Skunk #1 Auto

What strain is it? Sensi Seeds - Skunk #1 Auto (5 regular seeds).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 6" at first, then I'll transplant to 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 96 watt Fluorescent T5 fixture (4 two-foot bulbs)
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS with 250/400 Phantom digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? Flowering unit - 8" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 77 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 46%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? To be determined.

Welcome KJC here they are:

0012057.JPG

All 5 are in 6" plastic pots. My SSM#4 Advanced isn't even in the local area yet (according to tracking), so I had to use up the last of my SSM#4 (2/3) and Happy Frog (1/3). I hope what I've read about Happy Frog isn't true (burns up seedlings) but it's pretty diluted so that should help. If not, my bad. Bad start, that is..... :straightface:

Note: All 5 of these Skunk #1 regular plants are now under a 300 watt red spectrum CFL running at 18/6 (I started them under the T5 system at 24/0). As soon as they get a little size to them, I'll transplant to the bigger pots, then go to the 400 watt HPS and start 12/12. Tomorrow will be week 3 from seed, and I think I'm going to try my Biolink certified organic liquid nutrient program on these (using various supplements with it). I really wanted to go with a GO boxx, but cash is a problem going into the holidays. I may be able to pull it off still :)

The lights come on this afternoon; I'll try to get pics up later if I have the time; no problems to report so far :wood:

Dang emergency flush on all 5 plants; the Biolink Grow and Bloom formulas are gone bad:

0012085.JPG

I thought they both smelled a little funny (I've been using the Bloom part on a few other plants). That's gonna set these back a week or so. And now for these I am going to use my AN Iguana and AN supplements plus take a look at what I'm lacking in that program (I can use the Biolink micros which is one thing it needs; those aren't bad). Post more pics as soon as they start pulling out of it.

Note: Yesterday I started germinating 5 more Skunk #1 seeds. Two pieces of bad news for me; the first 5 plants are in pretty bad shape (I think they'll live, but we're talking a long recovery). The second is that when I took the piece of breeder's packaging out of the small zipp lokk bag it comes in, even though the bag was labeled "Sensi Seeds - Skunk #1 regular", the piece of breeder's label was labeled "Skunk #1 (registered trademark) automatic". I'll have to wait and see I guess. :(
One silver lining in this cloud is that I've wondered a few times if it's better to start a new grouping of seeds when things go South in the first month or just be patient. If these new plants don't have problems, I think they will pass the size of the old plants up in 4-6 weeks. I'll have to wait and see on this too I guess. It's all part of the learning curve; now I know what bad nutes smell like. Post more pics soon.

Sorry about the set back, keep the pictures flowing.

Thanks man. It happens, you know? And seeing as how I run a lot more grows at a time than the average person (even though they're small ones), it happens more. I play around with being creative with soil mixes, composting, and weird nutes too, so that doesn't help the situation any :)

I'll get a pic up later to show how bad off the 5 original Skunk #1 plants are. I have a 100% germination success rate with the second 5 Skunk #1 seeds, and they are now in 5" square plastic pots (SSM#4 Advanced). I'll be using GO's full lineup on these 5 plants, and if they turn out autos I'll finish this journal anyway. I could only find Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 automatic in fem seeds wherever I looked, so at least I'll get 5 useable plants if they are autos. Unless they hermie.

Back
Top Bottom