Fridge freezer grow set-up

ganjafarma420

Hi everyone.

My first post here. Looking for some criticism and advice.

I'm in the middle of building a fridge/freezer grow cabinet.

Cabinet is about 80% completed. need to add a few finishing touches then ready for seedlings. will upload some photos soon.

details of grow: growing in coco, organic nutrients and some extra bat guano.

details of fridge:
- bottom compartment - veg room. I have a 180w UFO led light and 2 small 7w lamps with flexible stands. the small lamps are for a) tiny seedlings that dont require the full 180w of the UFO and b) extra light for the middle parts of the more mature plants.

- top compartment - flowering room. I have a 300w 2700k CFL in here.

ventilation - I'm afraid I dont have enough space inside the room for the fan and carbon filter, so they have had to go outside the room. the air is being pushed out through the filter. I've read that this is not ideal but I have no other choice really due to space.

anyway, the air is sucked out of the flowering room (2 vents - 1 next to the lamp and 1 next to the plants) and sucked down the venting pipes into the veg room, where there is another vent. This way I can ventilate both rooms with 1 fan and filter. I hope this will be ok. however.... there is no intake vent. While the doors are closed the fridge will be completely sealed to the outside air. will this be ok?

thanks all.

photos to follow.

:volcano-smiley:

On my first fridge I enclosed the filter and fan underneath where the compressor was, on the second in a plywood box on top of the fridge. With the fan underneath I built a false back to the fridge providing a 2" gap under negative pressure and made a holes where I wanted to draw hot air. With the fan on top I made intake holes on the bottom and drew hot air from the top. These methods require no internal ducts. Attaching fan to filter and enclosing in a box lets you control exactly where and how much air you draw and you can locate them anywhere (attic another room). This thread could give you some ideas : Multi Tent Scrub Box How To: multiple tents with one fan and one carbon filter

Back
Top Bottom