Skunk #1 Auto

The second set of seedlings were fed for the first time today (GO box; week 3). I went to get the camera but the lights went off, so I'll get a pic up later today or tomorrow. I'll transplant them to a 1 gallon plastic pot as soon as I see the first hairs; I might even use 2 gallon pots, depending on how big they get under the 300 watt CFL by then.

I didn't officially request it and I'm pretty sure it was you that helped me out, so thanks KJC. As you can see, the name change for this journal was an appropriate one.
Skunk #1 Auto - 3 weeks and 4 days old:

0071468.JPG
0081343.JPG
0091195.JPG
0101092.JPG
011938.JPG

When I took this pic, these were slightly wilted from underwatering. I'll get them in a 1 gallon pot over the next few days to help prevent that. I'll water them in the pots with a second feeding also. The one in the middle of the group pic is a runt; it grew without an apical meristem and developed multiple tops. In the first pic of post 40 in the lower left is a plant from the first grouping of seeds that was similar. Because the runt plants don't take up water as much and that one didn't need watering as much as the others when I gave them the bad nutes, I'm guessing is why it didn't do as badly as the other 5. I put that runt in with the second grouping of these plants after I took this pic and watered to make this a 6 plant grow. Post more pics soon.

I took these pics yesterday after the transplant. Here are all five plus the one from the first grow that lived:

0061577.JPG

Ten days ago these started showing hairs. I read a detailed grow summary of this strain and the writer said it went 55 days after that, so it should have around 45 days left. They look a little skimpy from the CFL, but they still have a lot of time. Post more pics soon.

Thanks man I'll get another pic up soon. They're stretching from being grown under the red light spectrum, and I don't think yield is going to be as good because they're under a CFL. I've got a changeover coming up in about 2-3 weeks, and I'm considering finishing these out under a 400 watt HPS to help with that.

Thanks man I'll get another pic up soon. They're stretching from being grown under the red light spectrum, and I don't think yield is going to be as good because they're under a CFL. I've got a changeover coming up in about 2-3 weeks, and I'm considering finishing these out under a 400 watt HPS to help with that.

how many weeks are they now? Also are you flowering or are you going to flower under the 400w HPS?

how many weeks are they now? Also are you flowering or are you going to flower under the 400w HPS?

Right now the second 5 plants are 5 weeks and 1 day from germination. There's one plant in my first 5 plant grow that survived, and it's 8 weeks and 4 days old (stunted too): They're under a 300 watt CFL now, and depending on how soon another unit of mine opens up I may put them under a 400 watt HPS to finish. It's going to be a few weeks yet and I don't know if it'll be worth the trouble at that point being so close to finish. Here's a pic of them:

0071481.JPG

They're a bit touchy on the feeding:

0081356.JPG

I just don't like autos that much.....

those look amazing potchimp. Did you trim those yourself? How do you go about choosing which nodes to cut off or fan leaves?

The only thing I've done to the 4 tall ones is remove the lower shade leaves as they yellow up. The other two have multiple stems, and I did pluck all of the leaves on the stems that grow towards the center of the plant (to open it up so the middle buds can get light to form).

I think I'm going to switch the timer over to 20 on and 4 off today; most recommendations for autos say not to run them 24/0. Maybe that's why growth is slower than I expected. It could just be my impatience, but I'm going to do it anyway. Here's a few pics of the tops:

0041903.JPG
0032027.JPG

Bummer. I bumped that flimsy switch on my timer to the off position (the center of the 3 settings), and these plants have been in the dark for about 2-1/2 days now; the last time I watered them was when I bumped it. They're back on to the timer setting now (20/4), and the timer switch is taped down like my other ones are to make sure it doesn't happen again. There's going to be a definite unit change to the 400 watt HPS now to make up for the lost time. I'll get some pics up soon. I would put up pics now, but thanks to that smart move on my part they don't look any different than the last pic. :(

Here they are at 7 weeks exactly (except the one from the first grow; back right - 10 weeks and 3 days):

0051803.JPG
0081370.JPG
0061594.JPG
0071493.JPG
0091219.JPG

The next time these need watering I'll feed them but they don't use the water or food fast in here; it's still a bit cold. In about a week from now they'll be moved, but I may run them under a 250 watt MH/HPS for a week or two until I switch them to the 400 watt bulb.

Back
Top Bottom