So, I clipped a tester a few days ago, and I vaped some of it a few hours ago.
It was surprisingly strong and pleasant for a bud clipped so early. It tasted faintly lemon zesty, with just a tiny hint of licorice.
I'm looking forward to how it'll be after ripening a bit, and a proper dry and cure.
Especially since I just opened a jar of Bruce Banner from the summer before last, and the strawberry and diesel terms have cured into a scent reminiscent of a Terry's chocolate orange.
:)

Looking good Mel. Fingers crossed for you to make safe harbour.
Thanks DV8!
If I had to harvest today it would be far from the worst bud I've had, so I'm pretty satisfied.
Congrats on winning GJOTM for September, Mel! You won it last September, too. Way to go!

:high-five:
Thanks HG!

So, I clipped a tester a few days ago, and I vaped some of it a few hours ago.
It was surprisingly strong and pleasant for a bud clipped so early. It tasted faintly lemon zesty, with just a tiny hint of licorice.
I'm looking forward to how it'll be after ripening a bit, and a proper dry and cure.
Especially since I just opened a jar of Bruce Banner from the summer before last, and the strawberry and diesel terms have cured into a scent reminiscent of a Terry's chocolate orange.
:)

Thanks DV8!
If I had to harvest today it would be far from the worst bud I've had, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Thanks HG!
Congrates on your GJOTM, glad to hear the early tester was good

Hmm. Weather report isn't getting any better. I'm not sure how much more ripening she can do with temps of 12⁰C(x9÷5+32=53.6f) and below, and without any sunlight.
I have some time to see how the report changes over the next day or two, but I was reading about how el Niño is affecting the weather this fall, and it doesn't sound like it'll get any better.
I can't do anything until she dries out anyway.

Leona- day 149

Screenshot_20231008_120929_Weather.jpg

It's great to see our northern neighbors' flowers still packing on the weight into the second week of October! :thumb:
Thanks Shed, but I think we're nearly at the end of this one!

Hmm. Weather report isn't getting any better. I'm not sure how much more ripening she can do with temps of 12⁰C(x9÷5+32=53.6f) and below, and without any sunlight.
I have some time to see how the report changes over the next day or two, but I was reading about how el Niño is affecting the weather this fall, and it doesn't sound like it'll get any better.
I can't do anything until she dries out anyway.

Leona- day 149

Screenshot_20231008_120929_Weather.jpg

Thanks Shed, but I think we're nearly at the end of this one!
good oll canadian weather it'll all change in a few hours, at least your night temps are above 8c

7⁰C right now. My toes got cold taking these pics, lol!

Leona- day 150

good oll canadian weather it'll all change in a few hours, at least your night temps are above 8c
Lol, especially in the Great Lakes area!
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll be getting much better.
I'm considering chopping today as she's dried out now, but I know that as soon as I do there'll be better weather!

7⁰C right now. My toes got cold taking these pics, lol!

Leona- day 150

Lol, especially in the Great Lakes area!
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll be getting much better.
I'm considering chopping today as she's dried out now, but I know that as soon as I do there'll be better weather!
Lol yeah it usually works like that, good luck

Well, I think I'm done. The potassium bicarbonate spray is no longer effective keeping the powdery mildew at bay.
I'm planning on starting to clip her fan leaves this afternoon, and depending how far I get before the rain this afternoon I'll most likely be taking her down Thursday.

Leona- day 151

Lol yeah it usually works like that, good luck
Thanks con!
She is a beauty. I hope she gets done
Thanks Lerugged!
I'm pretty sure she's as done as she's going to get!
Its a tribulation for every grower, when to pull. Especially outdoors.

Old Mother Nature keeps on keeping on while we wait.

Looks great Mel, best of luck with the choice mate.
Thanks DV8!
Honestly I'm playing with fire waiting any longer. I have no idea how she's managed to stay free from budrot this long.
Happy Thanksgiving, Mel! Leona looks beautiful. I especially like the pink pistils.
Thanks HG!
Happy belated Thanksgiving to you!
That's the second plant this year that's had them! Both high in limonene too 🤔

Well, I think I'm done. The potassium bicarbonate spray is no longer effective keeping the powdery mildew at bay.
I'm planning on starting to clip her fan leaves this afternoon, and depending how far I get before the rain this afternoon I'll most likely be taking her down Thursday.

Leona- day 151

Thanks con!

Thanks Lerugged!
I'm pretty sure she's as done as she's going to get!

Thanks DV8!
Honestly I'm playing with fire waiting any longer. I have no idea how she's managed to stay free from budrot this long.

Thanks HG!
Happy belated Thanksgiving to you!
That's the second plant this year that's had them! Both high in limonene too 🤔
Leona is beautiful 🤩 girl Mel and fingers are crossed 🤞 hoping your weather holds out long enuff for her to finish. Really looking 👀 forward for a smoke review of her2. CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:

Mostly done clipping fan leaves, but she's still soaked from the rain yesterday, and last night.
The bowl trimmer can handle what's left.
I'm going to try it out for a wet trim this time.
I might do one branch dry though. Just to compare.
5 out of the next 7 days have rain in the forecast and we're heading for single digit daytime highs fast.

Leona- day 151

I hope it goes well and the rain holds off for as long as possible.
Thanks Carmen!
She'll be in the drying rack soon!
I recommend socks when you're out there pulling off the fans...shoes even!
I had to put on pants, and now socks too?
Leona is beautiful 🤩 girl Mel and fingers are crossed 🤞 hoping your weather holds out long enuff for her to finish. Really looking 👀 forward for a smoke review of her2. CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:
Thanks Cap!
I'll post a vape review as she's heading into jars for the cure!

Mostly done clipping fan leaves, but she's still soaked from the rain yesterday, and last night.
The bowl trimmer can handle what's left.
I'm going to try it out for a wet trim this time.
I might do one branch dry though. Just to compare.
5 out of the next 7 days have rain in the forecast and we're heading for single digit daytime highs fast.

Leona- day 151

Thanks Carmen!
She'll be in the drying rack soon!

I had to put on pants, and now socks too?

Thanks Cap!
I'll post a vape review as she's heading into jars for the cure!
The weather has changed in the The City by the Lake already too. It’s not Canada cold 🥶 but summer is long gone and fall is in the air. I miss Florida. Smh CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom