Making a version of Emilya's DIY Tupperware Bubble Cloner

Making a version of Emilya's DIY Tupperware Bubble Cloner. @Emilya

1. Tupperware with lid taped. To make a cleaner hole.
2. Finished lid on one side.
3. Taping the bottom of the tupperware to block light.
4. Taping the bottom of the lid and drilling a small center holes. To make a cleaner holes.
5. Holes from the top to guide drill making 2" holes. I forgot to get a picture of the hole saw bit.
6. Cloner shown with 2" holes cut. Small holes drilled around two inch holes to moisturize clone tops. Air stone glued to bottom of tub with tubing attached to small air pump. I will use 2" net pots w/lips and 2" pucks. They are on order.

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (1).JPG

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (2).JPG

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (4).JPG

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (5).JPG

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (7).JPG

DIY Clone tub 1-22 (8).JPG

Putting the cloner to the test. Took cuttings of the Hawaii Maui Waui today. I decided to build two of these and bought two extra tupperware so I can use them for lids to hold in moisture, and to move the clone lid if necessary without disturbing the cups. I also am thinking about running one of them with minimal nutrients after cuttings rooted while waiting on warmer temps. The holes drilled in the top of the clone tray are coating the clear tupperware top nicely so I am hoping there won't be any human misting necessary

HMW cuttings day0.JPG

HMW cuttings day0 (2).JPG

The top dried out and the cuttings wilted. So, I misted and they came back a lot, so it looks as if misting will be required for a few days. Oh well. I always had to mist anyway before. :)

did you put holes in the top to allow some of the moisture to escape? Mine don't wilt for some reason... maybe your holes aren't big enough for bubbles to get out?
Yeah, I put a lot of holes. How close do you keep the water level to the top? I am also using an aquarium air pump, so it's not too turbulent.

I think I used 1/4 inch, a fairly large hole in at least 4 places in the top of the lid. The goal is to have a hole big enough for some of the bubbles to leap right out of it, adding to the humidity at the top of the cloner. I dont want my stems to be under water, so the length of the stems determines how high your water level can be. The aquarium pump should work just fine as long as it is making good bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom