Go to Upload Pics
Upload pics to 420
Click the Thumbnail and it enlarges and is no longer a thumbnail
right mouse button click that pic and a window pops up
hit PROPERTIES
see the url - address, starts with http and ends with html or jpg
copy that address
paste it on your post page in between [ img ] and [ /img ]

or use the yellow envelope at the top of the Posting Window for INSERT IMAGE, and put the address there.

IMGP0085.jpg
damm, took a few tries but it looks like it went through. the coleman party stacker is one of the most low profile coolers available. the lid is flat top and bottom with raised edges on top. i used a jig saw to cut out the holes for the plants and didn't use any foam in the lid just left it hollow. i didn't worry about the hole for the pump plug seeing how i had to put a hole below the waterline anyways for the ice probe

thanks roseman, finally figured it out lol. coleman also make a taller version called party stacker33 that is the same footprint only taller so if u wanted to do flood and drain u could stack one atop the other as the bottom of the cooler will fit into the top of another cooler without the lid. the lid itself is very thin maybe 3/8th in. thick double walled and plenty strong

IMGP0085.jpg
damm, took a few tries but it looks like it went through. the coleman party stacker is one of the most low profile coolers available. the lid is flat top and bottom with raised edges on top. i used a jig saw to cut out the holes for the plants and didn't use any foam in the lid just left it hollow. i didn't worry about the hole for the pump plug seeing how i had to put a hole below the waterline anyways for the ice probe

Really looks good, very good. Why the ice probe? Did it get too hot without it, or hold heat?

thanks roseman, finally figured it out lol. coleman also make a taller version called party stacker33 that is the same footprint only taller so if u wanted to do flood and drain u could stack one atop the other as the bottom of the cooler will fit into the top of another cooler without the lid. the lid itself is very thin maybe 3/8th in. thick double walled and plenty strong

I am glad you hung in there.

nah, i don't have any threads. just wanted to show a different cooler with a flat lid. the reason i wanted a low profile container is because i veg on a shelf above my flowering space so it gets heated from below and i have limited vertical height. if i get a chance i'll post some pic's of the lid itself to show the thickness or should i say thinness as this is an important part of cooler choice. btw i have also used a rubbermaid container with the iceprobe and tried to insulate it and it works much better with the cooler.... just way better insulated

nah, i don't have any threads. just wanted to show a different cooler with a flat lid. the reason i wanted a low profile container is because i veg on a shelf above my flowering space so it gets heated from below and i have limited vertical height. if i get a chance i'll post some pic's of the lid itself to show the thickness or should i say thinness as this is an important part of cooler choice. btw i have also used a rubbermaid container with the iceprobe and tried to insulate it and it works much better with the cooler.... just way better insulated

thanks for sharing this info with us.

You ought to start a thread and show all of us your grow.

Definitely another +rep for ya'!!!

I know Roseman is always on folks about those water temps and so many of us constantly battle it. This definitely helps rid some of the heat problems. Will def' be using a few for my next grow too. No more thin buckets or rubbermaid containers.

yeah but u could put a container inside another one with the spray insulation inbetween.... whats nice about a cooler is the lid doesn't sag so the net pots are all the same height

Well I am excited to see both grows one with the spray in the cooler and one with no spray. I hope the temps stay cool and then a mess load of us will be doing it. I admire the ones that think of these things and then we get to learn more and new ways to do stuff. It sure beats having to cool the water.

Just a thought, if you use a thick walled cooler and your water temps do warm up, how would you cool it back down? I guess a cold water replacement treatment would work. Hmmmm, guess I've have to try a cooler res. Anybody need a white painted tub? Ha!

'green I am waiting for the experiment. We have two going one person put foam in the cooler and sealed the holes and one didn't. We will watch the results carefully.

Back
Top Bottom