Co2 is it worth the money?

Greenxtc

Im new to growing and have done my best to spare no expense when it came to the setup for my girls the only thing i havnt bothered with is Co2. I have looked into it and there are quite a few different methods of delivery the most appealing being the Co2 tabs that dissolve in water purely for the price but info on them is vague and gives no indication of how long they last or how much Co2 they give off, another method that caught my eye was the bucket that was available on ebay but the refills cost almost the same as the initial set up. so would i be better off buying a full cannister system in the long run or most importantly is it worth me having Co2 at all??

Co2 is def worth it. It will show faster growth and harvest. But if you want to save money just make you a co2 generator from using 2x 3 gallon hi-c jugs about 2 to 3 foot tubing some cement glue and a T valve and also a regultor valve. I would get 2 regulator valves to slow yur leak more and control the flo better. All this you can get for 30 bucks. And use baking soda and vinegar. 14 grams + 200ml (1 cup) of vinegar = 10 gallons of co2. Depending on how much you release that should last you for a week or 2. just make baking sodabombs, roll 14grams in some toilet paper and then drop it into the jug of vinegar and quickly close he top. Shake it watch that thing bubble. Keep the valves shut off so that it will build up all the co2 in both jugs then release as you please

You can get the regulators and T valves plus tubing from home depot in the plumbing section

Co2 is only really effective on indoor grows when the temperature remains high 30c plus & may require around 1500 ppm Co2 in your growing chamber for best results.

Jj my grow space is 90 width x 60 depth x 140 height (cm) and im using led lighting to keep the temperature down and thanks for the tips wizhigh and fuzzy il definately be adding co2 to my arsenal of grow equipment and I especially like the home made way of doing things as ive spent quite alot on my set up recently and could do with cutting some costs, so baking soda bombs it is. Many thanks

Co2 is only really effective on indoor grows when the temperature remains high 30c plus & may require around 1500 ppm Co2 in your growing chamber for best results.

Only thing I would add to that is that plants can uptake different PPM's of CO2 @ different temperatures. So, around 85-86F degrees they can uptake more CO2. This is important because if you're pumping 1500 PPM in a room with 75F you are wasting CO2.

Jj my grow space is 90 width x 60 depth x 140 height (cm) and im using led lighting to keep the temperature down and thanks for the tips wizhigh and fuzzy il definately be adding co2 to my arsenal of grow equipment and I especially like the home made way of doing things as ive spent quite alot on my set up recently and could do with cutting some costs, so baking soda bombs it is. Many thanks

You have a very small grow space, I would go with the Green Pad

All you do is hang it in your grow space and as long as your humidity is 35% or higher it will release CO2 into the room. They work great, are cheap and simple.

no problem let us know how the grow goes also unless you have a drill and drill bit to make the hole in the 3 gallon caps u would have to buy that to but get it from homedepot also because when your done with the drill and bit you can return them both and get your money back. and what ever drill bit u get make sure its a second of a cm smaller than the hose your using so it will be a tight fit no gas will leak. u still woul want to seal it off with cement glue tho just incase theres a little leak. but other than that $30 well spent. i just remodel mine and im using 4x 3gallon jugs all piped together pretty much a quad it holds idk what amount but if 2 3gallons dont break from 10gallon pressure than four will be twice or more as much. it works great. u can tell its working because when i walk in my grow room i get light headed bad for me but good for the plant

Really do appreciate all the advice I knew there were a few different ways to get co2 to your plants but had no idea there was this many, it will definately be a case of trial and error to see which works best with it being my first grow and having just a novel garden rather than a full grow room and I will be starting up a journal asap to show how things are going. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom