CO2

not worth the money , get a regulator and a tank , much cheaper in the long run and better results , I use 2 tanks on my 4x4x8 tent just to keep a even flow of co2 in my tent for my 4 plants and I only use it for flower and stop the last 2 weeks before I chop .

DYI is a good option. Build an arduino-based activation switch with CO2 sensor connect to an air pump that push air into an air-tight bucket with sugar/molasses and yeast.

That's very nice...

I did a lot of experimenting with yeast and sugar back in the day. Messy and expensive.

I know a few folks that use those bags. Couple guys swear by them.

I never got around to running a system with tanks and all, but have always wanted to. I was always told as a home grower it's the last thing on your list to tweak or add.

I have used co2 tanks on my last 3 grows and it makes a big difference on the size of the cola especially the lower buds , those home made co2 generators are a p.i.t.a , I only use it for flower and turn it off for the last week of flower as I don't see a big change in the last week , it allows you to get your lights closer and the light gets to the lower part of the plant , in doing this you can run temps up to about 90 degrees in the tent as long as it is closed and good air movement in the tent and don't run at lights off either .

I have used co2 tanks on my last 3 grows and it makes a big difference on the size of the cola especially the lower buds , those home made co2 generators are a p.i.t.a , I only use it for flower and turn it off for the last week of flower as I don't see a big change in the last week , it allows you to get your lights closer and the light gets to the lower part of the plant , in doing this you can run temps up to about 90 degrees in the tent as long as it is closed and good air movement in the tent and don't run at lights off either .

so do you have to manually open up vents at lights out then seal off the tent at lights on every day?
this is the part that makes it seem like too much. I tried it for the first time in my veg tent and ended up going 24/0 so i didn't have to worry about it. the tank is empty now so i'm back to venting as usual and feel a bit better without it, at least for now still being new.
probably gonna go back to 18/6 today.

I am running in coco so the only time my tent is open is when I am watering and my co2 is on a timer so I open my tent at 7pm -water close it back up and the co2 automatically comes on at 8 pm and shuts off at 7 am for my 12/12 cycle , haven't been using for veg yet , that is my next grow experiment to see how much difference it makes in veg and how much extra work is involved to do the extra trimming to maintain a proper height for my tent , the co2 has put on at least 2 ft of height on all the plants for the flower stage and the bud size is great and dense , I switched to hps lights (600 watt ) for this grow so I have a bit of a height issue now , previous 2 grows were with led lights and co2 , so I am still learning too but co2 does make a big difference I find , but just my 2 cents

I have 3 weeks left to go in flower so actually on 2 weeks left with co2 and I figure I should get about 14 oz off each of these plants (dry weight )and I spent about $90 on co2 for the 9 weeks of flower - 3 - 20lb tanks , I try and keep my ppm of co2 around 1000 -1200 ppm .

I find that the added co2 also causes the plants to transpire very heavily with co2 also , I had to put a dehumidifier in there and a extra fan - was worried about bud rot -but so far so good

I am running in coco so the only time my tent is open is when I am watering and my co2 is on a timer so I open my tent at 7pm -water close it back up and the co2 automatically comes on at 8 pm and shuts off at 7 am for my 12/12 cycle , haven't been using for veg yet , that is my next grow experiment to see how much difference it makes in veg and how much extra work is involved to do the extra trimming to maintain a proper height for my tent , the co2 has put on at least 2 ft of height on all the plants for the flower stage and the bud size is great and dense , I switched to hps lights (600 watt ) for this grow so I have a bit of a height issue now , previous 2 grows were with led lights and co2 , so I am still learning too but co2 does make a big difference I find , but just my 2 cents

That's encouraging. my plants started to look better and grow faster after i quit with the c02 attempt lol. But it was a bit of experience for me and after reading a few times that it's actually the last thing a grower should do only after everything else has been dialed in mastered. obviously if you're pulling 14oz per plant you're at that point in your grow life. it must be amazing.

I'm certainly gonna give it another try but after a few more grows.

Thanks!

I have found that certain breeds do better with co2 than others and I have never tried it with auto`s either , I have done 3 grows of co2 with crop king seeds of their crown royal fem and they love the added co2 .

the next issue is you will need a co2 monitor and they arent cheap ($250.00), this a must so you can tell what your co2 levels actually are and how much to open the valves on the regulator to get to the desired range as this depends on the size of your grow space and the air flow also , 1200 ppm is perfect -1500 is fantastic but it starts getting expensive to maintain a 1500 ppm level all the time .really chew through co2 tanks at that level .

Back
Top Bottom