Charlotte's Web - Organically Grown

To get into the nutrient program I'll be using a bit, this is the soil amendment product I'll be using @ 1 lb./gallon pot size. I may go to a 1 gallon pot just before sexing (depending on size), but right after I cull the males, the females will be getting transplanted into 3 gallon pots. I'll be mixing 2 lbs. of this with Roots Organics soil per pot:

0011805.JPG

It's got good stuff:

0021799.JPG

And it's in an easy to mix with soil form (powdered, granular, and probably micronized):

0031724.JPG

I'll be using this myco mix just before the transplant into the 1 gallon pots, and every 3-4 weeks afterwards:

0041623.JPG

It's got some good stuff too :)

0051540.JPG

Since these are Sativas and probably don't feed voraciously I might not even need to do this, but I'm going to add this 3 part program. I'll be giving it a dose of the 3-3-3 and micronutrients in about 2 weeks and continue as needed until flowering. I'll switch to the 0-5-5 and micronutrients at that point:

0061361.JPG

Grow:

0071286.JPG

Bloom:

0081172.JPG

Micronutrients:

0091050.JPG

And there we have my all organic lineup. Hopefully it will work out.

:peace:

Hi PotChimp.

Thanks for posting a grow journal with this strain. My wife and I are on a quest to locate a strain which will cure her migraines while still leaving her functional during the day. I was in CO in Jan, and searched high and low for Charlotte's Web to no avail. There were only a handful of shops selling to tourists and they only had the heavy strains; let alone seeds or cuttings.

Right now I'm working on Cannatonic and Barney's Cherry Berry. Yesterday I put Barney's Tangerine Dream into dirt too. We would like to get a cutting of Harlequin or Charlotte's web, because the only other high CBD strain in this area is Sour Tsunami #3 but the originator of that strain will not let cuttings out.

Well, I'm subbed. Looking forward to seeing how this grows and functions for you.

Cheers!
/BA

Hey welcome, BakedAlaskan. I sent you a PM; hope you got it.
Note again: The idea of waiting to go to the 3 gallon pot with these isn't going to work. I transplanted 6 of the 10 plants into 2 gallon grow bags folded over at the top (a bit more than a gallon of Roots Organics soil went into each bag). I ran out of soil so I didn't get to finish. I'll post pics as soon as I do the last 4 transplants. I didn't expect the growth to be much, being under a 200 watt CFL and it wasn't. But they did well enough to grow slightly rootbound already. I am going to put them into flower around 10" tall and as soon as they show sex I'll do the transplant to the 3 gallon pot with the granular nutes and more mycos. I need to start out in 1 gallon pots from now on. Post again soon.....

Charlotte's Web - Week 3, day 6:

0011827.JPG

Upper right plant - Almost everything looked somewhat like this plant. Being grouped close together and a damp Spring in my area caused the lower leaves to stay wet during the light cycle. CFLs grow plants short and they get clustered; that didn't help.

Middle row, far right - The crinkled leaf on that plant looks like all the leaves I cut off the other plants.

Plant to the left of it - The rootball crumbled (soil not packed into the pot). A few of them did this, but none as bad as this one. It'll live.

I'll post pics as they get better, :peace:

if your looking for a high, this may not be the strain for you. it is high in cbd and very low in thc like harlequin and sour tsunami but much lower if im not mistaken. i am currently searching for this strain so i can start growing her as well. i currently have Harlequin and Sour Tsunami going for my CBD strains. as well as others. just started a journal about them yesterday. they are growing nice and strong

if your looking for a high, this may not be the strain for you. it is high in cbd and very low in thc like harlequin and sour tsunami but much lower if im not mistaken. i am currently searching for this strain so i can start growing her as well. i currently have Harlequin and Sour Tsunami going for my CBD strains. as well as others. just started a journal about them yesterday. they are growing nice and strong

I'm actually curious about the medical qualities of this strain as opposed to the high, but if I get one of the high THC high CBD phenotypes I'll keep it. Good luck with your grow.

Charlotte's Web - 4 weeks and 1 day from germination:

0011831.JPG

I've got a few clones and a reveg to get out of there, and as soon as the side branches on these start establishing themselves a bit I'll switch over to 12/12. This food stinks but they seem to like it; hope I don't overfeed them :)

There's a strong possibilty that I'll start flowering these under a 300 watt red spectrum mogul base CFL soon (1-2 weeks maybe?). My other grow units are backed up for a bit, plus I'd like to get these sexed before I transplant again and put stronger light on them:

0011836.JPG

I fed again this morning (2 oz. of 3-3-3 and 2 oz. of micronutrients per 1 gallon of RO water). Post more pics soon, :peace:

I'm putting these under 12/12 in a few days. My other unstable cross grow resulted in 2 females out of 8 plants (early to tell yet). If in a few days I confirm this, the 2 females are going back into veg, the rest are getting culled, the clone included in that grow is getting relocated, and all 10 of these Charlotte's Web plants are going into that unit. I'll post pics soon.

Foliar feeding with this particular food is 1/4 of the strength you would use when you root drench (normal watering). I got lazy and didn't pull a few plants out of the tent so I could water the pot and just poured the nutrient solution onto the leaves. It's shorter than the others so they dripped onto it too. I've got a lot of leaf damage, but it will be okay:

0011838.JPG
0021826.JPG

Besides that and a little overcrowding, they are okay:

0031757.JPG

One is showing sex at the nodes without going through the 12/12 light change. Every time I see that with a plant it turns out to be a male, so I expect to be tossing that one in a few days. And I also expect the 400 watt HPS these are going under to be open soon.

Great work, thanks for the updates. Not many journals do high CBD/low THC strains. Looking forward to the smoke report when you finish!

I'm going to quit smoking weed about a week after this cures for 2 weeks (to see if I can tell which one is the high CBD phenotype; I figure if I don't get high from it then it must be the right one). I'm also going to order a cannabinoid fingerprint kit for this grow to see what the CBD and delta-9 THC counts are.

Back
Top Bottom