Spitz Tries Purple Haze - Maui Waui - Panama & Wild Thai Under XML 650

The first herb I smoked was Thai, back when it was a common street weed in BC. The Thai smell is imprinted on my mind from then as being 'what herb smells like'. Memories of wandering around with roaches in my pockets. A bit like a Christmas tree - a piney spicy smell. Unlike a lot of strains the smell seems to stay pretty much the same when it's dried.

Maui is dry and going to be moved to final jars later tonight. I'll grab weights and pictures then. She fills a gallon and quart jar. She's not very dense at all though. I doubt she'll weigh a bunch. We'll find out later!

The Wild Thai is done. We're just waiting for the right time to cut her down!

image9880.jpeg
image9881.jpeg
image9882.jpeg

She smells nice! Both GDPs are girls and both her clones have rooted. She's healthy and looking good.

image9878.jpeg
image9879.jpeg

I tried to grab a Northern Lights photo but I grabbed some sort of video instead. I'll post a pic of her or two this weekend. She looks pretty rough (although incredibly sticky). Back later tonight with a Maui harvest recap and maybe a smoke report. Peace!

Excellent work Spitz. Great color and leaf mass.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Looking forward to the pics and weight! I love the blueish purple look, awesome!

When the missus gives a smoke report, tell her we want at least two sentences, and "oh, this is good" doesn't count lol!

The Maui Waui has been weighed and jarred. I'll start with an attempt at a smoke report... A 100mm paper was rolled with the shake on the bottom of the tin. Sat out on the deck and slowly finished about 1/3 of it. It's kind of funny how different one consumes when quantity is no longer an issue.

Anyway.. First comment was it had a "fresh cut" underlying taste to it. Not harsh, but newly harvested. I expect that will go away in a few weeks. "Fruity"... Like juiceyfruit kind of fruity. Very refreshing, very mild, and vey smooth. She described it as a lighter smoke. As for the effect, it's an uplifting and refreshing smoke. "It's an upper without being heady. A kind of uppity chill". Definitely an appetite stimulant as her exact quote was "damn I'm hungry". A handful of mixed nuts and she's folding laundry while listening to Ed Sheeren kind of sums it all up.

She weighed in at 6+ oz. I put 1oz in 6 different quart jars. The rest was mostly "shake" and went into a pint sized jar (without weighing). It's very "brittle" but I don't think it's too dry??? I'm a bit confused. Anyway, here's a shot of the harvest:

image9943.jpeg

image9944.jpeg

image9945.jpeg

While I was up there, I grabbed a shot of the Northern Lights. I think the nugget picture is beautiful. I took a shot of the whole plant to show she really isn't that pretty! Lol

image9942.jpeg
image9941.jpeg

Lovey flowers, NL is a stunner. Great job

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I could have sworn I posted on your journal two days ago, but I guess not. Anyway....

That NL is wonderful.
A+ on the smoke report.
So, she was singing and moving around the house, huh? If I remember correctly, previous harvest smoke was chill and take a bath, right? Looks like you have a nice variety of bud at the house now!

Looking good Spitz!!...wish spring would show up here..getting the gardening itch big time!...lolool...prolly another month before I even germinate...so I'll have to be content catchin' up with everyone's grows till then...Cheerz!...h00k...

Spitz, I went online and got a bunch of little hygrometer/thermometers. I already had a few, just not enough for all the jars I've been accumulating. Due to some computer and stoner error I guess I double ordered or something. Ended up getting about a dozen of the things. Anyway- I put those things in the jars- and aim to get the RH around 58-60ish. Really takes the guesswork out. Probably you know this already...

Hey Spitz, Glad to hear the good report on the Wild Thai..Aromatic eh?.I have 6 little ones sitting in the windowsill, Just waiting to go..I am going to build a large hoop tent greenhouse as they will be done on November......ouch !...haha But i am committed.I have always wanted to heat something with composted cow dung-hot water method and here it is...So here's to season 2016.....God help us all....Red

An update on a garden...

The end of growing season is coming to a close with summer coming. The GDPs are probably 6 weeks out or so. They are extremely happy and look terrific. I am a bit disappointed in the lack of flower production. I don't know her yet and hope she is a late bloomer! Here is a shot of one. The other is practically a mirror image...

image10368.jpeg

The clone of the Maui is coming along. She looks a lot like her mother. Imagine that??? Anyway, she looks a long way out. If she acts the same way as mom, she's about to start ripening quickly.

image10369.jpeg

Northern Lights is beautiful. She smells terrific. A bit like grape bubblegum. She's shown some deficiencies early on. Still, she's my favorite plant to date. Sure wish I could try her...

image10365.jpeg
image10366.jpeg
image10367.jpeg

I'll have a harvest update on the Wild Thai later!

Edit...
The Maui was grown in soil. Put her in Roots Organic and no fertilizer. Her mother was grown in coco and I wanted some experience with n the hydro/soil produce differences. We shall see what momma thinks..

i bought a few hygrometers a while back for about $5 each. I didn't expect them to be as accurate as they seem to be. For the following examples, I used the same hygrometer for consistency.

The Wild Thai has been weighed and jarred. She came in at 3.84 Oz. You can see here right before weighing in as she sits in a 1 Gallon glass jar. She lost her lemon smell. She smells a bit like northern marsh. A fresh Tree root/marshy odor. It's quite pleasant. She's is sticky as hell but The buds won't photograph real well. She had an odd shape to her flowers which made her odd shaped buds far too tough for my lazy trimming skills.

image10370.jpeg

I went back and opened up the Maui jars. I put Boveda 62s in 3 of the 6 qt jars. I think I need to put some packs in the other 3. I highly recommend Boveda for those that tend to over dry. I'm not sure I would trust them in reducing RH.

image10371.jpeg
image10372.jpeg

Hopefully a Wild Thai smoke report in a day or 2. Peace!

I could have sworn I posted on your journal two days ago, but I guess not. Anyway....

That NL is wonderful.
A+ on the smoke report.
So, she was singing and moving around the house, huh? If I remember correctly, previous harvest smoke was chill and take a bath, right? Looks like you have a nice variety of bud at the house now!

Just gave this some thought... I color code the jars (green-indica, pink-sativa, orange-hybrid) with a sticker on the top. She grabs whatever jar that she's in the mood for. I suspect there is a high vs stoned component to this for sure, but I suspect her current temperament plays a much higher significance in the actual outcome (or perception of effect). Anyway.. "It's all good"

We have a bearded dragon (note profile pic) and when you buy the "starter kit", it comes with a hygrometer. I tossed it because half the stuff you get in the kit is not ideal for a dragon. But they sell those things in pet stores, I may want to grab one just to see if it works for me. We recently were at Emerald Isle and passed nearly a half dozen cigar shops, but the thought of RH packs never crossed my mind. I have no idea what I would look for in a cigar shop that would compare to those Boveda packs, I know people love them.
I'm really just kind of rambling right now, I'm liking my tincture, though it takes quite a bit to get a recreational high.
I'm loving the look of the gdp leaves, slim, uniform and a sexy green. I'm looking forward to seeing what results from a coco mix vs roots soil.
Updated my journal with pics of Nebby, enjoy sir!

They sell the Bovida packs at all cigar shops. I wouldn't get the 65 RH ones. I'd stick with 62 RH. One observation.. There is a huge difference in feel between flowers at 62 and flowers at 52RH. I can't speak from experience in the difference in cure after 8 weeks between the two. I'm going to leave a couple at 52 for a personal observation. The significant other isn't a snobbish consumer though. I doubt she'll even notice. Lol.

I read a bit about your tincture. I'm still trying to get the feel for decarboxylatiin. If you miss it in the oven, you completely miss decarb with a tincture as it never gets heated again to any sort of activation temperature. I've been playing with my MB2 machine. I had really good luck making butter with a crockpot in the past. I've made a couple butter runs in the MB2 that were "good" but not great. I think it all comes down to my decarb process. i decarb at 240 for 35 minutes in half full mason jars. I use mason jars, although a med and rec legal state, because I don't want my house smelling like baked cannabis. I love the smell of it burning and growing, but, baking it at 240 gives off an unpleasant odor to me. I've been fortunate to have plenty of flowers to experiment on trying to figure this out. I think when/if I start making cco, it's going to be the rice cooker decarb for me. We'll see... Battled, and won, through one round of cancer. I want to be ready if it ever comes back again. It definitely changes your perception on life...

Gonna go look at Nebby now! Peace!

Well.. The two thread girls have been harvested, weighed, and sampled. As for it sits now, there are a CBD plant, two GDPs, and a Northern lights, and a Maui in soil. The Northern lights will come down this weekend and the Maui shortly after. I may add a comparison between the coco and soil Maui if there are any specific observations. That being said, I'm going to shut this journal down. Thanks for company, advice, and overall good vibes... Looking forward to folding up the tent for the summer. Thanks again and Peace!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom