Carbon Filter Suggestions?

ChristianV2461

420 Member
I’ll be growing a few plants in a 2.5x2.5x5ft tent. I’m looking for a good carbon filter along with in-line fan that is affordable and quiet.
The tent will be in my bedroom closet.
It’s a decent sized room but closet doesn’t have doors.

I got a Vivosun 6" inline fan for $33 canadian. 240 cfm. not sure about cfm with the 6x18" Vivosun carbon filter $90, but the walls of the 5x5x7 tent i have get sucked in hard. took me a while to decide that these were the best deal i could find.

I got a Vivosun 6" inline fan for $33 canadian. 240 cfm. not sure about cfm with the 6x18" Vivosun carbon filter $90, but the walls of the 5x5x7 tent i have get sucked in hard. took me a while to decide that these were the best deal i could find.
you need to open up a port at the bottom of the tent for intake. But make sure when your lights are out that no light gets inside the tent. You mentioned there were no doors on the closet.

you need to open up a port at the bottom of the tent for intake. But make sure when your lights are out that no light gets inside the tent. You mentioned there were no doors on the closet.

i cut the bottom off of a 6" pail put a nylon on it and put that in the intake lol.

Get a good fan, not something to skimp on

It runs 24/7/365 so u don't want it to fail

I use a 12" filter in my 2x4 tent, works great, 24" in my 4x4, lots of decent filters to be found

Get a good fan, not something to skimp on

It runs 24/7/365 so u don't want it to fail

I use a 12" filter in my 2x4 tent, works great, 24" in my 4x4, lots of decent filters to be found
What brand do you like? I'm going to have to buy a new one here pretty quick

Mine is a 6" hurricane brand fan with an added speed switch
I run it thru my 2x4 and into my 4x4 and works like a champ
My mistake, I meant what brand of carbon filter do you like?

I gave up on my pair of Vivosun 6 inches to keep one of my tents (full of plurple for veg) cool and went with a pair of iPower 8 inch ($55 each open box at Amazon). In fact both Vivosuns at full blast could not keep up with one iPower with a speed control on the lowest setting that the fan would keep turning.
One Vivosun will keep a tent with 2 QB's plenty cool though.

Back
Top Bottom