Chest freezer or Fridge?

semibrucelee

Hi! I'm planing to start indoor for the first time in stealth mode, and I was wondering what would be the be best option between a large chest freezer 63'' long x 27'' wide and 36'' deep and a regular kitchen fridge?

With the deep freezer Id have more ground surface so I could have many small plants, or I could do less but taller ones in a regular fridge. What do you guys think? I would go for the first option.

and another question, since the height is restricted in the chest freezer, what pot size would be the more suitable? Thanks for your help

PS I would use autoflowering smurfberry seeds and mars2 LEDs

If it where me I would use the chest freezer and either SCROG or if you want a perpetual divide in into two chambers and do a SOG
But you will run out of height fast

Ex. 1' tall bucket minus light height min of 6" at least that leaves you 1'6" for plants

On the other hand if you want to do 1 plant start to finish same box with little to no training(LST,super crop etc. ) then I would do the upright and gut the inside and make one large grow box
Good luck
:Namaste:

I was going to say the same as Alienpus. Access would not be fun in the chest freezer.

In the fridge, I wouldn't suggest any more than 2 plants, but properly trained, 1 plant could fill it in real nicely, and still give you a little space to work around the plant and turn the pot. IMO, the most ideal plant shape in the fridge would be some LST, but still allowed to grow a little bit taller, with 1 main light up top, LED would work awesome if this is a full size fridge, with some T5 or T8 bulbs around the perimeter. That's how I'd do it.

But again, the fridge IMO is definitely the better choice, and it gives you a lot of options on how to set it up to grow some amazing plants.

:Namaste:

Thank you very much for you fast answers. This makes lot of sense! frigde would defininetly be the best choice. Im gonna use a full upright frigde, and now im wondering what to do with the top freezer. Shall I make one tall room or shall I just save it to make 2 separeted rooms?

If you use LED and have adequate ventilation on the flowering bottom to control heat, then you can keep small mothers, seedlings and do veg in the freezer part with fluorescent lights for perpetual harvest all in the fridge. When using HPS light I seperated the freezer/fridge with a piece of glass and placed the light, fan, and carbon in the freezer acting as air cooled light, and lowered the plants in the fridge instead of raising the light.

Back
Top Bottom