CFL cooler fan

wowtestdrive

Hello fellow Deep Water Culture, I know this isn't some grand genius or creative idea but I figured it might be worth sharing because its helped me out.

I cool some of my 85watt CFLs with a PC fan attached to the reflector, this allowed greater heat dispersion thus allowing the light to literally be millimeters away from the plant without burning it!

1st: How to turn a regular ($3) PC fan into a 120volt powered fan: How to turn a PC fan into an exhaust or intake fan?

2nd: I attach the fan to a reflector by drilling holes in the reflector with an 1/8" drillbit and attach the fan with a cable tie (zip tie) running thru the holes on the fan then into the holes in the reflector.

3rd: I run the cord up the reflector just taping the cord from the fan to the cord coming from the reflector, making it stay out of the way.

Time for the pics!
Most of these cords are from all my different lights, its really not this messy!
rsz_100_07461.jpg

Little closer pic, this fan cost me $3 and is almost 4 years old, just attached it to an old DC cord that I had sitting around
100_07482.JPG

Closeups to the connecting points. (I'm paranoid =p)
rsz_100_0747_no_finger.jpg

rsz_1rsz_100_0749.jpg

GOGO :420:

Hope this helped someone!

Back
Top Bottom