Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 2013

MendoCino

Hello, thanks for taking the time to look at my first time indoor grow. This will be an experimental grow to let the plant teach me what it likes. This will give me a for sure way of how I will want to grow in the

future. I wish to do the SOG method, but I flowered all at once on this run. I am a legal MMJ patient and decided to grow for the first time in over 20 years, and my first indoor at that. After

getting things started and realizing that my crop may have a chance, I decided to share it with fellow growers. I've done four outdoor seasons about 20 years ago in the Appalachian hills. It was always bag

seed and the standard beautiful Christmas tree style plant. (Minus an outdoor G-13 clone grow that was robbed three weeks before harvest) I never really paid attention to specific fertilizers or other high

maintenance attributes that most growers use today. We always just used animal dung from the farm, pigs to be exact. On other notes I respect all growers and enjoy sharing my experience but I am not on a

mad scientist level with all the "It must be done this way!" advice. I just enjoy the happiness cannabis brings. So please enjoy and feel free to comment!! Happy Growing!!

So here's what I got:

Plants:
I originally received 15 clones consisting of X2 Pure Afghan, X1 Cinex, X5 Evil Twin, X7 Mendo Kush. All clones in soil in 3 inch cups. Age unknown. Afghan and Mendo are obviously Indica. Cinex is Cinderella

99 X Vortex. I don't know anything about the Evil Twin. I heard it is Black Widow or some member of the Widow family. All I know is it seems leggy, but a vigorous plant that root easily and is

receptive to pruning and nutes. If anyone has any info on this strain please share!! All plants were transplanted to #1 size standard pot and vegged for about 10 days and then put on 12/12.

Prior to flipping the lights, I took a total of 9 cuttings, all tops, to test my cloner. X2 Mendo Kush, x1 Cinex, X6 Evil Twins. More on that later.

PURE AFGHAN
IMG_030618.JPG

Equipment:

I am using a 2X4X6 mylar guerilla tent. I laid it on its side to make it 2X6X4. I can fit up to 21 plants if I use the SOG method. I have a 25 site aeroponic cloner that has done well. It produces roots in about 10

days. The first signs anyway. I am using two 6 inch inline fans. One for intake air and one for exhaust air. I also have a carbon filter installed as well. My soil consists of a bag of FoxsFarms Ocean Organic

and a bag of FoxsFarms Happy Frog, evenly mixed. I have X4 plants in #2 standard pots, X11 plants in #1 pots, X2 plants in half gallon milk jugs, X1 plant in a standard drinking cup, and X6 plants in two inch net

pots with clay pellets running on aeroponics. I use the standard FoxsFarms hydro schedule in a two gallon set up. I have a 900 watt G8 DormGrow LED. It seems to really put out. It changes colors like it

does in a bright sunny day, really cool. I am excited to see how well it does with all the LED vs. standard lighting discussions!! I know it does get hot though, so don't believe the stories of in not getting hot. It

peaked at 96 degrees F the first day I used it. I had to come up with an alternate cooling method. I just used my window at night when the light was on as a source of ventilation. This kept the growing

conditions between 65 — 75 degrees F and 40 — 60 percent humidity or RH. Seemed really nice flowering environments in my opinion...beautiful!! My nutes consist of but not limited to; FoxsFarms Grow Big,

Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom; Humboldt's Snow Storm; Maxicrop water soluble powder, Root Juice, and Azomite trace mineral powder. WooHoo, here we go!!!

NUTES

IMG_032621.JPG

IMG_037118.JPG

FILTER AND DORMGROW LED
IMG_032317.JPG

INLINE FAN FOR INTAKE. EXHAUST IS THE SAME
IMG_032517.JPG

MAY 09, 2013

Cuttings were taken from the tops of plants that were able, dipped in Clonex, and placed into the cloner. Water was run continuously and a 60W CFL was on for 24 hours. All plants are on veg setting. Also had some hot pepper cuttings too!!

IMG_039220.JPG

MAY 16 2013 start 12/12 for all 15 original clones

Plants: Evil Twin = ET, Mendo Kush = MK, Pure Afghan = PA, Cinex = CX

Nutes: Grow Big = GB, Big Bloom = BB, Tiger Bloom = TB, Snow Storm = SS, Maxi Crop = Maxi, Root Juice = RJ

May 16 Height Nutes Given
ET1 NONE TO ALL
ET1A
ET2 6
ET3 8
ET4 8
MK1
MK2 5.25
MK3 6.5
MK4 5.5
MK5 7
MK6 5
MK7 5
PA1
PA2 5
CX 7

MAY 17, 2013

Not much going on. Super Cropped ET4. Did a little stress training / bending on ET1A, ET1, ET3, and PA2.

PURE AFGHAN WITH SOME BEND TRAINING
IMG_034821.JPG

MAY 19, 2013

May 19 Height Nutes Given
ET1 5 FLUSH X2 TSP PER GAL
ET1A 7
ET2 6 BUSHDOCTOR
ET3 7.5 3 GALLONS
ET4 6.5
MK1 10.5
MK2 7
MK3 7
MK4 6
MK5 8.5
MK6 5.5
MK7 5.5
PA1 6.25
PA2 LST
CX 7

GARDEN
IMG_031818.JPG

IMG_032215.JPG

MAY 21, 2013

Added X1 TSP BB to the cloner water.

MAY 22, 2013

So I took the risk and flipped all fresh barely rooted clones. I soaked some clay pellets in a solution of X1 TSP Big Bloom and X1 TSP of Root Juice for 24 hours to let the water soak into the clay. I dipped the clones once again in Clonex and placed them into the clay pellets.

I also put X1 Mendo Kush and X2 Evil Twins into half gallon milk jugs and a plastic cup. As far as the other plants I trimmed all that needed, removing some large leaves. I try to keep two large fan leaves at the top and at least one somewhere in the middle.

HYDRO WEEK 1 ON 12/12 NUTES

May 22 X2 Gallon Nutes Given
X3 TSP Big Bloom
X1 TSP Grow Big
X1/4 TSP SnowStorm
*PER GALLON

HYDRO PROJECT CLAY PELLET SOAK
IMG_030820.JPG

CLONES SELCECTED FOR HYDRO: X4 EVIL TWIN, X1 MENDO KUSH, X1 CINEX (MENDO BEST ROOTS)
IMG_033220.JPG

PLANTS SOAKING AWAITING TRANSPLANT (CLONEX WAS USED AGAIN)
IMG_033815.JPG

IMG_033917.JPG

FLIPPED AFTER PIC WAS TAKEN
IMG_034021.JPG

X3 CLONES SELECTED FOR SOIL GROW
IMG_033530.JPG

MAY 23, 2013

Going to do a little experiment to see how each plant likes what nutes. So here is what I’m going to do. I’m gonna do a combined foilar feed and regular watering. Half the plants will receive a foilar feed of X1/2 TSP of SS per gallon and a regular feed of X1 milk jug cap full

of MaxiCrop per gallon. The other half will the receive the MaxiCrop foilar feed and the SS regular feed. All will get a regular feed of X3 TSP BB and X1 TSP of TB per gallon.

May 23 Height Nutes Given
ET1 5.5 Foliar =
ET1A 7.5 Half got SS
ET2 7.5 Half got Maxi
ET3 8.5 Soil =
ET4 8.5 Half got SS
MK1 12.5 Half got Maxi
MK2 8 All got X3TSP
MK3 8.5 BB and X1TSP
MK4 7.5 TB (1GAL)
MK5 11
MK6 6.5
MK7 8
PA1 7
PA2 3.5 LST
CX 8

Clones fed MaxiCrop only.

MAY 24, 2013

Plants loved the feeding. You can tell there is a greener healthier look. All have grown a minimum of 1 inch in 24 hours. I cloned a small piece of PA1. Put it straight in the cloner. Let’s see if it will make it.

MAY 26, 2013

May 26 Height Nutes Given
ET1 7 Foliar =
ET1A 8 1 ML BUSH
ET2 8 MASTER TO ALL
ET3 8.5 Soil =
ET4 8.5 1 G = X2TSP BB
MK1 15.5 1 G = X1TSP TB
MK2 10 1G x1TSP SS
MK3 10.5
MK4 9
MK5 13
MK6 8
MK7 9
PA1 9
PA2 4.5 LST
CX 9

GARDEN
IMG_034518.JPG

IMG_035220.JPG

MAY 29, 2013

So today I did a good plant inspection for pest or molds. All seems to be looking good. The MK seem to be leggy and stretchy. I’m guessing for the light. I’m going off the recommended height for this LED. Bud sites look nice, but possible popcorn. But we still have a

ways to go. I took MK3, which was a leggy one, and straightend out the two tops with a piece of bamboo. That stuff works great. I use small zipties too. Just bend the zip tie and run it backwards so it doesn’t lock. Then when you need to move it, it slips right off. No

sciccors or knife involved. The ET are really impressive. They are budding very well making what appears to be a nice future cola. Nice and very bushy. Both PA are looking really fluffy. Not sure if the BushMaster worked yet. Time will tell but I do know they can’t get any

taller. I also added a 60 watt CFL. It is a hydroponic full spectrum C with 5500K. Here is the feed chart.

May 29 Height Nutes Given
ET1 11.5
ET1A 9
ET2 9
ET3 8.5
ET4 9 1 G = X1TSP SS
MK1 16 1 G = X1 cap
MK2 11.5 Full of Maxi
MK3 12 and X1 cap full
MK4 11 of Azomite
MK5 15
MK6 10
MK7 11
PA1 10
PA2 6
CX 10.5

GARDEN
IMG_036820.JPG

IMG_036916.JPG

MENDO KUSH
IMG_036228.JPG

IMG_036123.JPG

EVIL TWIN
IMG_036325.JPG

PURE AFGHAN
IMG_036618.JPG

1 WEEK IN AEROPONICS ON 12/12(MENDO KUSH)
IMG_037016.JPG

MAY 31, 2013

Changed hydro water. Still sticking to FoxsFarms feed schedule, with some substitutes. Added another CFL. It is the same 60 watt type that I added yesterday.

HYDRO WEEK 2 ON 12/12 NUTES

May 31 X2 Gallon Nutes Given
X3 TSP Big Bloom
X2 TSP Tiger Bloom
X2 TSP Root Juice
X1/4 TSP SnowStorm
PER GALLON

JUNE 01, 2013

Ok so I decided to see what a 400 watt HPS would contribute to the garden. I thought of running a 600 watt and replacing the LED. However since this is an experimental grow, I am going to try and run both the 900 watt LED and the 400 watt HPS. I am not all too

familiar with all the crazy brands and found what I think is right for me. I can always upgrade in the future. I will put up pics when I receive the product but this is what I got.

LEDwholesalers 3-Piece 400 Watt Hydroponic 6-Inch Cool Tube Grow Light Set

Ushio Super HPS Bulb, 400-Watt

As far as the garden goes the bud sites are starting to show. I trimmed all the large leaves that I could without balding the plant to much. The ET are winning the prize right now. I thought the MK would be better. MK1 is real nice but overall the ET is the bushiest with
several tops. They have an overwhelming smell already as well. Very nice!!

June01 Height Nutes Given
ET1 9
ET1A 10
ET2 9.5
ET3 10
ET4 10 1G = X1.5TSP SS
MK1 17.5 1G = 1ML of
MK2 12.5 Bush Master
MK3 11.5 (None to PA)
MK4 12 1/2G of Maxi
MK5 16 to the PAs
MK6 9.5 (half a cap full)
MK7 12.5
PA1 10.5
PA2 6.5
CX 11

JUNE 01, 2013

GARDEN PIC
IMG_038817.JPG

IMG_039023.JPG

IMG_039220.JPG

IMG_039119.JPG

MENDO KUSH
IMG_037316.JPG

IMG_037415.JPG

CINEX
IMG_037715.JPG

EVIL TWIN
IMG_038118.JPG

IMG_038217.JPG

IMG_038417.JPG

PURE AFGHAN
IMG_038516.JPG

IMG_038217.JPG

IMG_038619.JPG

JUNE 02, 2013

Welcome a new member to the garden. The Afghan clone has roots!! Just after 9 days on a 12/12 light schedule, its roots are large enough to movie to a soil or hydro medium. I stuck with the clay pellets since they seem to work well. I also removed another Afghan

lower branch to focus growing on top buds and stuck it into the cloner as well. I think I’m going to do this to all if anymore lower branches I remove in the future, at least to fill my cloner. If each small clone produced 1 gram a piece, that’s 25 extra grams!! No

wasted bud. They seem to be continuing their budding just fine. One thing the Afghan has taught me is that is very responsive to 12/12 for rooting VS the traditional continuous 24 hours or 18 hours of light. This could also have to do with the nutrient solution I am using for

the hydro feed. As far as the bush master working, the Mendos grew an average of ½ inch. They usually grow an inch or so. So they have slowed down. The three clones in the small containers for roots and they have started well. Hope to get them caught up. Need to

find some way to get them higher to the lights. Just not as focused on them, plus I want to see how well they do where they are for future growing. My nute mix is working great. The snow storm is doing its job. The ETs are looking amazingly frosty.

9 DAY OLD PURE AFGHAN CLONE (NEVER REMOVED FROM 12/12)
IMG_039323.JPG

IMG_039811.JPG

JUNE 4, 2013

So I spotted some type of mold I think on one of my ET in the cloner. I pulled it out immediately. It had a nice root ball and the roots looked fine. So instead of throwing it to the way side, I figured I might as well give it a shot and put it into some soil. I am not giving it

any special care, just seeing if it will make it. I personally think it will be a long time before the plant rejuvenates, but I think it will eventually make it.

POSSIBLE MOLD
IMG_040325.JPG

June 5, 2013

Got the 400 watt HPS in today. Going to run the intake to cool it and have the fan also aimed on the LED. Hope there is not any temperature issues. I am also going to try and get the HPS a little closer to the plants. Here is what I fed them tonight.

June05 Nutes Given
ET1
ET1A
ET2
ET3
ET4 1G = X1TSP SS
MK1 1G = X2 TSP of
MK2 BB, X2 TSP TB
MK3
MK4
MK5
MK6
MK7
PA1
PA2
CX

JUNE 8, 2013

Well here is the latest update. Didn’t have time to measure so I just have what I fed them. I changed the hydro water again. The roots are not getting real long but are healthy. And the hydro plants have grown dramatically. This is my first ever hydro and things are going

well. It may be beginners luck. I don’t measure the PH or PPM. I just been going off the FoxsFarms chart and substituting stuff they list I don’t have. The SS is “knocking it out of the park”. The ETs are eating it up!! The MKs is looking awesome too!! To my surprise the

PAs are not “crystalizing”. But they do have tight nodes and look to be starting to form cola buds. Overall it is getting very interesting. They are small plants but seem to be bringing a nice harvest ahead. I’m starting to try and figure an estimate gram per plant I will get.

On a final note I could not use my Ushio HPS light. I guess it was not rated for the ballast I have. But the bulb that came with the HPS system is doing fine.

HYDRO WEEK 3 ON 12/12 NUTES

June 8 X2 Gallon Nutes Given
X3 TSP Big Bloom
X2 TSP Grow Big
X1 TSP SnowStorm
PER GALLON

The other plants got a small drink of: 2 gallons total of X2TSP OF GB, X3TSP BB, X1 TSP SS PER gallon. I also made a special blend of: X½ gallon total of X½ ML of bushmaster, ½ TSP of SS, X1 TSP BB, X1 TSP GB PER gallon. This was fed to MK1, MK2, MK5, MK6 and PA1.

GARDEN
IMG_042822.JPG

IMG_042917.JPG

IMG_042219.JPG

MENDO KUSH
IMG_041618.JPG

IMG_042421.JPG

IMG_042516.JPG

IMG_042616.JPG

Great info for fist journal/post!

WELCOME to 420 ovcourse seems to me your not new to the grow game tho ; P

good looking plants i look forward to watch them grow!

Thanks jlt:thanks:

I learned all I know about indoor growing from here on :420:

JUNE 10, 2013

Ok, so went in the jungle tonight and man have things changed. Plants seem to be looking different everyday. I trim a gallon jug full of leaves about every 3 days. The buds are looking good and they have a ways to go. Just as long as I don't over feed them. They are

defiantly eating alot more and becoming dryer faster now with the HPS and budding cycle in full effect. But I love to give a healthy plant that has dry soil and water her down!! They love it and it seems that you can almost watch them grow. As far as the plants go.....the

Mendo's are looking great, the Evil Twin is looking great, all is lookng great!! The SnowStorm is working great. I know I have said it before. But it is awesome. While trimming tonight my forearm brushed against a top of a Mendo. Just from that little brush my arm was

sticky and had a citrus smell. I am stoked!! TIP So I have figured out a little tip to make our lives easier in the Cannabis world. You know when that pesky mummy in law is at the house or that not so 420 friendly friend of your wife. Well I learned really quickly to

smoke using my intake box for my tent. All the smoke is pulled through to the tent and the carbon scrubber takes care of the rest. No smell. My hound dog of a wife didn't even smell it. I was impressed. On other notes I also do not plant to measure the plant's heighth

anymore. They have leveled out a bit. I will do a final talley at harvest. Anyway here is what I fed them and some pics from today's visit.

2 Gallons Total
X1 Cap Full of MaxiCrop
X1 Cap Full of Azomite
X2 TSP of Tiger Bloom
PER GALLON

SNEAKY SMOKE BOX (No Odor)
IMG_043319.JPG

INTAKE FROM WINDOW (Also keeps temps down with cool evenings)
IMG_043418.JPG

CLONES ARE LOOKING GOOD (Just Trimmed)
IMG_044317.JPG

MENDO KUSH
IMG_045721.JPG

IMG_045615.JPG

IMG_043516.JPG

IMG_045318.JPG

IMG_045420.JPG

IMG_043815.JPG

IMG_043917.JPG

EVIL TWIN AND MENDO KUSH TWISTING UP
IMG_044912.JPG

GARDEN SHOT
IMG_045117.JPG

once you are done with this grow if you are not making hashish out of those leaves consider juicing them. i would not juice any of the leaves treated with Bushmaster.

I plan on trying my hand at making some hashish when finished. I only used the Bushmaster on the leaves once at the beginning so I have lots of good leaf. Not familiar with "juicing". Gonna read up on it. Thanks.

once you are done with this grow if you are not making hashish out of those leaves consider juicing them. i would not juice any of the leaves treated with Bushmaster.

does the jucies have any medicating benifits?? (like does it get you high?) or is it just that the plant still has good nutrients that the body likes lol

does the jucies have any medicating benifits?? (like does it get you high?) or is it just that the plant still has good nutrients that the body likes lol

.......like getting you high!! lol!!

Re: Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 20

juicing the leaves is a way to medicate and get higher CBD from the plant. i am a medical user and seldom feel high, i do not feel high from it i feel medicated. i smoke as well from a pipe and seldom feel high from that either.

Re: Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 20

So here is the latest update on things. All plants are looking really good. However they have seem to have slowed down in growth. But maybe thats because I sat and stare at them. They are drinking a ton more now that they are in bloom. I recently flushed them and

changed the cloner water. One thing I discovered with the aero set up is that my cloner is plugged into the 12/12 side of my timer. So for the past week the cloner has been going on 12/12 with the lights. Good thing is the plants in the system have taken off!! Looking

really good. No more trimming as of now. I'm going to let them keep some leaves for a bit. Here is what I fed them.

JUNE 13, 2013

Used 3 gallons total to do the flush.
X2 TSP of Bush Doctor
X TSP of Big Bloom

JUNE 15, 2013

Week 3 Hydro Nutes
Used 2 gallons total.
X1/4 TSP Bush Doctor
X3 TSP Big Bloom
X2 TSP Grow Big
1/2 TSP Root Juice
1/4 TSP Snow Storm

Here are some updated pics.
Mendo Tops
IMG_047118.JPG

IMG_047019.JPG

Garden Shots
IMG_046821.JPG

IMG_046721.JPG

IMG_046623.JPG

More Mendos
IMG_046519.JPG

IMG_046425.JPG

IMG_046319.JPG

IMG_045318.JPG

IMG_045615.JPG

IMG_046019.JPG

IMG_046121.JPG

Afghan with more bending
IMG_045925.JPG

IMG_045825.JPG

it is probably not an issue right now, just watch out for the zip ties they may begin to cut into the stems as the plant grows.

it is probably not an issue right now, just watch out for the zip ties they may begin to cut into the stems as the plant grows.

would this become a issue? iv seen alot ov people who just tie tight and let the plant grow around the string, tie, extra... like it would grow through a fence and engulf it almost, didnt think it hurt the plant if antyhing it would help bond it to what ever it was grabing to stabilize,.... just curious lol

Yeah I keep the zipties loose. I flip the zipties and thread them inside out so they don't actually stay fixed. This allows me to move them around as needed and keep them loose. I have taken most off. If needed I will probably just use string to tie the plants to the bamboo if the buds start leaning hard. But I would be more than happy to take the time and do that!!:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom