Vanilla Kush, Hydro Flood & Drain, By Gwhunran 2022

Thanks Bill, they're quite dense and still purple :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's your garage right?
What temp and rh do you get in there?

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

In the shade in a screened in porch. We have good humidity outside most of the time.
They will get trimmed off the stalks, and go onto the hanging racks in the basement, when they are more dry. The basement is low 70sF and around 60%rh.
Then the jars.

The outside hanging is mainly for the initial stink of fresh cut weed. :rolleyes:

Vanilla Kush
7 days since harvest.
Buds trimmed off stalks.

Sample of larger buds after trimming.

VK 7 Days since harvest (6).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Seven days since harvest.

VK 7 Days since harvest (7).JPG

VK 7 Days since harvest (3).JPG

VK 7 Days since harvest (9).JPG

VK 7 Days since harvest (4).JPG

VK 7 Days since harvest (8).JPG

Vanilla Kush
In the jars.

Vanilla Kush (5).JPG

Vanilla Kush, been in the jars a few days now. Pleasant smell, not overpowering.

Vanilla Kush (4).JPG

Vanilla Kush, a little closer view of a bud.
Shinny Nugs.:bravo:
Real Beauties.
Have a good evening :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Shinny Nugs.:bravo:
Real Beauties.
Have a good evening :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž
They're curing just fine. Super dense. I've got to make bubble hash out of the trim and I've got 5 qt jars full of small buds to make rosin with. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Dabpress gives me from Vanilla Kush. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Vanilla Kush
About 6 weeks since chop.

Making my first run of rosin with the VK.
I weighed out four portions of small buds. Each portion approx. 6gr.
I put the 6gr of flower in the cylinder mold and pressed it into a puck with hand pressure and a C-clamp to finish.
This was repeated a 2nd time to make two total pucks.
One of the 160 micron filter bags shown in the picture and cut it in half. One bag will do two pucks.
Pucks were placed in the filter bags and then put in a folded piece of baking parchment paper then placed into the Dabpress that was preheated to 190F.
Then pressure was applied with the Dabpress until done.
Parchment paper was removed from the press and the flattened pucks were place in jar for making tincture later.
The paper with the rosin was placed in a frig. and 12 more grams of Vanilla Kush were pressed.
When the 2nd run was done and the paper with rosin was placed in the frig., the first press was removed and a tool was used to collect the cool rosin.
I will let the rosin sit the frig for about a week before putting in the freezer.

I love the color of the Vanilla Kush rosin.

6g VK 1st squeeze (1).JPG

6 gr Vanilla Kush flower to make one puck for pressing.

VK 1st squeeze 24gr flower.JPG

Vanilla Kush rosin. Four pucks of 6gr each were used to make two rosin disk. I love the blonde color.

After two months of cure, I am happy to report that this is a wonderful strain. This is more my evening smoke and I often put a small piece of rosin in the middle of the bong bowl. I don't smoke many bowls when I do that. :rolleyes:
The effects are definitely indica relaxing. The smell is on the skunky side and the taste is pleasant and mostly earthy to me.
I can't wait to get the Headroom Incident cured and the two different Panama phenos hold a lot of promise as they are about a month out from harvest.

After more than four months of cure, this is one fine strain. Of the six rosin strains I've squeezed, Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush, feminized photo period is my favorite for both taste and effect so far. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom