2nd Grow Journal - Small Stealth Soil

surf420

getting ready for my second grow, but definitly toning down the size after my last grow. came out with little under half a LB on my last ( first ) grow, setting up a small cabinet grow now. id be happy to get an ounce. anyone know anyhting about LEDs? i have a string of 4, 2 inch round, 2.5 wats each. couldnt find out how many lumens theyre putting out online so not sure if its worth it. the cfls will put out about 1700 lumens per light. and the inside dimensions are 15x15x15. should have almost 100watts in there. hopefully seed germinate over the next couple days and i'll get a little lady in there and get this grow going next week!

What strain is it? same strain as my last grow, unknown feminized skunky sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? germinating now
Indoor or outdoor? indoor cabinet
Soil or Hydro? pro mix soil
If soil... what is in your mix? castings, perlite, guana, plant success
If soil... What size pot? solo cup to start, we'll see after that
Size of light? 3 27w CFL's, 4 2.5w LEDs.
Is it aircooled? computer fans, one intake, one outtake. regular fan inside for circulation
Temp of Room/cab? mid 70's
RH of Room/cab? good question
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? plan on letting the plants decide on this one
Type and strength of ferts used? full set of general hydro nutes

heres a couple pics of the cabinet so far, still have to get the lights in and fan in there, light proof the door and double check the running temps

IMG_049714.JPG

IMG_049811.JPG

IMG_049913.JPG

Re: 2nd grow journal, small stealth soil

Very nice set up...wow about half a lb the first grow? I bet that lasted you awhile...I'm in for this one...

Cool set up. I love stealth grows! I think back when I used to try and grow without my parents knowing in their house, I enjoyed constructing and continually improving the grow area almost as much as actually growing the plants! Hope it all goes well for you man.

Those LEDs look like the under-counter units for accent lighting--if so, they are not going to produce for you. There are a bunch of great LED grow lights out there, but I would say in your small space either go with LEDs or stick with CFL, you don't have enough space for both and the heat build up will kill your plants.

With basically a cubic foot of grow space it is going to be a balancing act to keep all of your environmentals in check.

If you plan on growing a sativa in that space it will be a challenge. How do you plan to keep the plant small enough to fit? Do you have any details of you last grow for reference? (like height of plant, time in veg and bloom etc...)

my first grow is in my signature.
i did a little experimental grow in between, didnt do a grow journal, with seeds from the same strain, and ended up with a plant about 5 inches tall, didnt have a good grow cabinet or anything set up so it didnt produce much, i just wanted to see if size was managable. i topped it very early and switched to flower soon after. im not looking to produice alot of bud like in my first grow, just want to see if i can get a pretty good amount, and then i will start my own little personal grows with better strands

otherwise this will just turn into my veg cabinet

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:
:420:

Back
Top Bottom