Clones and Rooting

Nyhm Reaper

I am using a small DIY cloner. I combined 2 DIY cloners I found on here so Im using a coffee container but instead of large holes with sponge I have small holes with air tube. My question is should the tips of the clones be touching the water or should the water be a little below with them getting the splatter from the air stone??

:Namaste:

You can see here they took pretty good. The roots were not very long at all when I put them in soil and they are thick and white now and searching. With them spreading out like they are should I be watering more?

clone-roots-001.jpg

It looks the same all the way around. Roots everywhere.

I think it would be beneficial to get out of the clear container, roots like darkness and light is supposably bad for them. Also transplanting out of those containers might be a bitch, you will probably need to cut the container off. I'd cover the plastic with foil or something and wait for good roots before transplanting

Exactly right, I agree on all points.

Under normal circumstances I would agree 100%. In this case I am not growing them very large. I will be cycling 4 clones at a time in an SOG kinda set up. I got the idea from a set up I read about here. He was doing many more than I am but my room is limited. From the size of plants he grew in these same containers the 4 will fit perfect in my space. Now that they have rooted better they will be moved to more intense light and the bottoms are covered there by reflectix around the base of the plants, but your facts are correct and thank you for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom