Zamal Reunion

20140815_143402.jpg

This is mine at three weeks into flower. I'm playing with light times also. Currently trying 6/18 for a few days. Just wanna see how she reacts.

Nice to see that kind of frost on a skinny leafed plant :) Good job growing it too.

Zamal Reunion - 1 week of 12/12 and 6 days of 11/13 (plants are 5 weeks and 5 days from seed):

0041734.JPG

If anyone grows this strain, keep it on the lighter side when it comes to watering. This one is doing okay like that:

0081255.JPG

The soil in the other two pots is a bit on the wet side:

0101027.JPG
0091117.JPG

Still nothing at the nodes as far as sex goes:

0051640.JPG
0061446.JPG

I'm going to 10/14 tomorrow; next week I should start seeing something by the time I go to 9/15. I forgot to mention that my Phantom light ballast has a 60%, 75%, and 100% setting. I have it at 60% and I plan on keeping it there until I can determine sex, at which point I will switch it to 75% and when the bud sites are established shortly afterwards I'll put it at 100%. Post more pics soon; it's looking all the part of a Sativa :)

Ya, those are pretty leggy. :straightface:

Did you even consider a lil LST?

Heheh, I have to confess that I was eyeing them and making plans for 'em. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They have that sweet looking nodal space right now, just perfect for a nice disorienting bendover. I'd do the top 6 inches or so, tie it in place and guide the lower few pairs up to the top of the canopy. Presto chango, a nice subdued, multi-top plant. And it'll be less manic about any stretching urges it might have. :slide:

Hell, if she doesn't want to get her bloom on, might as well put some of that energy to good use. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll probably do it tonight :) Okay so far I have one confirmed male, and two bad flashbacks of my Phantom Cookies and DJ Short Blueberry grows (both 3 seed grows that came out 3 males). I guess I should feel lucky; if the other two aren't showing yet they might both be female. I saw the pics of this strain online, and it's gonna be hard to grow it under a light bulb. Gonna be fun, though..... :thumb:

Was gonna be fun. Man, I just culled the first confirmed male and took a magnified view of the remaining two plants. I'm 95% confirming male for both remaining plants at this point. I can't believe this $hit happened to me three times over the years. I really know they're male, I'm just putting it off until the male flower pods separate so I don't have to be bummed about it right now.

I'll be closing this journal out in a day or two (I'll take a few pics) so anybody in the future will at least know what the males look like. I've got 6 more seeds of it, but it's gonna be a while before I try this one again. Sorry everybody that wanted to see what this strain was about. :(

Thanks guys there just aren't the words; I've had quite a few bombed grows as of late :(
These plants all look similar, so if I decide to use this strain for breeding later I can pop the other 6 seeds and go from there. I'm just going to start another grow and try to make up for the lost doobage. At least the seeds were cheap.

The first male Zamal Reunion plant I culled didn't have anywhere near the amount of top cola formation that this second male did:

0021937.JPG

It was more pronounced at the third node than this third male was, however:

0031859.JPG

I'm gonna keep them in the dark for a few days and cut the top off of one. I'll put it in a glass and keep it in the bottom of a veg unit, remembering to take it out and put it in a dark room after 12 hours every day. That way I can get at least some pollen from yet another PotChimp disaster :)
Put this one in the history books guys it's done :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom