Clone with weak roots

Bayarea420

I have a clone showing roots outside the rockwool 1.5 inch block. The roots look kind of weak It has a couple of roots can I add some rooting powder to speed the process up im going on 17 days after cutting from the mother. I've never cloned so im excited ive never actually successfully rooted a clone let me correct myself. This cutting is about 2 to 3 inches and the tops seem to have heat burns how can I deal with this so my cutting can survive I just cut some more just in case. When will I be able to transplant and harden off outdoors? :straightface:

Re: Clone with weak roots.

Ok well I used clonex, rockwool, and a rotisserie chicken dome because I was just testing my luck I saw this on another post. Heres the rooting powder I was asking if Its ok to add to speed up the process. Anyway any information good I will appreciate. Ive kept my ph level with in 5.5. Oh and the green cutting was recently cut yesterday. For the light I have a regular cfl desk light. Let me post pictures.

20130623_230627.jpg
20130623_230430.jpg
20130623_230459.jpg
20130623_230402.jpg
20130623_230445.jpg
20130623_230332.jpg

Hey there BayArea, I was looking at your post and in my experience patience is the key to cloning. I remember on my first batch, which was only two cycles ago, I thought I messed it up. But I had some Kush take up to 25 days get some nice roots. And I had an Afghan right beside it the same age that exploded. So just give it time. Make sure you are keeping your area clean. Looks like you have the humidity tent setting on the tile floor....??? If so get them up off. Set them on some books, block of wood, jar lids, etc. Tile will suck all the warmth out of your humidity tent. Also, couldn't see from the pics but make sure you have a few holes in the top of your tent for fresh air gas exchange. Hope this helps. It will all work out. Good luck!!:peacetwo:

Thank you guys it helped so I will take a different approach next time. If it survives well I plan on breeding the clone since I like the mother.

Hey mendocino well I raised the dome on a book roots just took off after there they started to grow like fish tails. So I transplanted one in a 4 x 4 pot with fox farm ocean forest. Its growing so cool. And as for rockwool I like it I guessit does the job I haven't tried anything else but rockwool works great especially if youre more experienced im a rookie ill get better at ittho.

Back
Top Bottom