Sensi Star Grow

Thanks stealthgrow. They'll look better after the next compost tea that I do. It'll be:

4 gallons RO water
1-1/2 cup worm castings
1-1/2 cup organic compost
3/4 cup processed chicken manure 5-3-2
4 Tbsp. Superswell 0-7-0
4 tsp. kelp meal
4 tsp. unsulfured molasses

I'll add after it's activated:

4 tsp. CaMg+
16 ml. micronutrients

And from now on I'm adding AN humic and fulvic acids to the in between waterings along with the CaMg+ and micros.

I did a watering this morning, adding the CaMg+, micros, and AN's F1 and H2. They were just a bit on the dry side, too dry to wait until the compost tea is ready tomorrow afternoon. It was a light watering, so it wouldn't throw off the feeding; they needed it. I defoliated more also. Post more pics soon.

2.5 weeks into flowering and looking great - Cant wait to see the full stretch!

Note: I fed all 5 plants the above compost/manure aerated tea this morning. I made 4 gallons and used around 1-1/2 on these and the Chem clone I have in there. I didn't add the CaMg+, humic and fulvic acids, or the micros afterwards; I did that yesterday with the light watering. I don't want to add the humic and fulvic acids to the teas anyway; I've read negative reviews on that. The processed chicken manure has enough calcium, and I'm sure that it covers the micros well too. I'll get a pic up later.

hey potchimp,
how are ya today?

have you read up on compost teas at Microbe Organics ?

I promise you its excellent, scientific information in an easy enough to read format. Tim mentions skipping humic acid in compost teas based on microscope research on teas. I think you may find enlightening and enjoy the read.

laterz

hey potchimp,
how are ya today?

have you read up on compost teas at Microbe Organics ?

I promise you its excellent, scientific information in an easy enough to read format. Tim mentions skipping humic acid in compost teas based on microscope research on teas. I think you may find enlightening and enjoy the read.

laterz

I went to save the web page and my computer told me I already did, so I guess that's where I got that info! :idea: Thanks for posting it, though; I always like a good read on this stuff we're doing.

Ahh the joys of an overbred grow :dreamy:

I better just chop this grey mold magnet off, huh?

0012010.JPG

I took the Chem clone out to take this overhead pic:

0021995.JPG

I hope that feeding brings some green back into them. I did some defoliation on this one after the pic; it's the lightest of them:

0031916.JPG

Since I'm not thrilled with the plants in this grow, I might as well use them as defoliation practice :thumb:

Hello PotChimp. I just had some yellowing/light green on the newer, young leaves too. Think it was Fe deficiency, but not positive? My pH had gotten a little high at ~7 on this soil mix so I tried to lower it a bit. Hahaha...pH adjustment is not this organic grower's strongpoint. Used lemon juice, fulvic acid, and some enzymes. The pH didn't go down that much but the problem seems to have abated.

I gave that light green one a mix of AN's H1 and F2 along with CaMg+ and micros this morning. Man I try to put my finger in the pot to check the dryness of the soil on these, and that pot's soil is hard as a rock! I can't get my finger to make a hole in it unless I press too hard. It's light green still; I'll let it dry out and take it to the end but I don't expect it to turn out a good plant (the bottom, different looking plant is that Chemdawg D BX 3 clone):

0081287.JPG

Here you can see the lighter color of the leaves:

0091147.JPG

I'm gonna dump that recycled soil (I should say rotting soil) I've been using outdoors and let mother nature do the composting :)

Hurray for overbreeding! :)

0012015.JPG

By someone smarter than me's advice, I'm switching this grow over to my AN Iguana and supplements that I'll post as I go along. I did a mass defoliation which not only opened up the lower buds on these, but gave me the room to put two more plants in the grow unit. The top row and the bottom right plant are the Sensi Star plants. The bottom from left to right are a GDP clone I just put in, a Chemdawg D BX 3 clone I just put in, and another Chemdawg D BX 3 clone I put in 11 days ago:

0022000.JPG

gotta love those "practice" runs lol - im hoping to avoid that this time around hahaha lmfao

lookin good - They are fighting back lol

I'm gonna give it one last shot with the organics before I give up and switch over. Here's the compost/manure tea I started at 10:00 A.M. today:

2 gallons of RO water
1 Tbsp. of unsulfered molasses
1 cup of Alaskan forest humus
1 cup of organic compost
1 cup of earthworm castings
1 cup of mushroom compost
1 cup of processed chicken manure 5-3-2
1 Tbsp. of kelp meal 1-0-2
4 Tbsp. of Superswell 0-7-0

I'll add 4 tsp. of CaMg+ when it's done activating tomorrow. I may cut it to half strength depending on how the plants look tomorrow. Post more pics soon.

4 weeks of 12/12 today. 2 of the plants are doing about 7-8 healthwise on a scale of 1 to 10 in my opinion, but the other 3 are more like a 4. Here's a group pic with 3 other plants:

0012025.JPG

The upper left plant and the 2 with no flowers on the right are different plants, but you can see how light green 3 of them are. They look like this on the uppers:

0022009.JPG

This one doesn't look too bad:

0051704.JPG

And this other one is decent:

0041806.JPG

I might take one of the 3 unhealthy ones and take it out of the pot to inspect the bottom of the rootball. If the soil is rotten and the roots are avoiding it as I suspect, I'll wash the rootball off with RO water and repot with fresh SSM#4. Post more pics soon.

Note: I tooks all 5 plants and gave them a mild flush (the worse ones in the pic got a moderate flush). I used tap water and bubbled it to get the Chlorine out. I'm hoping that this will flush the anaerobic bacteria, rotting plant material, or both out of the pots. The feeding brought back the green, but these have to be flushed because of the bad soil. What I did was take the waste material from harvests and mix it with dirt. Sealing it in a sterlite box made it rot, not compost. The darkness in the box and the cool temps where I had the box at didn't help either. Here they are after the flush (the upper left plant is not a part of this grow, and the two on the right aren't either):
0012031.JPG

I hope to bring the ones that are worst back out of the burn:

0041812.JPG
0031936.JPG
0022015.JPG

I'm going to stick with the organics stubborn chimp that I am but go to 1/2 strength feedings unless I see deficiencies. I think this flush will help a lot, and I'll post more pics soon to compare to.

Hi PotChimp. Good to hear you're sticking with the organics. Have you considered a couple doses of enzymes? I use it mostly in late veg and transition to do what you write you wish to do. It also helped lower pH a bit in my current indoor grow to eliminate the Fe deficiency I was starting to have. Works well for me. I do this both outdoors and indoors.

Hi PotChimp. Good to hear you're sticking with the organics. Have you considered a couple doses of enzymes? I use it mostly in late veg and transition to do what you write you wish to do. It also helped lower pH a bit in my current indoor grow to eliminate the Fe deficiency I was starting to have. Works well for me. I do this both outdoors and indoors.

I've got HygroZyme; I'll give it a try :) I'm going to do a 1/2 dose of nutes after the soil dries from the mild flush and I'll add it after the compost tea activates, along with the micros and CaMg+. Thanks for the suggestion!

The soil is still wet from the flush; the plants are at a stall. I'll put pics up and info, but I think most of these are not going to harvest well. Two are doing okay, one shows signs of being able to recover, and the other two I'll just do the half dose feedings along with the rest and if they get too bad I'll cull them. Here's a group pic (the ones at the top are the unhealthy ones; again the top left side plant and both right side plants are not a part of this grow):

0081300.JPG

Back
Top Bottom