CFL Light Tutorial

Beautiful personal setup, OlkSkoool!

What's the smaller square panel under the top panel for? It looks like a diffuser of some sort.

That foam board looks like great stuff for a grow box. Easy to work, insulates well, and already flat white.

But there's something missing................................

a pic of your plant ;)

Beautiful personal setup, OlkSkoool!

What's the smaller square panel under the top panel for? It looks like a diffuser of some sort.

That foam board looks like great stuff for a grow box. Easy to work, insulates well, and already flat white.

But there's something missing................................

a pic of your plant ;)

Indeed Would love to see harvest pics or pics of the plant in progress. I have 15 42W daylight bulbs and about 8 2700k 42W bulbs. I bought reflectors for them and the y splitter to put two in a hood just need to buy a socket extender because two 42w bulbs cant fit in it without it :)

LED's and thanks for this thread CFL's will be my main lights for vegging once I get my first grow or two out the way :) That box is one beast though deff gets the brain cells a working :):lot-o-toke:

Setting Sun - The panel below the fan recess acts as a top light reflector/air circulation diffuser. The foam board construction followed my first design that was similar, but using a cardboard box with just four (4 42W CFL's).

I submitted a complete assembly pictorial titled 'Foam Board Light Canopy' in the Cabinet Closets, & Grow Room Setup section, dated 10/25/2009 if you want more detailed info.

I've made some maintenance improvements since I took the pic with the plant sitting on the waste water catch bucket. The plant (now in a 7 gal pot) rests on a top former fish tank stand, the catch bucket sits on a shelf beneath the plant. This eliminates the need to lift the heavy pot on and off the bucket, saving my back. All I have to do now is empty the bucket in the toilet. Not totally maintenance free, but I'm working on it....now if I can only hook up a line from the catch bucket to the sewer line:ganjamon:

setup08152010.JPG

As far as the quality of the weed (all bag seed) this method is capable of producing...Personally, I couldn't ask for better results for a system that cost around a $120.

This was my cardboard prototype, and the results using four (4) 42W CFL's

box01.JPG

wk167302006A.JPG

harvest02.JPG

This was the first result using the foam board, and eight (versus 4 42W CFL's) 42W CFL's, again using bag seed.

plantEOW15-12-02-09B.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500
/buds11-13-09H.JPG
wandaharvestB.JPG

Thanks for your kind comments, and I hope this answers some of your questions.

I have some Chronic cuttings rooting right now in the bubble cloner and will be doing my own CFL grow in a couple of days. The cuttings were sort of flowering a bit and I have cuttings that are growing buds in the bubble cloner under 24 hour light. Kind of weird. I do not know if I am going to be able to veg these at all. They are under 24 hour lighting, just starting to get some roots and still proceeding with flower. It is like they are on autopilot or something.

I smoked a quarter of this same stuff from the grower and I am not overly impressed. I may be wasting my time on this run. Who knows though. Maybe with the right harvest time and a good cure I will like it better. I have a bunch of seeds I need to try out but I am waiting for a few things to change before I pop these.

I grow with the larger spiral CFLs.
(six) CFL Sunlite Daylight, 85watt/350watt, 6500k, 4200 lumen
(eight) CFL Sunlite Warm White, 105 watt/400watt, 2700k, 5000 lumen
10 clamp on light fixtures.

Hey FaderHarley, what's the size of your grow room for reference. Some pics would be cool too. :slide:

I grow with the larger spiral CFLs.
(six) CFL Sunlite Daylight, 85watt/350watt, 6500k, 4200 lumen
(eight) CFL Sunlite Warm White, 105 watt/400watt, 2700k, 5000 lumen
10 clamp on light fixtures.

I would like to see your setup as well. I have about 8 clame replectors and the y splitters just need to get the socket extenders for the y splitters.

I have a CFL going right now and I love it.

How 'bout some details and pics G-Dog. You guys around here have influenced me to try a small indoor grow. It will be soil if anything.

I would like to see your setup as well. I have about 8 clame replectors and the y splitters just need to get the socket extenders for the y splitters.

Ditto Myzz617.

Hey FaderHarley, what's the size of your grow room for reference. Some pics would be cool too. :slide:

My 1st grow, the space was a small closet 4ft wide, 3.5 ft deep by 9 ft high. Around 12 sqft. When I cleaned up after harvest I found a false wall, so I removed it, so now my closet is 4ft X 4ft X 9ft, 16 sqft. During flowering I was burning 48,400 lumens, 1060 watts out of 10 CFLs.
Wish I could post a photo or 2. I'll review the upload photo section again

If this the correct forum to ask Roseman or anyone about maximizing my grow space 50"x34"x16" stealth dresser with CFls? in a previous thread in this post (yes i finally got the courage to ask I've been reading this exceptional forum for 2 months now trying to work the kinks out) I'll definaltey be using one of the "rigging" ideas found here once i know how many cfl's i'll need both spectrums included. Thanks you any help is much appreciated.

wow didn-t know if you could grow wit cfls..I always used tubes above window 2 getem 5-6'' for outdoors.. Was reading on led lites so i bought 4-25w box panels thinking if you get 8-10 of em you could do something nice..But now thinking of usen my 4 leds with cfls...Finally time 2 grow my own....thankyou for all the info everyone..

I have been all over the web and reading many boards with folks using the CFLs. I have had great results myself and so that is all I use indoor. It it the safest thing from a security standpoint because of the low heat and low power usage.

I would not mind growing with giant HIDs in some settings like a legal commercial grow... but for small personal use you cannot beat the CFLs.

If this the correct forum to ask Roseman or anyone about maximizing my grow space 50"x34"x16" stealth dresser with CFls? in a previous thread in this post (yes i finally got the courage to ask I've been reading this exceptional forum for 2 months now trying to work the kinks out) I'll definaltey be using one of the "rigging" ideas found here once i know how many cfl's i'll need both spectrums included. Thanks you any help is much appreciated.

:welcome: to 420!

If your dresser is 34" wide x 16" deep that = 3.8 sqft (let's just say 4 sqft)

You need 3000 - 70000 lumens per sqft to grow. I suggest shooting for 4000 in veg and 6000 or more in flower. (the more you have during flower the better IMO)

So for veg you want 4sqft x 4000 = 16000 Lumens total
For flower you want 4sqft x 6000 = 24000 Lumens (or more) total

Now you can mix and match your bulbs to get those numbers. Hope that helps. Be sure to check out some of the other links in my sig too.

Agent Green :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom