Panama, Hydro Flood & Drain By Gwhunran 2022

Really pretty in there. So you're emptying twice a day, 1.3g each time, that's 2.6g/day. Is that more than you expected? Do you use the water from the dehumidifier?

Really pretty in there. So you're emptying twice a day, 1.3g each time, that's 2.6g/day. Is that more than you expected? Do you use the water from the dehumidifier?
Thanks, most of the green pheno stalks just laid down towards the back some time ago and are already massive. It's hard to get a picture that shows their size to scale.

I am emptying at least twice a day and it's filling more than that currently. So mfg. says 1.6 gal tank and twice a day emptying each side so 6.4 gallons per day counting both rooms.

I wish I had an easy way to pour it into the reservoir, but I am currently watering a big white oak. :rolleyes:

Panama
Day 69 since flip.

Morning check, everything running normally.

Plants are still drinking hard. I'm topping up twice a day with tap water, checking PH and adjusting if necessary. PH dropping between top ups.

Buds are still building and if things keep up will be very large at harvest.

Panama Day 69 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 69 flower. Tall green phenos that laid down toward the back are really fattening up.

Panama Day 69 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 69 flower.

Panama Day 69 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 69 flower. Green phenos in the front still upright.

Panama Day 69 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 69 flower.

Panama Day 69 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 69 flower. Red pheno

Panama
Day 71 since flip.

Everything running normally during both daily checks.

Flowers are still building.

Panama Day 71 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 71 flower. Just before lights on with a flash.

Panama Day 71 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 71 flower. Fat and tall green phenos laying down in the back.

Panama Day 71 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 71 flower, green pheno

Panama Day 71 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 71 flower, red pheno

Panama Day 71 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 71 flower. Tall green pheno. Tied it over a bit to get it off the light. :oops:

Panama
Day 75 since flip.

Morning Check, everything running normally.

The Headroom Incident was fully harvested two days ago and all that rooms electrical devices were turned off. The results being, less heat and less humidity in the grow area. The temperatures in the Panama room are dropping to the 50sF (10C) during lights off with outside ambient temperatures in the 30sF (0C).

Buds are still maturing.

Panama Day 74 (1).JPG

Panama, Day 74 flower.

Panama Day 74 (2).JPG

Panama, Day 74 flower.

Panama Day 74 (4).JPG

Panama, Day 74 flower.

Panama Day 74 (3).JPG

Panama, Day 74 flower.

Panama
Day 77 since flip

Morning check, everything running 4.0

The flowers are still building.
Many stalks at their widest point are bigger around than my forearm and some are wider than my biceps.
They are frosting more too.
Not a lot of smell in the room at the moment and the colors aren't changing much.
Since only one light is in use now and the other room is completely powered down, the temps are getting lower during lights off, but are still staying in the 60sF with outside ambient temps in the upper 30sF to low 40sF.

Frest CO2 bucket yesterday.

Panama Day 77 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower.

Panama Day 77 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower.

Panama Day 77 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower.

Panama Day 77 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower.

Panama Day 77 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower. Green pheno tied over to get more distance from light. One fat cola

Panama Day 77 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower.

Panama Day 77 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 77 flower. Easiest red pheno to get a photo.

Panama
Day 77 since flip

The flowers are still building.
Many stalks at their widest point are bigger around than my forearm and some are wider than my biceps.
They are frosting more too.
Not a lot of smell in the room at the moment and the colors aren't changing much.
Since only one light is in use now and the other room is completely powered down, the temps are getting lower during lights off, but are still staying in the 60sF with outside ambient temps in the upper 30sF to low 40sF.

Frest CO2 bucket yesterday.

<snip>

Whoa, Dude! I've been following your Panama grow for the past month after putting mine in flower at the end of Sept just to get a preview of what I should expect from these genetics, but just noticed in your photo that we have the same light as well!

I won a 600-R in a drawing a few weeks ago and put it over my Panama just before flower. Gotta say, after going to the 600-R from a DIY 400W strip light, am experiencing "give-away remorse." I grow in a scrog and this light is NOT made for a 2' x 4' canopy or 8' ceilings. My girl stretched about 400% under this thing -- I assume due to the added 660nm wavelength -- but despite best efforts, grew like a xmas tree, rather than a level canopy. If I had 12' ceiling I could raise it up and crank up the wattage and it wouldn't be a problem, but at 8' the light is <1 foot from the tops, which is way too close.

If I'd checked your grow earlier and seen the stretch, I'd have trimmed back my branches significantly before flowering so I could control the tops stretching, but still would have lost the outside of my canopy due to overgrowth of the center. If you want another 600-R at 1/2 price, or have suggestions re: how to use this for a scrog, let me know. Crap, what a waste.

Whoa, Dude! I've been following your Panama grow for the past month after putting mine in flower at the end of Sept just to get a preview of what I should expect from these genetics, but just noticed in your photo that we have the same light as well!

I won a 600-R in a drawing a few weeks ago and put it over my Panama just before flower. Gotta say, after going to the 600-R from a DIY 400W strip light, am experiencing "give-away remorse." I grow in a scrog and this light is NOT made for a 2' x 4' canopy or 8' ceilings. My girl stretched about 400% under this thing -- I assume due to the added 660nm wavelength -- but despite best efforts, grew like a xmas tree, rather than a level canopy. If I had 12' ceiling I could raise it up and crank up the wattage and it wouldn't be a problem, but at 8' the light is <1 foot from the tops, which is way too close.

If I'd checked your grow earlier and seen the stretch, I'd have trimmed back my branches significantly before flowering so I could control the tops stretching, but still would have lost the outside of my canopy due to overgrowth of the center. If you want another 600-R at 1/2 price, or have suggestions re: how to use this for a scrog, let me know. Crap, what a waste.
I don't know what to say. I am running this at 475w out of 600w.

I have two rooms, both running 600r lights and have now finished 3 strains. Before this year's season I used HIDs, HPS for flower, MH for veg. So, I don't have years of experience with LEDs.

I did hook up a wattmeter and found the dimmer positions didn't reflect the actual output. Halfway on the dimmer was around 500w and the last 30% of dimmer rotation didn't change anything, so the light maxed out at around 60% rotation.

The light schedule was flipped 20 days from sprout. I continued to tie down stalks for a few weeks after flipping.
Most of the stalks laid down after getting heavy and continued to fatten and continue to do so. Some next to the front were supported by pipe cleaners and continue to stand.

The Vanilla Kush and Headroom Incident both foxtailed and google said "too much or too close indoor light," so I will try lowering the lights power during the last couple of weeks.

I am happy with the lights but don't need 3. :rolleyes:

I don't know what to say. I am running this at 475w out of 600w.

I have two rooms, both running 600r lights and have now finished 3 strains. Before this year's season I used HIDs, HPS for flower, MH for veg. So, I don't have years of experience with LEDs.

I did hook up a wattmeter and found the dimmer positions didn't reflect the actual output. Halfway on the dimmer was around 500w and the last 30% of dimmer rotation didn't change anything, so the light maxed out at around 60% rotation.

The light schedule was flipped 20 days from sprout. I continued to tie down stalks for a few weeks after flipping.
Most of the stalks laid down after getting heavy and continued to fatten and continue to do so. Some next to the front were supported by pipe cleaners and continue to stand.

The Vanilla Kush and Headroom Incident both foxtailed and google said "too much or too close indoor light," so I will try lowering the lights power during the last couple of weeks.

I am happy with the lights but don't need 3. :rolleyes:

Yeah, mine has the same unused band in the dimmer. Still nice that the dimmer is built in. I have mine turned down to ~350W due to my tops being so close to the light.

Different grow styles account for difference in overall happiness with the 600-R. A light that doesn't have a consistant coverage just isn't made for scrogging. Didn't think the difference in footprint would make that much difference, but lesson learned.

Panama
Day 79 since flip.

I do believe they slowly changing to ripening as opposed to bud growth. The pistils are browning and the trichomes are getting more pronounced.

Panama Day 79 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama Day 79 flower (8).JPG

Panama, Day 79 flower

Panama
Day 81 since flip.

Reservoir change yesterday. Still working my way to "Late Bloom". A little less N and a little more bloom nutes. PHed to 5.5-6.0, 35ml Koolbloom, and 60ml CalMag+

With the other room powered down and closed, the Panama room is not dropping below 69F during lights out. Must be the de-humidifier keeping things warm.

The pistils are continuing to turn and the trichomes are increasing.

Panama Day 81 flower (8).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama Day 81 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 81 of flower

Panama
Day 83 since flip.

Replacing CO2 bucket today. It will be the last time.

I believe they are starting to finish. I have no idea how long it will take to fully ripen. I'm hoping they don't go past 100 days.

When the plants are disturbed in any way, the smell of pine/cedar is detected. When just smelling of a bud, I am mostly smelling lime. When I walk within fifty feet of the garden, I smell weed. :oops:

Panama Day 83 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 83 flower.

Panama Day 83 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 83 flower.

Panama Day 83 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 83 flower. The one on the far right is a red pheno, the rest to the left are green pheno.

Panama Day 83 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 83 flower. Using a flash, green phenos.

Panama Day 83 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 83 flower. Tied over green pheno.

Panama Day 83 flower (5).JPG

Panama Day 83 flower (7).JPG

Panama
Day 86 since flip.

Reservoir is still being topped up on morning and afternoon checks and PH is checked and adjusted if necessary.
The de-humidifier tank is not filling up between checks any longer. One grow going instead of two.

I was going to run one more "Late Bloom" reservoir but decided to go "Ripen" reservoir instead. That means no green nutes (N), less micro nutes which also has N, and max amount of bloom nutes.
I will just top off this reservoir until I am ready to go straight water. Two more weeks from today will be 100 days since flip and I am pretty sure they will be ready. They are ripening now.

Panama Day 86 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (8).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama Day 86 flower (9).JPG

Panama, Day 86 flower.

Panama
Day 88 since flip

Topped up res. and adjusted PH down slightly.

Changed reservoir yesterday as mentioned in previous post with GH recommended amounts of three part liquid nutes for 18 gallons in "Ripen." No KoolBloom or CalMag+ added.

Getting close to finish. Next post will be outside pictures of stalk cut for inspection.

Panama Day 88 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower. Flash used to get more of dark side of stalks.

Panama Day 88 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (9).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower. Green pheno, probably the biggest single stalk in the grow.

Panama Day 88 flower (10).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (11).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (8).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (15).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama
Day 88 since flip.

Pictures of individual stalk taken outside on a cloudy day.

Panama Day 88 flower (12).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower. Two old silver half dollars

Panama Day 88 flower (17).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower. Two old silver half dollars

Panama Day 88 flower (13).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (18).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama Day 88 flower (16).JPG

Panama, Day 88 flower.

Panama
Day 90 since flip.

They are still ripening. A few more days and they will go on straight water.

Panama Day 90 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (8).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (10).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama Day 90 flower (11).JPG

Panama, Day 90 flower.

Panama
Day 92 since flip.

Afternoon check, everything running normally.

They are ripening. I have a few colas with every pistil turned. I will switch to straight water soon.

I sampled some that I cut on day 80 something. I am beyond happy that I am getting some taste on exhale that I haven't tasted since the late 70s. I hope they retain at least a variation of that flavor when they are chopped and cured. It is the taste of some of the finest Colombian I got a couple of times many moons ago.

Panama Day 92 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower