Clones will not root

daler

i have been doing clones for about 7 years now and never had a problem but now they just start the root nubs and then stop. i am using rockwool with a touch of jump start soaked cubs over night to lower ph to 5.5. i have a dome on them as i alway did until the roots start. i have them under a 26 watt cfl daylight bulb. the root zone temp is about 80 degrees. the mothers are healthy. the water is city but i run it throw a charcoal filter which i change every 2 months.
help i am pulling my hair out!!!!!!! what hair i have lol

Are you using any sort of rooting hormone? To dip the cuttings in before putting them in the medium.

I've had good luck, so far, with the powder.

Also, are the mothers all of the same strain? I've heard certain strains don't like to clone easily.

yes i use a rooting compound and the strains i have i have been using for a long time
white widow
super silver haze and nebula

i have been doing clones for about 7 years now and never had a problem but now they just start the root nubs and then stop. i am using rockwool with a touch of jump start soaked cubs over night to lower ph to 5.5. i have a dome on them as i alway did until the roots start. i have them under a 26 watt cfl daylight bulb. the root zone temp is about 80 degrees. the mothers are healthy. the water is city but i run it throw a charcoal filter which i change every 2 months.
help i am pulling my hair out!!!!!!! what hair i have lol

Check what are you doing different...isn't 5.5 ph low????

Man I feel your pain. I too have been successfully cloning since the turn of the century. I came across a strain I had never heard of nor seen before. It took over 9 weeks!!! to get nubs, then another 5-7 days to see the first actual root appear. I didn't change a thing of my routine. I think that I stumbled on one of those strains you've heard of that simply don't like to be cloned. Perhaps the mother had stress when you made the cuttings. I don't have a clue especially since you have the experience. Have to either be doing something different or there's something in your water. Charcoal is really to remove tastes and especially odors. That's why it comes in different micron sizes. I use a triple stage, whole-house type system that goes 50/20/5 micron. Easy to make from parts cheaply gotten on Amazon. The large filter canister (not the cartridge) retails around $65-75.00 but I found at Amazon for around $30-35.00. Have three and a few fittings and good to go. I also get cheaper filters so that my incentive to toss at the correct gallons filtered is an easier decision. I also have a meter online so I know exactly how many gallons I've used.

Back
Top Bottom