Spitz Tries Ace's Panama & Malawi

Too bad about the Panama...but...still sounds like a sufficient harvest for you...I don't think I would like a screen either...too restricting...I like to be able to move plants outside for some sunshine and haircuts...just wondering,as to your amount of time with your plants... do you work out of town?...our trim was/is quite smokable...but we have ample amounts of Bud...I've been considering mixing it with some surplus bud and making a whack of butter or coconut oil for edibles and gifting...theres a thought for you...Congrats on the harvest...looking forward to some pics...I'll hit you up in the spring when I get going again,if you want to pop in now and again would be kewl...like the moral support and advice...Cheerz...h00k...

First part of a 2 part update. First up is the box-o-buds. Malawi is on the right side. It's 5 rows deep and going to be a good haul. Panama on the left and popcorn in the pan. It should be enough to get a feel for the strain. I sure hope momma doesn't love it!

image18896.jpeg

A couple bud shots. I really didn't do much trimming. I mostly just rubbed them to break away the dried leafs.

image18898.jpeg

image18897.jpeg

image18899.jpeg

Here is the Panama taken a few weeks ago. A bit over dried, but it does the job. Momma tried some today. Very speedy out of the gate. It calmed down to a relaxing "high" after about 20 min. Not much of a taste report though. I fear I may have really botched a terrific plant in this one. It smelled fantastic while growing (and trimming). Just like strong lemons and mint. Not too much on the he initial test. Maybe a better/slower dry and bit of cure will help with the remaining flowers. Here are the previously cut ones...

image18900.jpeg

image18901.jpeg

A few shots of some harvested today. Again, I hand picked some popcorn 2 or 3 bundles from the top. They went into the box. Everything above hit the garbage and below went to the paper bags.

image18902.jpeg

image18903.jpeg

The Malawi looks delicious! :thumb: Sorry your Panama didnt pan out. :( I have to admit after reading this Im pulling mine out for a close look. She'll be 10 weeks in flower this weekend. She's still throwing out new pistles though...

20161121_175637.jpg

:peacetwo:

If you had a BUNCH of trim, what do you recommend?

Make hash! You don't need any special equipment for it. You need ice cubes, some buckets, and a drill with a paint mixer attachment is handy but a regular stick will do fine too. All the trim and any of the Panama you didn't save for bud can be used. All the leaf too if you want but I normally only use trim and buds. Check the first page of two of my journal for how to make bubble hash with no bubble bags. I'll link to the specific post in a minute here when I dig it up.

Edit- I removed the link cause it wasn't working properly (forum tech issues). It's on the second page of my current journal. Post #22

When I used this method a lot back in the 90s I usually left it overnight to settle - but I'm thinking a prime amount of time for settling the hash out is about 3 hours. Siphon off the water- paper towels can blog up most of the rest and/or leave it to evaporate. It's the same as bubble hash though with slightly more plant dust and impurities- not much difference in quality though.

The Malawi is going to be primo. It's a pain to trim when the sugar leaf dies back like that- but in some ways a good sign of ripeness. Too bad about the Panama I know you we're excited about that one.

I'll try that.. I'll read the post and give it a crack. Do you think a decanter would work better than a siphon hose? How long does it take to settle out? I should prolly read first lol

Thanks weasel.. I've got 5G buckets. I'll buy a new mixing bit. Mine is covered in concrete from 1985-present. It's a simple separation, just wondering what the best way to do it is.

Do you need to dry the trim? Freeze the trim?

Thanks.. Will let you know when I try and how it turns out.

I edited in- about three hours is a good settling time for primo hash. You can always siphon the water into another bucket and let that settle longer to see if more comes out I would definitely siphon rather than decant. Hardware stores usually have nice clear 1/4- 3/8 siphon hose.
Yes freeze the material first. I usually crumble up the large buds somewhat. I use a paint mixer attachment which was like $1.50 or something and clamp my drill in place to a wooden upright, with a little tape on the throttle so it will do its thing and I don't have to hang around and listen to it.
Some people will say to agitate/mix for only 5 minutes for best quality. 15-20 minutes is more standard and I often go longer. It's fully adaptable how you want to do it though. If you want to mix a batch for 5 minutes - then strain out the material and use it to do another mix for 20 minutes and see the difference- whatever. The options are open.
Look up basic bubble hash making. It's the same thing, minus the screens. Works almost as well and is in some ways easier.

Well.. it's all dried. Over dried at that. I don't know if the quality will be there or not. 1.5 gallons of Malawi and a quart of Panama. I might weigh a quarts worth when I move it out of the Gallon jug. It smells fantastic, I should have some feedback soon.

The cake pan is all Panama. I ran out of jars when pulling from stems and forgot about the pan in the box. Just more butter material I guess. Its all good. Thanks for following, the comments, support, and great ideas. I plopped a couple of autos in coco and a couple in soil. I guess I just missed having plants and it feels creepy growing tomatoes inside.

Anyway.. one last shot: Malawi on the left/Panama on the right
IMG_189229.JPG

The remaining flowers in jars. The shake has been placed in a paper bag for later.

IMG_189423.JPG

Peace people!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Just had a read of your Journal good job. I could not pass by without mentioning this Bud shot

image18701.jpeg

Holy Smokes pun intended , nicest Bud ever Spitz , its the thickest in crystal I have seen !

A winner for the Nug of the Month contest ! if you have dry nug photos they would surely be strong competitors !

Thanks gents! Maybe I'll grab a couple dry ones, manicure them with the dremmel, pull out the good camera, and enter one?

Ah hell... not my style. I will take a few more cured nugget shots though. Still haven't had anyone try it yet. The ginger snap cookies were the big winners over the holidaze. Peace peeps!

Thanks gents! Maybe I'll grab a couple dry ones, manicure them with the dremmel, pull out the good camera, and enter one?

Ah hell... not my style. I will take a few more cured nugget shots though. Still haven't had anyone try it yet. The ginger snap cookies were the big winners over the holidaze. Peace peeps!

Great pics from a great harvest. Super strains to grow, great job on working those massive Colas. Two:thumb:Spitz :bravo: let's us know when the next adventure begins... Til then,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

I plopped a couple of autos in coco and a couple in soil. I guess I just missed having plants and it feels creepy growing tomatoes inside.

Can't stop, won't stop, lol. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom