Trimming clones

Buddskii

Hey all!
It's my first go at cloning and I've been successful at rooting some cuttings.
I'm getting new leaves growing but during the rooting phase I got hit with yellowing leaves. Those leaves have been there since the rooting phase and I wanted to know if I should leave them and let it be, or is it safe to remove them since I have new leaves growing?
They rooted approx 1.5 weeks ago.
Thanks for any feedback ✌️

20230819_200734.jpg

Yes, leave them. Lol.

When the cuts just start to root they pull nutrients from the leaves to power the root development. That's why when you're trying to root cuttings, seeing some discolouration on the leaves is a good sign.

The color likely won't return to those leaves but they still help power the plant.

Later on in growth if you get discoloration on other leaves that means the plant is pulling nutrients from another part of the plant to power top growth. So, if you pull off the discolored leaves before fixing the issue, the plant will just pull them from the next set of leaves spreading the problem.

And congratulations on rooting your cuts! :thumb:

Thanks! 😀

My first try at rooting clones and all of them survived. But now another problem... I have no idea what to do with all of them as my tent is only a 2x4 and it's too late to grow outside.

Any suggestions on keeping them all with some topping/training them to successfully bloom with limited space?
I heard of some peeps growing 1 big top on multiple plants due to this reason....

20230827_181215.jpg

Any suggestions on keeping them all with some topping/training them to successfully bloom with limited space?
Using google or your favorite search engine look up:
hempy growing

That will give you info and ideas from all over the place.

After reading up what it involves and how to grow the plants while they are still small do another search using the following phrase:
420 magazine hempy

which will give you links back to message threads here.

Hempy is a type of hydro growing method that is fast and furious using smaller sized plants. Basically the plants are transplanted into a mix of Perlite and fed with hydroponic fertilizers. You will have to give your plants a couple weeks of super-charged growth to get them a bit taller but not much more than they are now. Build up the root system at the same time. Then all of them will be put into flowering at the same time.

At harvest time you will not get a lot from each plant but they all will be harvested at the same time, give or take a day, and then all dried and cured together.

Or change the search to SOG or Sea of Green and look for threads on the old style Sea of Green grows. The plants are often allowed to grow a bit larger and it can be done with the plants in a good soil. Most of the time it is a method done with 4 to 6 plants at a time because it can take up a lot of space. Lately some growers are using the ScroG method and calling it a Sea Of Green which is why I suggest looking at older threads.

I heard of some peeps growing 1 big top on multiple plants due to this reason....
Sounds like you are thinking of a Screen of Green, another old time method. Several plants are placed under a screen made of wire with large openings or these days under a net. Then the plants are grown for awhile until the tops can be woven into the screen producing one large canopy.

There are advantages and downsides to either method.

Back
Top Bottom