Coco Flood & Drain 2020

1 week in flower PPM 1250. PH I don't even bother adjusting anymore. It's somewhere between 6-7.
Bit of a problem with space. I might need to dismantle everything and put the reservoir to the side. Pity as I would need to cut the trellis off. It was like 20 euros :)

Idk, new drivers will come in few days but how would I even get to setup the Led light if I get it working. The thing is heavy AF and I can't reach one corner of the tent at all.
Man.. tried to avoid manually top feeding but that is what I would need to do if I set the flood tray to the floor. Idk.

PXL_20210113_185953638.jpg

PXL_20210113_190009625.jpg

PXL_20210113_190038875.jpg

Yep... gonna be fun. Only a handful of options to get it under control. They look great though. 1 option is to cut Everything below the net and crop them all at 90 (at the net) and tie them all to the net. Should be fun! I’m going to run some clones either DWC or on a drain table. Always wanted to try

I removed the reservoir to make more space. Then I made a new shorter support table just so I can still drain the table to a smaller bucket. While I was at it did a floating trellis thing also.
1 fully broken branch and few that I had to duct-tape later this is how it looks now. Also deleafed. There's enough room now for them.
Not very happy about how lanky these grew out and there seems to be far less bud nodes than usual. I must have had the light too far away in the veg. Oh well still worth flowering them out I guess.

Got new drivers for the led but now I'm waiting for potentiometers to arrive... If you plan on DIYing a light start a year before it needs to be working ;D

PXL_20210117_192036133.MP.jpg

PXL_20210117_192025604.MP.jpg

PXL_20210117_192009082.jpg

Nothing super exciting to journal. Started to PK boost and PPMs are around 1300.
Every day I take out couple of handfuls of leaves out but looking at the pictures it doesn't look like I've done any deleafing.
Also had to take more cuttings as only half of the earlier ones rooted. Maybe because I just cut them with scissors not bothering with the 45 degree razor blade cut. Not using any rooting hormones. The ones in the water jars weren't viable anymore. I might have to take more even in this late state. I always lollipop too little so there should be couple of branches I could still take.

I started PK boosting a week earlier just hoping it would end the stretch earlier as they are still growing taller. Anyway it's always nice to see those buds starting to form.

PXL_20210125_193602298.jpg

PXL_20210125_193623638.jpg

It's now been a month in flower and I believe last of the deleafing is done. Can't reach the back so they will be like they are. Man, I feel I'm stripping these plants almost naked but the pictures tell another story. It's getting too sticky to be deleafing much longer though.
I can already tell some of them are going to have big colas so I should try to get more leaves out to prevent bud rot as it is quite packet in there.

Used last of my A&B nutes but still have like 100L in the rez with ppm around 1400 and bunch of PK booster. I wonder if I should order some more?
I'm mostly sceptical about the necessity of other nutrient additives but I would like to try Mammoth P in the future.

Anyways, Smells are wonderful. Love this stage of the grow :)

PXL_20210131_201637694.jpg

PXL_20210131_201714517.jpg

Nothing like the ”stink” on your arm after trying to reach The back of the room! Looking very nice. That is a elluva lot of bud in there
Oh yeah I'm pretty sticky and itchy from trying to reach there. Managed to pull out some largest leaves from back there. Also noticed from the last pic that one was growing under the duct-fan so pulled that one a bit.

I put my HPS driver to "overdrive" to 660W. What a difference couple of days makes now. NOW I'm pretty much going to leave them alone until harvest time.

PXL_20210202_192445751.jpg

When do you guys usually start flushing? I'm 4-5 weeks into flower and as I already told my nutrients ran out. I still have some in the reservoir. I ordered 10L of Hesi coco nutes for the future but I'm wondering if it's worth it to start giving that stuff for these. I've used Canna but that Hesi stuff is almost half the price.
I usually flower for 9-10 weeks so not sure if it's time to stop giving them nutes yet.

Seems like I just managed to get 16 clones. Next time I need to get that rooting hormone for sure.

Plants look alright. Filling up but due to lack of heavy nutes they might not grow as big now.

PXL_20210206_024102970.jpg

PXL_20210206_024345989.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210206_024208023.jpg

I’d most definitely keep feeding them. I don’t really flush my plants. I didn’t back when it was cool too. Somebody will likely swing by claiming flushing is “bro science” with some supporting fluff. That said, I’m going to start flushing my plants. Guess I was never one to hang with the cool kids. Been reading about a couple strains that have enhanced terpene profiles when nearly starved when grown. I’m going to start trimming after extended darkness too. Might drop temp to the 40s or so for a few nights at the end too. Lots of buttons to push and 10% extra weight is useless to me. The journey is the prize.

keep feeding them

I started giving them Hesi nutrients. It may be cheaper than Canna but you have to give it at least twice as much to raise the PPM's. It's about 1200-1500 now. Never can be super accurate with these cheapo meters.

Everything is looking alright and bud keeps growing :)

PXL_20210210_032958450.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210210_033009817.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210210_033051333.NIGHT.jpg

Today I transplanted the clones to new coco. Took more than 16 just in case.

I was hoping these top nugs would fill up more but I believe they are mostly done bulking up now.
I will use the rest of the nutes in the res and just top it off with fresh water for maybe 1-2 weeks. I still think it's a good idea to flush just with water.

There are still some big nugs and overall I'm pretty happy about the results.
One observation I've done before is that the plants I couldn't reach seem to be bigger back there. Too much deleafing might not be as good as it's said to be?
Again, I didn't lollipop enough and there are some completely worthless stuff below. Live and learn I guess. I need to be ruthless next time when lollipopping :)

Some have slight light damage in the middle but they look beautiful still. It's going to be a lot of work trimming all this but I'm happy doing it.

PXL_20210222_235238283.jpg

PXL_20210223_020252634.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210223_020304470.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210223_020311112.NIGHT.jpg

Hi Vike. I have a question about your LED project. If you disconnect all but 1 of those LED strips, and only have 1 connected to the driver, will it light up?

Hi Vike. I have a question about your LED project. If you disconnect all but 1 of those LED strips, and only have 1 connected to the driver, will it light up?
Good question. These drivers are kind of unnecessarily powerful for just 1 strip. I haven't looked up what would happen if I try to run just one. I should since they send me the "repaired" drivers back I bought the first time. Now I have 2 extra. I should do Veg lights from them or just general plant lights.
I'm certainly not the one to ask since I haven't done a single working light yet. After I clean up the tent I'll get into doing the light again. Been just enjoying my harvest now.

I'm not a LED guru but there are a couple things I learned a while back. Each LED has a 'threshold' voltage, and the driver has a maximum voltage. If the sum of all the LED voltages exceeds the driver's maximum, none of the LEDs will light up. You won't damage any of the components by running just one set of LEDs, but if 1 segment does light up alone then you the full set is likely exceeding the driver's output.

Back
Top Bottom