magnesium to plants. Actually, too much magnesium can antagonize calcium uptake, too, according to Mulder's chart (which I believe to be accurate).

However, with such pristine water (55 parts per million of total dissolved solids? WOW! Mine was something like 386 PPM last time I had it tested, and even a "TDS" meter shows well over 300), that shouldn't be anything for you to worry about.

Be aware that new growth sometimes looks a tiny bit lighter green, especially if the plant is growing at a fast rate. But you're probably correct that you've got a mild magnesium deficiency.

full

Back
Top Bottom