Citizen Petition to Legalize Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Rep. Ellen Story (D-Amherst) introduced a bill to legalize, regulate and tax marijuana to the current session of the Massachusetts General Court last month.

The bill is titled "The Cannabis Regulation and Taxation Act" and was drafted by Attorney Dick Evans from Northampton. The bill would legalize the possession, consumption and sale of marijuana for people over 21 and establish a series of licenses requiring annual fees.

Evans told 22News that he first proposed this bill back in 1981 and "now it's time for some serious discussion."
Proponents say it's a way to provide much needed revenue for cash-strapped states.

Opponents include Governor Deval Patrick and State Attorney General Martha Coakley who say it would increase violent crime, increase traffic accidents and benefit drug dealers.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: wwlp.com
Author: Rich Tettemer
Copyright: 2011 WWLP-TV

Opponents include Governor Deval Patrick and State Attorney General Martha Coakley who say it would increase violent crime, increase traffic accidents and benefit drug dealers.

Making it legal would drive prices down, the only way "dealers" make serious money is to keep it illigal. F'n dbs.

Rep. Ellen Story (D-Amherst) introduced a bill to legalize, regulate and tax marijuana to the current session of the Massachusetts General Court last month.

The bill is titled "The Cannabis Regulation and Taxation Act" and was drafted by Attorney Dick Evans from Northampton. The bill would legalize the possession, consumption and sale of marijuana for people over 21 and establish a series of licenses requiring annual fees.

Evans told 22News that he first proposed this bill back in 1981 and "now it's time for some serious discussion."
Proponents say it's a way to provide much needed revenue for cash-strapped states.

I'd like to know what kind of drugs Deval and Martha is taking ?? Because MJ being legalized would cripple drug dealers. As a matter of fact the only way mj dealers can stay in business is if mj stays illegal !! If you make booze illegal starting tomorrow, then tomorrow night someone will be selling illegal booze !! Pretty simple shit !! Actually , I voted for both these guys, and i'm surprised to hear of their negative views on mj. We got maine to the north and R.I. to the south and Vt. with mmj, what's up guys !! Please listen to your citizens !! And think of another tax revenue , which is badly needed !!

Back
Top Bottom