Closet Grow Down Under

Over There

Hi all,

Decided to start a grow journal. This is my first grow and have done a lot of reading on the web to get me started. Will try to make weekly updates. I am growing 1x white widow feminised and 2x Dwarf low flyer feminized auto's from Cropking seeds. Very well packaged to make it through Aussie customs. Well I'm still waiting for the DLF to arrive, fingers crossed! I have a 600w mh and a 600w hps. And also 2x 130W cfl 2700K and 6400K. I have the white widow in its fourth week from seed and is really starting to take off. It is under a 600w mh on the left. When i receive the DLF seeds they will grow under the 130w cfl. I have gone with the cfl for the DLF because of heat issues mainly, and I'm interested to see how the cfl's perform. I have lined the walls of the closet with reflective mylar. I have an industrial pedestal fan for circulation and cooling (on the right side of the closet out of view). I have also got a Green Pad for some extra co2 which i spray from time to time. I am using Osmocote Seed Raising mix with a bit of perlite in the beginning and will be transferring into larger pots when necessary. Then i will be using Canna Terra Pro soil mixed with 25% perlite. I am getting a 21L fabric smart pot for the WW and smaller plastic pots for the DLF that i have lying around. I am watering every few days right now or when the top inch feels dry. The temp is kinda high around 30 degrees right now (but plant seems to be handling it fine), and the humidity around 35% mostly but it does vary a little getting up to 50% sometimes. I am using RO water and the full General Hydroponics Flora Series Simple range with their feeding schedule from their site (with the addition of CalMag). I have watered the WW and it has taken the nutrients very well. No signs of stress on full strength according to chart they have on the GH website. I am running a 18/6 light schedule. If anyone has any questions or advice please post don't be shy....peace!

photo-277.JPG

As far as ph goes i have a cheap soil test kit and it is showing somewhere between 6-7 so I'm happy with that. I have a ph pen and my nutrients are going in at 6.2. I have a ppm meter on order which has been delayed. I am not using one at the moment but am not too concerned about it.

Gave my girl a feed yesterday and below shows the growth in one day, i find it very impressive....Im so glad that it is taking well to full strength General Hydroponics nutrients (Flora Trio, CalMag, Rapid Start and Floralicious Plus)! Also i topped it today for first time. Smart pot should arrive early next week then ill be transplanting.....Also i've read when adding co2 like i am with the green pad, it is better to have higher temps, so I'm not so worried about the high temps anymore..

Gotta be subbing to an Aussie grow, lol... Looking good :)

Just had a close look at the early regrowth and i think i may have fimmed her, rather than topped. No wonder fimming stands for Fuck I Missed! haha

Dwarf Low Flyer seeds arrived today! Beginning the germination process. Second time i have brought from Cropking seeds...Very discrete packaging, cleared customs no problem. Thanks Cropking!

Turns out i did only top my little girl....a little un-even as its not quite growing symetrical. all is looking good! Need to transplant, still waiting on smart pot....

Back
Top Bottom