Cloneing

TerryPa

I need some help with cloning ,I am having trouble with it takeing too lok to get roots on clones I have been having 75 % but it is taking 3 weeks to see roots coming out of the rockwool . the ph is good ,what can I use to mix with the water in the tray ?

Do you have any pics of your setup? How is the humidity?
I just use water only other than the root enhancer gel that I use at the time I take the cuttings its just water. I use a humidity dome for the first few weeks to keep the humidity 80-90%. Clones need high humidity until roots form since there arent any roots to take up water the clone itself needs to. Peace!

Well no pic,s .I am using a humidy dome tray with 2 dials on the top of it ,They should be closed ,right ? Maybe I am in to much off a hurry .LoL

3 weeks sounds about right in rockwool. If your using a sprayer type clone machine and just dangle the clone in air, you would start to see roots anywhere from 10-14 days. In rockwool, give the roots at least another 5 days to sprout out the bottom. As long as the clones are green and perky, they are fine!!!:)

They are very easy to make. Some 1/2" PVC pipe, joints and some small sprayers and a pump. Thats it. You can make it as big or as small as you want too. Just find a rubbermaid container you like and build to suit it. Mine cost me about 35.00 all said and done.

Hi ,guy doing ?I bought a disy cloner. I think I am going to givr it a try . But what do I need yo add to the water ,

Nothing, just make sure to keep an eye on the PH (5.5 to 6.5) I'm using tap water, but where I live the water is pretty clean. If your water has really high PH right out of the tap, you might want to get some bottled or filtered water from the store. Remember, as long as your clones are green and perky, they are fine, no need to check them all the time, just let them do their thing!! Good luck!!!

I've been using "Dutch Master Cloaning Gel" for over a year now. I've had 100% live, they sprout roots out of the rock wool in about a week an half. I made a sprayer out of a old cake container, works good for about eight plants.

Back
Top Bottom