Cicero Cop Charged With Marijuana Possession To Take Drug Test

Herb Fellow

The Cicero police commander accused of having a burned marijuana cigarette and a bag of marijuana in his car after being stopped last weekend on Chicago's South Side is scheduled to take a drug test Thursday that could determine his future at the Police Department.

Wesley Scott, a 21-year police veteran, was cited by Chicago police Sunday night with misdemeanor marijuana possession after allegedly running a stop sign in the Englewood neighborhood, officials said.

Officers found about one-sixth of an ounce of marijuana on the console of his vehicle, Chicago police have said.

Scott, 47, has taken paid personal days since the arrest but will be at work Thursday to take the follicle drug test, town spokesman Dan Proft said Wednesday. It was unclear if he would work, Proft said.

Proft said the department waited more than three days to administer the test because "it's his prerogative to use his personal days and consult with his attorney."

The department has no concerns about the results being affected by the delay, he said. Proft has said a failed test could cost Scott his job.

Source: The Chicago Tribune
Copyright: 2008, The Chicago Tribune
Website: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-cicerocop_31jan31,1,7650603.story

Isn't it nice that they are giving him a chance to clean out his system before he takes the test? Shame all jobs don't give a three days notice that drug testing is going to be administered.

Yea and they give him fuckin PAID leave of absence.

Don't have to work but dont worry you still get paid.

He can do the Britney Spears thing!

Does the cleanser sold for hair work? I've never tried it or had to.

hair tests usually cost much more than $100 dollars depending on which part of the US you live in. The company I work for had multiple companies "bid" UA's and Folicle testing and the cheapest was a UA and it was $122 bucks . The folicle test ran over $200. This cop is screwed. Cicero just recently had a corrupt Mayor and city council thrown in prison for being a bunch of gangsters. I don't see this poor guy that had a little over an eighth of pot keeping his job unless they offer him rehab. I would imagine that the police union would say he is an addict and try and get him counseling. Its a shame that people are persecuted for reefer........:thedoubletake:

Its a shame that people are persecuted for reefer........:thedoubletake:
It is a bloody shame and an embarrassment to live in a country that locks up so many of its citizens and persecutes the sick that use mmj. It is time we take our government back.

Back
Top Bottom