DIY Tupperware Six Spots for 6” Net Pots to start before carrying them to the Flood and Drain Tray

After building a couple of diy bubble cloners and thinking about this summer's 2nd grow, I am thinking of maybe a better way to do it.

I use a flood and drain hydro system to grow out and flower the plants but I usually grow a mother/donor, take cuttings, and root them in a small tent until they are ready for the flood and drain.

I rarely grow from seed to harvest. I also rarely grow a strain more than once, the only exception has been OG Kush. I am thinking of just growing from seed and forgetting about taking cuttings. Last time, I started from seed I just used a rapid rooter cubes and when the roots were established, the seedlings went straight to the flood and drain.
So, I have plants just starting in my flood and drain trays but by mid summer these should be finished and ready for a second run before winter.

I am thinking when I'm a month or so out from current plant harvest, starting my seeds in rapid rooter cubes and going straight into a tupperware that will hold six, six inch net pots with clay pellets and use nutes to grow them until my flood and drain trays are empty and ready for them.

Do you guys see any problems with this?
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (1).JPG

6x6" net pot tupperware, air stones glued down to aerate the nute water.
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (2).JPG

DIY tuperware 6x6" with air lines attached to air stones, neated up and ran through a hole in the lid.
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (4).JPG

diy tuperware 6x6" with 6" net pots installed
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (6).JPG

diy tuperware, sight window to determine water height to match flood and drain water level
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (7).JPG

Better pic of site window for desired water level
diy tuperware 6x6in net pots pre tray (5).JPG

Dimensions of tuperware container.

Interesting setup; will you be doing a journal?

Tok..
Not about this. I want to start plants from seed for my 2nd grow of the season. So I plan on starting them in rapid rooter cubes and then when I get roots showing I will put them in the 6" net pots with clay pebbles and put ph nuted water with the air stones going. I have marked the tuperware so I'll know where to keep the water level so it matches my tray. I will move them to the tray when my current grow is finished. I am thinking when the last to finish is about five weeks out, I'll plant the seeds.
What do you think?

Not about this. I want to start plants from seed for my 2nd grow of the season. So I plan on starting them in rapid rooter cubes and then when I get roots showing I will put them in the 6" net pots with clay pebbles and put ph nuted water with the air stones going. I have marked the tuperware so I'll know where to keep the water level so it matches my tray. I will move them to the tray when my current grow is finished. I am thinking when the last to finish is about five weeks out, I'll plant the seeds.
What do you think?
the container will fit in my little tent with the 2' four bulb t5 light

I'm planning on starting two Panama feminized and four Headroom Incident feminized (Neville G13/Pineapple C99/Sour Diesel). I have no idea what to expect from the Headroom Incident it's supposed to be a medium tall plant. The Panama is supposed to be one of those 100 plus days flowering sativas.

Back
Top Bottom