Dark Devil Auto GDP OG & Blue Mammoth Auto Adventures

High yogi

hi welcome to the bungalow, ensconced in a leafy 'burb with the usual characters and crafty squirrels. I am planning a high brix grow but got gifted the joys of transmission rebuild costs along with suspension rebuild as well (self employed in a rough trade and the truck takes a beating) so most likely the clones i want to cut from GDP will be headed to that luxury later. Fair warning syntax grammar spelling and lines of logic - all up for grabs in this mans hands so if your inner grammar nazi is easily triggered an extra hit or two of th Indica is reasonable before browsing further. Oh also I repeat things from time to time, brain damage and it's many gifts just keeps giving.

So what is the breakdown? Whelp, ive got a HO CFl light that's is fairly old at this point and the seeds cracked under that And in fact GDP (day three) is still under it. but the long term grow is as follows

Lights; Mars II 300 w and a 280w

Soil is a homemade LOS, that is all the soil I have used (FoxFarms Ocean) mixed with egg shells banana peels some mulch and garden waste mixed and composted with bat guano some lime and crushed rock aged about six months and tested out at 6.0 PH two days ago. Not at all as bad ass as a High Brix but given the circumstances it will do I hope.

Grow Space; yeah that is an evolving situation but it is a PVC 40 x 40 inch 8 foot tall frame lined with reflective thermal blankets and awaiting the light proof dark plastic as soon as I wash dry and re assemble it from last winter's grow. Set up is in my office no filters as of yet but its in the works.

Water; good old rain water usually though I also use filtered tap (5.9 ish as tested over the year.) which as soon as I can order up a sunleaves bubbler pump I shall be making teas and just aerating the water as well.

The Seeds: Bonza Seed Bank provided the services, well done folks. Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto, Grand Daddy Purp Original GDP with the freebies Blue Mammoth Auto and Jock Horror Fem. That will do nicely enough eh?

Nutes: for DD probably little to none the rest get the fox farms treatment, though Biobizz looks interesting the try pack on e tay for about 23 dollars. we'll see

Autos: get topped and LST'd

Photos: bent and bent again till silly. longer veg period. restraints will be used.

So far one hiccup, my first Dark Devil on day two suffered an attack from an insect terrorist organization cell housed in my soil. Cue the scene of my sifting soil this am in me undies on the back porch rooting out the jackals and sending them to the yarden for re education. Yesterday I started soaking DD2 in paper towels this morning the seed was just barely getting the tap root out. Impressive timeline as i usually find myself waiting days for results. After pondering what to do about any further attacks I recalled the use of cloches back in the days of my youth and decided some of the larger drinking glasses around the house looked good upside down so currently one is over the new seedling which sits in it's only container for the grow a 5 gallon fabric pot, which is the same size for the Blue Mammoth auto as well. GDP gets a beefy 7 gallon as I'm turning that into a total topped and LST'd monstah should I get it that far. The Jock Horror will wait on the sidelines most likely for a Spring Summer outdoorsy effort.

Oh shoot yeah another thing I ran a hybrid program last run Orange Bud male x Zamaldelica and one of the seeds is in soil hopefully germinating as I type this. If it is a male I will keep the pollen for some experiments. Also am def ordering more DD seeds.

I am in debt to Sweet Sue and Arteekay for their incredible journals and efforts contained therein; their efforts sparked this.

photos once I can show you something other than dirt and a gdp seedling.

re: Dark Devil Auto GDP OG & Blue Mammoth Auto Adventures

"Crafty squirrels" :laughtwo: I feed our birds and squirrels a lot, especially in the winter. This year our squirrels took some of the corn and planted it in front of my house. Only a couple stalks grew so we let them keep it. They're not very good farmers though. They harvested way too early. Only one little corn cob is left now. :rofl:

I like your seed selection! *smacks lips* :yummy:

What are your long-term plans for dealing with this terrorist cell? Chemical warfare? Counter insurgency? Aquatic maneuvers? :laughtwo:

This looks like it's gonna be an interesting grow! I better get started on the popcorn. :byebye:

80 degrees, 49% humidity currently at 18/6 and NASA we have a seedling. Dark Devil has landed, incredible and incredibly there are the cotyledon leafs that popped up last night and now there is a fresh set of leaves, tiny yet full formed. This surprised me. I just set the glass over it for the night to protect it from anything that might go chomp in the night. Light set at 30 inches. I was going to follow Sweet Sue to the T but then she shared Arteekay's journal and uh yeah imma going that route thought I am ordering more DD seeds (as if it were the apocolypse emergency supply) so that I can play around with the setup I like most so the Sweet Sue lighting hours will be on the next run this run it is Arteekay's 18/6.

GDP is lanky had some stretch initially the 2x4 cfl array was a bit high but it has a dark color to it and the first leaf set. I'm excited about this one. Gdp will be a mother plant for a bit while vegging and getting tied down most likely 2 months.

Blue Auto Mammoth just cracked, good to have it in the mix it's been years since Barneys seeds have hit my soil, 8 maybe. People have said positive remarks noting the yield, a good reliable Indica stone nice for the long rest periods I require now and again. Also the buds said to be rock hard.

Rough few days outside of the grow, very sore boy from work, took a while to type this. you know you're shot when it takes a few attempts to get a one syllable word spelled correctly. No photos hard drive filled thanks to GoPro files, I keep the thing mounted to the helmet to record work damn ...gigs of files... tomorrow i go editing. Ok to the pillow. later.

and crashed... something clipped the DD just below the soil. PINCHED IT. did not cut it but squeezed the stem shut. the heck?...
time to call in the bombers and drop the big ones. Hellfire gonna rain. Going to dump out that soil run a straight bag mix Oceans or some such store bought. The Blue Mammoth Auto continues to push the cracked shell out of the ground... we will see... the GDP is doing awesome too btw so good news there.

and crashed... something clipped the DD just below the soil. PINCHED IT. did not cut it but squeezed the stem shut. the heck?...
time to call in the bombers and drop the big ones. Hellfire gonna rain. Going to dump out that soil run a straight bag mix Oceans or some such store bought. The Blue Mammoth Auto continues to push the cracked shell out of the ground... we will see... the GDP is doing awesome too btw so good news there.

Umm...Did you take the drinking glasses off the seedlings and have a fan or something for air movement around them? If not, the pinching sounds like a fungal infection referred to as damping off. The stem gets thin and sort of hourglass shaped before dying. Was it like that?

so true but yes I had .... still i had the glass over it oh 18 hours at first. Damn Did i shoot my self in the foot>? lol it would figure if I did. The cannabis version of running with scissors apparently. The Blue Mammoth is looking ok, GDP too and the only one that got covered wass DD... awwgawddammitforreal? mannnnn... *long sigh*.... fuck. ok I'm going to burn a bowl for a sec brb. Ok Fuzznutter you're the one literary participant in this journal and you've diagnosed a plant half a stressed out country away high five yourself, the Paris Review this is not yet already you've distinguished yourself with deft analysis and a brief writing style. Off to the seed fairy's website and push some bytes of information around for some more DD seeds. Hope all is well over there.

so true but yes I had .... still i had the glass over it oh 18 hours at first. Damn Did i shoot my self in the foot>? lol it would figure if I did. The cannabis version of running with scissors apparently. The Blue Mammoth is looking ok, GDP too and the only one that got covered wass DD... awwgawddammitforreal? mannnnn... *long sigh*.... fuck. ok I'm going to burn a bowl for a sec brb. Ok Fuzznutter you're the one literary participant in this journal and you've diagnosed a plant half a stressed out country away high five yourself, the Paris Review this is not yet already you've distinguished yourself with deft analysis and a brief writing style. Off to the seed fairy's website and push some bytes of information around for some more DD seeds. Hope all is well over there.

:laughtwo: How about I pocket that high five and save it for you when you harvest this grow? :)

Just keep a very gentle airflow around the next seedlings and they should be fine. It will help strengthen their stems as well as prevent fungal infections.

I think Dark Devil is on trend to become this site's most popular bud. I cannot wait to try mine!

Sorry to hear about your Dark Devil High yogi. But I wouldn't mind pulling up a chair to see the rest if you don't?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

welcome to the Ashram Tank Engine, pardon me while I put out a fire or two I put the incense too close to the prayer flags again.

hi everybody. So things do change. I will not be able to complete this journal or grow due to a family emergency as my Mom has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and requires emergency surgery. As you can imagine along with our concern for Mom are the adjustments to our schedules and priorities as we solidify our base of support if you will. I will try to check in from time to time as I love the journals I have followed. Take care and keep growing.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We hope your family is well.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom