Zamal Reunion

I didn't add the Sierra Foothills soil amendment, but I transplanted all 3 plants to a 6" square plastic pot:

0011909.JPG

I am going to feed these using compost tea, and I'll add some of that mix to the tea. I'm thinking there's gonna be another Old Timers Haze mess on my hands (minus the 6 months it takes to flower out) from the looks of the leaves on these. :(

2 weeks and 4 days from seed? Yep, these are gonna be sizeable if I don't manage them:

0101018.JPG

I'm going to chop my GDP S1 plant soon, and I'll put these under 12/12 in that unit until I determine sex and 9/15 in my soon-to-be-tweeked (again) 400 watt unit until chop. :)

2 weeks and 4 days from seed? Yep, these are gonna be sizeable if I don't manage them:

0101018.JPG

I'm going to chop my GDP S1 plant soon, and I'll put these under 12/12 in that unit until I determine sex and 9/15 in my soon-to-be-tweeked (again) 400 watt unit until chop. :)

LOL, compared to this Buddha Haze at 2 weeks and 3 days ... !

DSCN5924.JPG

Oh it was Missed 'er Nice's cut of SSH; I think a few breeders put it out on the market. It seemed really resistant to less than perfect grow room conditions, had few problems as far as disease or pests, was a moderate feeder, and would have done better if I topped or LST'ed it.

Yeah I'm finding pretty much anything sativa oriented needs a good tying down or topped or both lol. I have been quietly vegging two lavenders for three months with the ol double whammy top and lst. One I kept flux style the other more bushy less mainlined. Id journal but not in freindly territory behind enemy lines so to speak. Any how just how long will you veg for? I've got cal mag issues now my soil is getting used up nutrient wise I think. Wish I was close, I'd give ya some killer clones. GDP is so bomb ass, had some last year as a gift it hurt to smoke cause it just meant now I had less lol.

I've got a really nice GDP pheno I just selfed for the same reason. I like it a lot. In a few years I'll be okay as far as having what I need; I'm breeding some stuff out now. One of the main reasons I'm doing what I'm doing is to be self reliant and as much as I appreciate the clone offer, part of the obsession of this to me is working the strains I breed out. You never know, though. At any minute a money bomb (a.k.a. killer mother plant) could drop in any one of our laps. Even the introverts like me would give second thought to the shying away from public thing. :)
That selfed GDP will be out of the small unit I have it in soon. I'm going to put these under 12/12 around then (they'll be maybe 5 weeks old), and as soon as I see the sex of each I'll cull the male(s) and put the female(s) under 9/15.

Note: All 3 plants were given their first feeding today. I decided to go with what I've been using on my garden (approx. 4-1/2 gal. non-chlorinated water, 1 cup vermicompost, 1 cup worm compost, 3 Tbsp. molasses, and 1 cup processed chicken manure 3-3-3). If this works like it does in my garden I'll use it for the whole grow, but alter the recipe with more P as flowering progresses. i may add a small amount of kelp meal through the short veg periods I run. They look good so far, but you know what happens every time the chimp steps outside of the box..... :rip:

The one smaller plant took the food a bit hard, but the rest didn't curl up any. These are probably light feeders so I better go on the 1/2 strength side as far as feeding. It's going to be a day or three before these nutes have an effect (3 weeks and 2 days from seed):

0061434.JPG

I'll keep everybody posted; still under the same CFL and 18/6.

They picked up and got a little bigger, but if I look close I can see slight curl on the tiny new leaves. This strain is going to be a really light feeder. I think I may use up the nutes I got for my Charlotte's Web grow instead of compost teas for this grow. I'll post pics of the bottles if I decide to go that route. Post pics soon, and this week these are being put under 12/12 until first hairs (or male flowers) at which point I'll be turning it down to 9/15. I'm thinking of saving some pollen and also using some of it on a few of the lower branches of the females for seeds if I get a male. If I get all males like my Phantom Cookies grow Ima yell "Damn that cost me money!!!!!" as loud as I can like I did then.....

Zamal Reunion - 3 weeks and 6 days from seed; first day of 12/12:

013730.JPG

I transplanted them into 2 gallon pots, and the grow medium is SSM#4. I watered them in with 1/3 gallon each RO water, mycos, and CaMg+. As soon as I see signs of change I'm going to 9/15, unless a week goes by and I don't see anything at which point I'll go to 10.5/13.5 the first week and 9/15 the second. I'll keep everyone posted.

Hey welcome dunc014 sorry for the late reply. I want to go to 9/15 for two reasons:
Some of the Sativa strains tend to get out of hand sizewise and it's a way to keep that under control; I've had bad luck with Hazes for example.
Doing a shorter light period will also shorten the flowering period. This strain is supposed to grow like crazy, and I'm using tent sized units. In the past I put an Old Timers Haze under 12/12, and the time it took to show the first hairs was ridiculous. Nine (yes, 9) weeks. Just for the first hairs. :( Even though it was exactly what I wanted to do (grow the longest flowering strain that I could find), it took 6 months to finish the flowering phase. It's just too much and I want to shorten my grows.

I've got a seed for that one, but I haven't had the best of luck with plants from that company.

Note: Of the 3 plants, 1 is showing the beginning formation of a male flower. The ad claims that this strain is excellent for cross pollination, but at the time I have too many things going on. I have 6 more seeds if I like the weed; I should be able to get a male out of those later. I haven't taken a close look at the others yet. I'll get a pic up later.

Back
Top Bottom