CaptainGoodvibe's Lemon Skunk 300W LED Grow In Coco

Captain goodvibes

Hi to all, new to this site, been growing for decades mainly outdoors. Due to harsh pot laws have moved inside and forced to learn a new set of skills. This is my 2nd grow under LED lights. First was a learning process and didnt get much. Using 300w LED in coco this time. I will hopefully be running these to seed. Around 4 weeks from germination and topped 4 days ago. Will flip them in around a week I reckon. Lemon Skunk seeds were sourced locally in Oz.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 74
Thats half my grow space, about 3x3 x 6 h. (feet)I intend to run a veg and flowering as well once i get some seed stock for backup. i made some errors with the first grow and allowed the plants to get too hot through insufficient ventilation which stressed the plants, also the timer was off, I didnt realise and the plants flipped way too early. Lessons learned. Ive put a lot more effort into ventilation. Def a far different ballgame to growing outside. I realised you have to pay attention to your grow every single day. Ive also got some white widow crossed with the lemon skunk seeds which was an outside grow which i want to run at some stage.
cheers

They make tents that size for under a $100. Environment is everything indoors as you are learning...lol! A tent would allow you to contain moisture better during the VEG cycle. During flower, you can use rH controller with a fan to a carbon filter to lower it to desire.

Welcome to:420: great place to learn and be around like minded people. Environment is very important when growing inside, so definitely get and exhaust fan to control your temps. It's best if you can exhaust it to an attic or outside that way you won't have to fight rh.

When using coco pH is important and to get those hydro results watering multiple times a day is key. Cheers

Thanks for the welcome and advice friends. Got a fungus gnat issue atm, thought growing in coco would have solved that. Im thinking might try bottom watering.

I would suggest at least 7 gallon fabric pots and if you want to fill a 3x3 space then you need about 450 (actual watts) LED preferably spread out with at least 2 lights.
Cool. Looked at ebay and I can get the fabric pots from there. The LED thing always confuses me a bit as they seem to offer comparitive outputs, i.e. they advertise a light which actually consumes 150 watts but allegedly gives an output equivalent to 300w. I have another 300w LED on order, do you think 600w is too much for the space?
CHEERS

LED- the only number that matters at this stage in your game unless you're rich is WATTS. I have 4 Mars Hydro 300W. They only put out 135Watts per light. These lights are among the cheapest in the game, but they work. So. If I were occupying a 3x3 space I would VEG with 1, then 2 of the lights. Then in Flower, add the 3rd, then in a week. the 4th. Another way of thinking of WATTS is heat(energy wasted). However ironically adding heat during a winter grow. :passitleft:

Cool. Looked at ebay and I can get the fabric pots from there. The LED thing always confuses me a bit as they seem to offer comparitive outputs, i.e. they advertise a light which actually consumes 150 watts but allegedly gives an output equivalent to 300w. I have another 300w LED on order, do you think 600w is too much for the space?
CHEERS

Most of the cheaper LED manufacturers are taking advantage of the edge that LED technology has over HPS and exaggerating their lights capabilities.
In general, watt for watt the LED will give you better yield, even slightly higher potency and terpenes.
Usually about 30% improvement in efficiency for the cheaper LEDs
So you should expect an LED that's 135w to give you about the same growth as a 175w HPS
The newer LEDs like the Quantum boards should give higher efficiencies than that and they actually just give you their straight wattage instead of trying to inflate numbers.

IMO, you need about 50w (actual watts) per square foot in flower.
For 9 sq/ft that's 450w.

My space is 2x5x8 so 10 sq/ft and I am running just over 600 actual watts, which is 60w per sq/ft.

Thanks for the welcome and advice friends. Got a fungus gnat issue atm, thought growing in coco would have solved that. Im thinking might try bottom watering.
You need to break the life cycle of the gnats or they will keep coming back. I would hang a sticky trap in the room, they sell them at hardware stores and are usually lime green and yellow patters. Then you need to kill the larva, I've personally never done this but I believe you can use a diluted h202 solution to kill them. If you do some searching on the web sure you will find something.

CHEERS
If you are serious about growing I would spend your money on a QB or cob setup. The initial cost is steep but it will save you from having to replace blurple lights in the long run. There is so much information about diy builds or you can buy a kit yourself and just assemble it at a cheaper price.

Thanks guys. Have the Cob light and yellow sticky pads on order. im also trying bottom watering to try and dry the top soil out. Flipped them 12/12 2 days ago.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 77
9 days of 12/12 and starting to show sex. All look female. I was expecting at least 1 male to ensure seeds. 1st time I ever had all females randomly.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    626.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 82
15 days into flowering. Def all female. Best luck ive ever had when I dont want it. Im thinking of taking some clones seeing as i did not get a male for seeds. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    653.8 KB · Views: 80
15 days into flowering. Def all female. Best luck ive ever had when I dont want it. Im thinking of taking some clones seeing as i did not get a male for seeds. Anyone any thoughts on this?
I have had to abandon this grow. I worked out a combination of factors including severe lightburn and heat stress. The heat was caused by a cheap metal cased fan which I have replaced. Started another grow in soil, not coco which I think at this stage is a step above my capabilities. I have also reworked my cabinet to get a lot more headroom in for the stretch stage. Live and learn, thanks for the help of all here.

Back
Top Bottom