Maui Wau - Mekong High

Mekong High (I fed it and the 3 Maui Waui seedlings yesterday; 1/2 week too soon, but they looked like they could use it):

0061761.JPG

One of the 3 Maui Wauis has wide leaves (left one):

0071641.JPG

Notes: All 4 of these will be getting transplanted into 2 gallon plastic pots tomorrow (SSM#4 Advanced) and then switched to 11.5/12.5 and a 400 watt HPS the next day to start flowering. I'll get pics up afterwards, but they look decent so far (health and size).

Whew I'm gettin' headrushes from this Ak47 blunt..... :trance:

Note: Everything I mentioned in post #24 is done, but I decided to start flowering (11.5/12.5) today instead of tomorrow. Here they are. The Mekong High looks like a tall Indica:

0012438.JPG

So does one of the Maui Wauis:

0022382.JPG

The other two Maui Wauis were rootbound. It was hard to get them out of the pots:

0032281.JPG
0042141.JPG

They look healthy so far. :)

You're welcome Here's a pic of all of them (with a few clones in with them too):

0012441.JPG

I'm going to top the Mekong High (tallest plant; left front) about 3-4 nodes down to even the canopy soon. Here are the 2 similar Maui Waui plants (they all need fed):

0022385.JPG
0032286.JPG

This is the less branchy Maui Waui plant:

0042144.JPG

And here's the Mekong High, starting those thin leaves and getting more branchy also:

0061789.JPG

So far things are going okay.

Notes: I decided to go with a dose of Iguana Juice grow formula (along with Sensi-Cal grow) for the feeding instead of starting the bloom feedings; they look a little pale and aren't far along yet.
I also decided to top the Mekong High plant just above the 5th node down from the top. It's about the same heighth as the rest of the grow now. Post more pics soon.

Overwatered them, but I think they'll be okay. The topped Super Critical Haze is in the back left corner (it's hard to see the whole thing). The 2 Sativa dominant Maui Wauis are right front and middle, and the Indica looking one is in front of the SCH:

0022386.JPG

I'll rearrange that a little better; I just wanted to remove some shade leaves and lower branches on them today while I had a little time.

Note: I made a mistake above (due to a switch I did). I used the wrong name (Super Critical Haze) for the Mekong High plant, which I put under my 600 watt HPS (in with my SCH because of the similar plant structure). Those branchy and thin plants don't do well under a 400 watt HPS. So two of my current grows are mixed with each other. Gotta be more careful.
The 3 Maui Wauis are still under the 400 watt HPS along with 4 clones in various stages of flower. I fed ALL 4 them yesterday (GO's week 5).

My wife loves Maui! I just ordered 5 fems from Nirvana. They use the same picture as Sativa seeds on their info display so I assume I'll have very similar genetics. I grew a couple non fems in the past and she LOVES them. Don't let the "not overpowering" worry you too much. She eats, drinks, and puffs with the best of them and she's not the least bit disappointed in its punch. I've got 2 Grinspoons and Raspberry cough growing right now for her. "Start the Maui yet" I get every morning. Get ready for the smell of "Juicy Fruit Gum". Mind if I tag along? Plants look great!

My wife loves Maui! I just ordered 5 fems from Nirvana. They use the same picture as Sativa seeds on their info display so I assume I'll have very similar genetics. I grew a couple non fems in the past and she LOVES them. Don't let the "not overpowering" worry you too much. She eats, drinks, and puffs with the best of them and she's not the least bit disappointed in its punch. I've got 2 Grinspoons and Raspberry cough growing right now for her. "Start the Maui yet" I get every morning. Get ready for the smell of "Juicy Fruit Gum". Mind if I tag along? Plants look great!

Not at all; welcome and you're gonna love the Raspberry Cough it yields good and it's pretty easy to grow. The smoke is straight to the head after about 2-3 weeks of cure. :)

A lot of variation in these phenotypes. Here's one of the Maui Wauis (a lot of Sativa in it):

0012449.JPG

Here's another one of the Maui Wauis with a lot of Sativa, but different looking:

0022392.JPG

This last Maui Waui of the three looks almost totally Indica:

0032292.JPG

I'll try to get a pic of the Mekong High up tonight.

Damn another mistake this one could come back to bite me too! :(
Because the plants looked in need I fed the 3 Maui Wauis again, not looking at this thread prior to doing it. It's the only place I keep feeding records and I was wondering, so I looked and it was this grow not the other one I fed two days ago. I think they'll take it; they look big enough. Hope I didn't eff 'em up.
I need to keep me a recordbook on this. A few people have told me that.

The Maui in the 2nd picture down looks like she's just a smidge off. It looks almost like she's hungry for some nitrogen. That being said, Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient and any N deficiency usually manifests from the bottom up. Tough to tell from the pics but the bottom half looks "lush".

Ha.. All this coming from someone who has to rake the tent 3 weeks into flower on damn near every plant I grow! It's why I don't defoliate. Every one of those leafs acts as a filter to buffer against all my mistakes! Lol.. They should be fine. Just keep an eye on them and don't do anything too crazy.

Back
Top Bottom