Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

I harvested one branch off the Quarter Pounder auto X Gorilla Glue auto tonight and just finished trimming it up. I have a buddy with a birthday coming up in 5 weeks and he prefers some clear trichromes (20-25%) where I look for 80% cloudy and 20% amber for my personal consumption. So guess who's getting some QP X GG for their birthday? :straightface:
She sure looks plenty potent.

I know that lately Sue and others have talked about harvesting right as the trichomes start to cloud over. Generally I go by overall plant ripeness (faded/dying leaves, 75%+ orange pistils, cloudy trichome appearance, nearly nonexistent water uptake, along with age). Everything is taken into account and I get consistent results. But everybody has their own flavor preferences.

Puffing a bowl of the green DP x TTB and man was she worth the long flower time. Sour smell and spicy taste. Yield didn't look too bad either.

I'm toast, gotta go buy duct tape and something else, lol, I forgot. Damn good stuff.

Turns out the answer was jb weld but my local store doesn't carry it.

Tomorrow is room rearranging day. Starts with the grow room. Just going to reposition the tent, move the veg area which will likely have new seedlings since these ladies and gents (Devil's Pitchfork F2s) appear to all be photoperiod.... bound for the dumpster.

Just vaped a bit of the freshest Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps. Fantastic.

Been feeding every other day. Plenty of runoff. At 1tsp Mega-Crop per gallon for everything. Everybody seems plenty happy. After stretch we switch to 1/2 tsp each Mega-Crop and Maxibloom.

The Devil's Pitchfork F2s: I have one showing a pistil so now I have to wait and see if that is just a preflower to tease me or if I have a reason to be happy. Lol. They must've heard me say something about the dumpster.

A word about Punto Rojo x Unknown: spicy earth with just a splash of citrus. Buds are very dense this time around. No fancy colors, just bright green with textbook orange pistils. The high starts out sativa and then depending on your state of mind can either keep you moving or if you are tired it will make you very tired. Not so much based on quantity of consumption as it is based on one's natural rhythm. Last night a doobie made me nod out, today i feel great and not impeded by a laggy stone. I believe that I have a few Punto Rojo cross seeds floating around the countryside, I sure would like to see someone else grow one or two.

I just got an email back from a company purporting to be all about pure landrace preservation. I inquired about prices, shipping, and 2 specific chemovars. They want 60euros for a ten pack of Punto Rojo and 40euros for a dozen Ketema (Moroccan landrace). They say that they accept PayPal....

Their story seems legit. No legendary tales, just plain old stories of how the seeds were acquired. They don't seem to be trying to build a mythology around how the seeds came to be is what I am saying. The easy payment method, reasonable prices and obscure landrace varieties are tempting me.. they claim to carry an Iranian sativa as well.

The Landrace Team.

Most of my concern is directed at the payment method. PayPal is not a common payment method for cannabis seeds, or at least hasn't been. Probably just been googling too much again.

Yes I agree, Paypal is not a commonly accepted form of payment for cannabis seeds. I say if you're going to spend hard earned dollars on cannabis seeds shop with Ace Seeds one of our sponsors. I personally would purchase them through @SeedsMan as their delivery success is above average.

I've just been searching for obscure landrace stuff. Ace has a great selection, but most of the landrace seeds are hybrids. I already have quite a few of those. I will see in a few months if their site is still open.

I have three of the Ace Seeds Golden Tiger seeds that I will be running at some point for a breeding project. I am wanting to make some regular (the 3 seeds are reg) and also reverse one of the females (if one of the 3 is a gal) and make some S1 feminized seeds. It is a hybrid and 100% sativa. I grow a few sativa plants during the summer to A) make seeds and
B) grow buds for my friends for Christmas gifts.

Yeah, I inquired over on the landrace thread and it seems that PayPal is used by at least one other reputable breeder. Good info @Dankman_420 I don't do much with social media so didn't think to check any.

@beez0404 I have read good things about their Golden Tiger. I have some Zamaldelica x Panama F1 and Zamaldelica x Malawi F1 seeds. The parent plants I believe are from Ace. I am going to need a nice stash on hand before I can grow those 14+week plants.

The way things are:

Not really much room to flower anything else in here... flip +9 days

Closet will be empty soon. None are auto phenotypes. I was full of unwarranted optimism. Looks like I get to crack a few more seeds today.

Working on sterilizing some lava rock so I don't have to open a fresh bag. I will start by cracking one Quarter Pounder auto x Stardawg auto. Planning to follow a bi-weekly planting schedule for autos as was suggested to me.

Going to pop a Chemdawg x Sour Angel and the Zorillo Locos to veg as soon as timing is just right. Probably a couple regulars of something else as well. I can't speculate on those because I want to grow everything, lol

My recent seed shipment arrived atrociously damaged. Post office gave that package hell. I believe 5 of 12 are good to go with 1 more being questionable at best. Sad because they were all limited production feminized hybrids. The ones that survived are bound for greatness, of that I have no doubt.

Not really much room to flower anything else in here.

Heck, I could fit 3 more of your biggest plant in that grow space and still have room leftover. It's not like peas and mashed potatos that can't touch on the plate. ;) It's okay if they touch.

Looks like I get to crack a few more seeds today.

What are you going to be dropping next? I germinated a Sour Diesel Haze auto in a hempy solo cup. It sprouted on the third day. I had to perform helmet removal surgery but think I did a good job and did not injure her whatsoever. This is my next seed making plant. Nothing elaborate this time. I'll start treating a branch at day 21 and keep treating it till I see pollen sacks. I'm just looking to make S1 seeds of this strain for my auto seed inventory and a few extras for trading.

I will start by cracking one Quarter Pounder auto x Stardawg auto. Planning to follow a bi-weekly planting schedule for autos as was suggested to me.

Going to pop a Chemdawg x Sour Angel and the Zorillo Locos to veg as soon as timing is just right. Probably a couple regulars of something else as well. I can't speculate on those because I want to grow everything, lol
I somehow missed this post! So I already know what you're planning on running next.

Fingers crossed for a female Harlequin, but my hopes may very well be in vain. I have one confirmed male, one that I am not sure of but I think might be male, and one that is being stubborn/stunted. If all three are Male I will keep the healthiest and pollinate the NL ladies. Being polyhybrids, the offspring should display some CBD rich chemovars. Preparing for the worst.

Beez, I've been considering filling her up to capacity and cranking up the cobs. Might be a damn good option. I will make some final decisions tonight..

As long as you have good ventilation and lots of air flow I'm finding it's okay to bunch the ladies together. It might hurt the yield per plant a little but would more then make up for it with the addition of 3 or 4 more plants in there.
I do have 5 Devil's Pitchfork F2s in smaller hempys ready to go to the dumpster... I suppose I could toss them in the tent and see what happens.

Ahh, onto a bit about hash. I bought a very pricey set of 5 full mesh 5gallon bubble bags a couple months back. I have only made 2 batches since then. One was with a lot of garbage and it turned out alright. The second time I used fresh frozen trim and while I got a crappy yield, the stuff was damn near full melt. The problem is that i never have enough trimmings to use those big bags.

I was googling around a bit and found some stackable dry sift trays for a reasonable price. I will probably be purchasing one or two of these tonight while I am busy not sleeping or being productive. The goal of course is to more easily process smaller batches at a time.

Great hash has always been my favorite form of medication. Seems like it does everything flower does but better. Other smokeable extracts get me baked but not in a medicine sort of way.

I have a set of 1 gallon bags been using for few years. I am also interested in the dry sift trays. Looks much cleaner in the end
I did a bunch of research and decided on a 120 micron. It's just a 6inch round aluminum tray, I ordered one to see if they are feasible. If it is, I will look into buying a 75 micron. Guaranteed delivery by Tuesday. Good ole ebay. I can't recommend them specifically until I know they are good.

This old medicine shop I frequented before they closed down always, always carried Grand Daddy Purple pressed dry sift, blond/purple and stinky. Back then I could put my money on the counter and say "I need $14 worth of that". Unregulated medical cannabis is nothing but a fond memory these days....

Still sterilizing rocks today. 2 Harlequin are confirmed males. The 3rd looks girly, but not guaranteed :rolleyes:. Still hemming and hawing about how to handle the tent's empty space.

Observations confirm that steel coffee cans work amazing for one run as a hempy. I had hoped to squeeze 2 out of them, just not the case. Too much rust after one run. Good thing I drink mostly classic Maxwell House.

Back
Top Bottom