Charlotte's Web - Organically Grown

The more that you all say the more I'm convinced that I need to look into this. I love my buzzes, but pain relief, clear headedness, and especially a positive mood lift is becoming more necessary as I grow older. I don't think I'm going to regret growing these CBD strains if they work for me. Half of my anxiety comes from the forgetfulness of old age, and when you combine that with the short term memory loss thing from weed it gets frustrating at times.

I'm very interested as well. Mrs. Spimp can have panic attacks and blood pressure issues (i think because she freaks herself out when very high) with high thc strains, she actually fainted on me the other night.
The MJ has really helped her condition and the high CBD low THC strains may be just what she needs to get the relief without the worry of being really really high.
I appreciate your research PotChimp.
:thumb:

I think this Charlotte's Web runs around 10% CBD by the ads. If they work for me, I'll also do that other CBD grow sooner than I planned. I just read the disclaimer from the site I ordered these next seeds from, and they say that their strains are stable enough for breeding (with a jab at everybody else saying that all seeds should be for what the consumer pays for them). I hope that's legit; I'll hit an AC/DC mother (20% CBD) with a Rafael father's pollen (18% CBD) and see what comes of it. :)

a short story while we wait if thats ok with everyone :)

i had a friend that use to be nothing but oil, every day he woke up till he went to bed he was smoking oil for hours a day. the oil he was smoking was strictly thc very little cbd if at all. he ended up building such a tolerance that he was taking what he refereed to as (globs or darth mauls) he was taking in so much thc and no cbd at all it was scaring everyone around him including me. one day he took it to far and gave him self a panic attack, he said it was the worst thing he experienced, i dont recall the full details but i recall how scared and terrified his girlfriend looked telling me.

That is a short story about in my opinion how important cbd is, it is the counter for anxiety which thc creates. when you concentrate so much thc with no cbds and take it at such a high level you will create effects that no one enjoys. CBD are a must in my opinion, i always recommend my fiance and fellow smokers if they can to mix some cbd in with their favorite high thc strain and experience the difference.

I&i

i have always prefered strains with at least some measurable cbd,cbn,etc. and not really fond of the really high thc strains because i tend to get anxiety and paranoia, it will make me opt out of smoking even though i could use it at the time,but its not worth it if i want to hide under the bed! lol but im very much convinced that i will be a big fan and use more than ever o the high cbd strains, i do enjoy a high at night but during the day when i need to function and be clear headed i avoid medicating, ironically thats when i really need the pain killing and added mobility , so im very excited to get this cannatonic flowering, i will defo be breeding it and making fem seeds and looking or more high cbd strains, so many ppl i know want the same things i do, so growing them is a no brainer for me:rocker:

Here is a chart of cannabinoids and their uses

Ailments_and_Corresponding_Cannabinoids.jpg

well lets keep in mind that this is only 11 of the 80(now?) or so cannabinoids that are found inside the plant.. with that said

these 11 all make each other work properly and they have discovered that with drugs like (marinol?) not sure if spelling that properly. Several doctors and scientists have discovered that their drug marinol does not work nearly as effective if at all like the natural cannabis plant does. not taking any stabs at peoples knowledge i just really dont like seing thc be talked down. it is needed just as well as the rest, any patient on chemo will argue this as well. my fiance using cbds for her migraines and me using thc for instant relief of back pain from years of hod carrying in masonry as well as helping me get tired instantly and helping me eat since no matter what i do im 24 and cant gain more then 125lbs my entire life. no matter what my diet is. so thc is needed just as well as cbd or CBE, CBF, CBL or any of the many others out there. that is why this plant will never be able to be synthetically made in my life time (i sure hope anyways)

I&i

Once the doors open I'm hoping that synthesis won't be necessary. The real cannabinoids can be cheaply produced and the biproducts uses are plentiful. Intense research on what each cannabinoid does and how they interact with each other will lead to the isolation of each cannabinoid in order to use them in precisely measured amounts (mg) to use for medical treatments. Each medical condition and each person's own body chemistry will be diagnosed, and this data will be used to determine a precise combination of the 80+ cannabinoids that are needed for the treatment of this individual. My worry is that the pharmaceutical industry will find a cheaper chemical means to separate the cannabinoids.

I hope the seeds I ordered are a legit deal. I hope they come soon, too. It's looking pretty hectic in the area of the world leading marijuana research these days. Might not be able to get what's coming out of there much longer. I'll keep everybody posted as to what happens.

:peace:

As Spock always says,"Fascinating!" I have to look deeper into getting a higher CBD% in the next go-round, I really think my better-half would benefit tremendously from that little chemical and its effects. Thanks again KJC for the great chart. Thanks Chimp for the thread it's terribly interesting and I've learned a lot. Sorry to be so late to the party.

You're welcome, Chinnubie. It's not too late for this thread, really. As a matter of fact, they're starting to fill out nicely. One plant doesn't look the best, but the rest seem okay. I'll get pics up tonight if I can. The last 2 waterings have been nothing but RO water; they don't seem to be lacking nutes yet. I've defoliated most of the shade leaves on all the plants due to tight plant spacing. There are so many small flowers underneath and they get no light. I may still cull the bad plant to increase light to the other ones. Today is 3 weeks and 6 days of 12/12.

Once the doors open I'm hoping that synthesis won't be necessary. The real cannabinoids can be cheaply produced and the biproducts uses are plentiful. Intense research on what each cannabinoid does and how they interact with each other will lead to the isolation of each cannabinoid in order to use them in precisely measured amounts (mg) to use for medical treatments. Each medical condition and each person's own body chemistry will be diagnosed, and this data will be used to determine a precise combination of the 80+ cannabinoids that are needed for the treatment of this individual. My worry is that the pharmaceutical industry will find a cheaper chemical means to separate the cannabinoids.

marinol exists already. however as they have shown all the compounds in the plant work together.

example

when making cannabis oil it is best to use the entire plant (stem, fan leafs, buds, trim, everything) so you get all the compounds of the plant to get your true medicine. singling out any one compound over the years has shown is a terrible thing to do. immunitys will build and all the cbds in the cannabis plant help each other. there is no reason to single out any specific cannabinoid as science and history has shown that the true medicine comes within all 421 compounds inside the plant its self. sorry if anyone takes offence to this but i stand my ground when it comes to twerking a cannabis plant and charging a arm and or kidney over it when anyone can get info from someone with science research behind it can find out what strain will be best for their illness and can grow their own or can seek out some that has been grown and lab tested to have all of the cannabinoids that they desire. i do agree that there should be mass research on the plant to tell exactly what patient needs what cannabinoids for whatever illness and be able to have lab tested results to give them their exact medicine, but there is no reason to have a lab coat cut 10-100 of the 421 compounds out of the plant to make a medicine that you can grow and the other 321 compounds have no negative effect on you. if you dont like thc then find a strain with your desired cbd and thc that has been grown down.

when harvard scientists agree that they should not be messing with the compounds its a red flag that we should all take into consideration what happens when a body is over loaded with one (nutrient or compound) the body will reject it.
I&i

I'm not saying that most of us are going to like it, but if corporate America gets a hold of things we all know that's what direction they'll be going in whether it's the healthiest for us or not. More than likely the oh-pee-um poppy is the same way (having different compounds that are helpful to us in a natural form), but the drug companies have redefined that molecular arrangement to no end, thinking that the removal of natural impurities is best for us, I imagine. I wish they'd focus on keeping things natural, but they don't seem to have a solid past of it. CEOs, investors, and $$$$$ are going to dictate the direction all this goes in I'm afraid. So get ready for Cannabidiodol Hydrochloride commercials and call your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms: An increase in social cynicism or a lightening of your wallet courtesy of Libb-EE farmasooticulls :)

Notes: I purchased a 250 cfm 6" inline fan, got a 6" to 4" reducer, and taped an oh-durr sokk filter on the 4" end of the reducer. I've got this running inside of the unit now to circulate air and hopefully reduce temperature and humidity (I'll take a pic the next time take them of the plants). I am also going to do a sulfer burn in the next couple of days to try to prevent grey mold and bud rot.

Back
Top Bottom