Fridge-air Stealth Grow

KalifaKushCA

Ive been reading countless hours of grow rooms and grow boxes. Ive grown before, but its been a very long while. That and before it was outdoors, now I have a small indoor setup for my self. My plans is that Im hoping to provide enough medication for myself cause the prices are way too high. Currently Im looking to finish my build and began my grow the 1st day of the New Year. I have my grow room which is 24" X 24" X 32". Ill be using a 225w LED. I hope this isnt too overpowering for my small grow. My fridge is controllable from 64 to 80 degrees. I already have my Co2 with Solenoid and regulator. Anyone have any thoughts of what to grow? Soil, Hydro or both? What I should do? Much appreciated. Im also going to have a wooden frame together soon. I have my 2" x 1" gluing as I type.

wow so many questions in one post...

24" x 24" x 32" is unreasonable period. Honestly it sounds like the feds trolling... but I live in a state where it is legal so I will answer.

When you switch from veg to bloom there is a "spurt" that elongates the plant. If you do a few (expensive) tricks you can reduce this some but still there is a reasonable (almost) double from veg to bloom before flowering.

So lets say you have things in a 4" medium. Then you switch to bloom at total of 12 inches (8" plant... which you must know what your are doing to convert without any real roots), you then only have about 10" before you start hitting a heat problem even with LED's.

1) You probably can't control hydors explosiveness in that much space so you should go soil.
2) CO2 is not needed unless you have a professional grow which you don't have so don't waste the money just add at fan. Oxygen is almost as important, especially at night.
3) Lights can not over power the room, that question does not deserve a response. There are many factors but up to and until you get to 1000W you can always add more for better product. Heat can be a problem...hence vent fan
4) Assuming you are real and have no experience and are actually trying to grow in one of those fake computers... run DWC at about 2" res on 2 plants. At a certain point you will need to add water multiple times a day. Use Femm'd autos and do 18 hours only until they are 4 inches or less (switch to bloom as soon as you can). Add whatever you can find to stimulate root growth because you wont have enough roots to support complete flowering. Run a ton of real Fulvic acid. Run synthetic nutes because you wont want to change the res through the entire run. I recommend GH as my buddy runs that and never changes his res and just adds nutes and water and checks PH every other day and works fine for 6 years now. If you run organic nutes you will have to res change regularly and that will be problematic in that housing. If you run soil only run clones and run veg lights until they take and immediately change to bloom. Either way you will run into the top of the case before the cycle is complete. There is not enough space in there to fully mature. If you could mature in there it would take 4-6 of those to keep up with regular consumption. This can only be a learning tool and not a real means of supplementing a real cannabis program. It is cheaper to buy your medicine on the black market then to grow so small. You have to actually have the space to be serious for home grow to make sense. And then you need a filter + fan....

Best of luck!

wow so many questions in one post...

24" x 24" x 32" is unreasonable period. Honestly it sounds like the feds trolling... but I live in a state where it is legal so I will answer.

When you switch from veg to bloom there is a "spurt" that elongates the plant. If you do a few (expensive) tricks you can reduce this some but still there is a reasonable (almost) double from veg to bloom before flowering.

So lets say you have things in a 4" medium. Then you switch to bloom at total of 12 inches (8" plant... which you must know what your are doing to convert without any real roots), you then only have about 10" before you start hitting a heat problem even with LED's.

1) You probably can't control hydors explosiveness in that much space so you should go soil.
2) CO2 is not needed unless you have a professional grow which you don't have so don't waste the money just add at fan. Oxygen is almost as important, especially at night.
3) Lights can not over power the room, that question does not deserve a response. There are many factors but up to and until you get to 1000W you can always add more for better product. Heat can be a problem...hence vent fan
4) Assuming you are real and have no experience and are actually trying to grow in one of those fake computers... run DWC at about 2" res on 2 plants. At a certain point you will need to add water multiple times a day. Use Femm'd autos and do 18 hours only until they are 4 inches or less (switch to bloom as soon as you can). Add whatever you can find to stimulate root growth because you wont have enough roots to support complete flowering. Run a ton of real Fulvic acid. Run synthetic nutes because you wont want to change the res through the entire run. I recommend GH as my buddy runs that and never changes his res and just adds nutes and water and checks PH every other day and works fine for 6 years now. If you run organic nutes you will have to res change regularly and that will be problematic in that housing. If you run soil only run clones and run veg lights until they take and immediately change to bloom. Either way you will run into the top of the case before the cycle is complete. There is not enough space in there to fully mature. If you could mature in there it would take 4-6 of those to keep up with regular consumption. This can only be a learning tool and not a real means of supplementing a real cannabis program. It is cheaper to buy your medicine on the black market then to grow so small. You have to actually have the space to be serious for home grow to make sense. And then you need a filter + fan....

Best of luck!

I can argue if it does or doesn't make sense of what space I have. I'm not trying to grow rooms full. So giving I have any room I'm going to uses it to grow, and even if I continued to get medicated from a streets supply I would still grow. Which I do but GH. I know a lot about plants. Like I said the Co2 Tanks and Solenoid are from my Aquarium. The solenoid shuts the co2 supply at night time. My bubbler than turns on, supplying oxygen for the plants at night. I had the fridge laying around and someone gave me some Mylar, so why the fuc* not put them together. I could keep my light close and scrog my plants. I'm not going to have 80-100 heads on my plants, but I'm gonna have at less 20 fat ones that I didn't have to pay much for. Electric bill would run me 60 bucks a year to operate something this small. If I had the room I would do a 10 'x 10 with HPS and DWC. I would, I have what room I have in the house. Plus who doesn't like growing bud. I dont have any heat problems, my fridge has the ability to keep my temperature where I want it.

Lots of people do micro grows. Is it ideal? Probably not. Will it do? Yup! Going to want to find a way to move air in and out. Maybe replace the glass with a wood panel? Speaker mesh infront of a small fan? Another speaker mesh for some passive air intake?

You could try 12/12 from seed, you could tie them down really good. I almost recommend 12/12 from seed, or only giving them 1-2 weeks veg with a fim/topping.

Anyways, good luck!

Lots of people do micro grows. Is it ideal? Probably not. Will it do? Yup! Going to want to find a way to move air in and out. Maybe replace the glass with a wood panel? Speaker mesh infront of a small fan? Another speaker mesh for some passive air intake?

You could try 12/12 from seed, you could tie them down really good. I almost recommend 12/12 from seed, or only giving them 1-2 weeks veg with a fim/topping.

Anyways, good luck!

Probably not Ideal for the equipment, But getting over the starting cost is the challenge. Ill get over it since Im in no rush to build or grow. Im going to uses a one way valve only letting air in to my chamber. Getting the air out Im going to have a air pump, also going to run the out take with some carbon. For the fans Im going to uses a USB Laptop Chiller, since its thin and adjustable. Ill post some pics in a few weeks. Im blacking out the front off my door so no Light can come in nor out.

I was going to give it the full veg, Im hoping that I can Scrog it and keep it dawf by keeping my lights low on to the plant. But I was even thinking of doing Auto-flowering. I want to top at less twice before I get into my flowering. Well see how I do, Im just excited to get another grow going. Regardless of cost cause Im pretty bored when Im home so I hope this will keep me more busy.

Back
Top Bottom