cal/mag question?

i recently switched to a water filter system and noticed sine i am not using tap water that i am getting a cal/mag def because of the filter. i am bout to strat using molasses and was wondering if the cal/mag in the molasses will be used by my plants since it has alot in it? or do i have to use a cal/mag additive?
anyone know if the molasses should do the trick and my plant would beable to use the cal/mag in it?

Why dont you just add Cal Mag, its a liquid?

You must add it when using RO water....

i know but was just wondering if molasses mixed with cal/mag would be too much cal/mag for my plant and cause a lockout?
plus i always wonderd if the molasses would be good to take care of the cal/mad issue that way its less things to buy and mix in.

We can both learn something on this!!

here are some pics of my plant, ignoor the purple look its just my lights not the leaves, look at the white color and the rusty spots. unfortanly i have some real good guides for these types of problems but they wont let me post the links because their from differnt fourms, sorry

3_days_flowering_001_700x524.jpg

3_days_flowering_005_700x524.jpg

3_days_flowering_007_700x524.jpg

add cal/mag

:amen:

Molasses doesn't have that much cal/mag in it.

I use molasses, but still need to add cal/mag to get enough.

DD

My burning question is how much cal mag do you add, I used the directions on the bottle, but had to add water to the resi, and added some cal mag, but probably not enough, the ppm will not determine how much cal mag to add

Im growing some kush and have a really bad Cal/Mag deficieny on one of my plants, Ive been putting Cal/Mag in (directed amount) and all my other ones reacted except one that is contually getting worse, regardless of how much I flush. Im really not sure what could Lock out the Cal/Mag. Any Ideas, all Im using is the Calmag and ProVeg. U can check out the pictures on my journal.

Cheers C.G.

it has irion and trace minerals. its made by botanicare.

when i had my cal/mag deff i feed them some molasses and it cleard right up. dont know if that will help you by help me for sure.

Hey, thanks, I just happen to have some. Next watering.:ganjamon:

My burning question is how much cal mag do you add, I used the directions on the bottle, but had to add water to the resi, and added some cal mag, but probably not enough, the ppm will not determine how much cal mag to add

I use 3-5ml per gallon depending on size of plant.. This was Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus (iron).

Is there any reason why i could not use a cal-mag tablet(crushed) made for human consumption? Tabs contain:
250IU Vit D,
10IU Vit B6,
500mg Calcium,
80mg magnesium,
10 mg zinc,
1 mg copper,
1 mg manganese
and 1 mg boron...?

I haven't used this, just curious?

Back
Top Bottom