CFL bulbs

arent 6500k's better for vegging ? im starting a clone next week, just gonna have one plant to start. think id be alright with say 3 2700k's ? each bulb is about 1750 lumens

its a small grow space too about 3 feet high, 2 feet wide

That is the rumor... but I have grown fast with 2700s. I do not think the difference is worth the expense IMO. But that is just me. I have had 2700s and couldn't keep them down in my mother chamber.

That is the rumor... but I have grown fast with 2700s. I do not think the difference is worth the expense IMO. But that is just me. I have had 2700s and couldn't keep them down in my mother chamber.

The more I read, the more I get that being successful at growing mj is not always about making it difficult...

Thanks for this G...awesome little tidbit of info..

:bravo:

sweet man! thanks! did you veg at all with those lights or just go straight to 12/12 ? looks like i'll be starting my baby sooner than expected!:yahoo:

just decided to go CFL for my first grow, picked up some 2700k's yesterday, but am having trouble finding 6500k....are they just not marked ?

where do you guys find them ?

They're called "Daylight". If you open the box and look at the ballast you'll see the 6500 kelvin rating written on it with a bunch of other stuff.

Hope this helps.

sweet man! thanks! did you veg at all with those lights or just go straight to 12/12 ? looks like i'll be starting my baby sooner than expected!:yahoo:

Seriously, I just buy whatever is on sale at the large discount stores. I have gotten (4) packs of 23w CFLs for less than $10. They are 2700k. They work fine in veg and flower. I had a few of the same wattage that were higher in the color spectrum and honestly they didn't seem as bright. To me it is all about Lumens. They say you do not want anything in the greener spectrum, and that is pretty common knowledge, but I never see greenish color spectrum even being sold anywhere.

Has anyone posted this link? CFL Light Tutorial It's a long read but has all the CFL info you could ever need.:peace:

Has anyone posted this link? CFL Light Tutorial It's a long read but has all the CFL info you could ever need.:peace:

Hey Warrior, thanks for the link. I pretty much believe most of the folks active in this thread are refugees from that thread. For fact I am. Some in here had some specific and off-topic questions and there was a spill-over into a couple of threads. The information here is just the same stuff around and around. CFLs are becoming the growers choice because the various cost and heat savings. I bet there are many threads doing the same thing over the entire internet.

Back
Top Bottom