Sweet Seeds 3x Dark Devil + 1x Big Devil XL Grow

Dont worry I havent abandoned this thread! Ive been busy and on holidays currently in france, Ill be back in about a week with loads of pictures of harvest and dried buds, they are currently all curing, one of the purple plants is full dark purple and just looks amazing (the others are green with hints of purple).
Final dry weight : 300-315g under 250 hps half the grow and 400w hps (both bloom lights - didnt have veg spectrum for the 250w) I have to say i am positively impressed by the results, with the big devil xl yielding about 125g! (was expecting like 75 or so and only realised there was actually quite alot of bud on there whilst harvesting). For those interested wet weights are 5* dry weight with these plants so it was about 1.5 kilo wet. Curing will still take till end january i guess so ill be back for a smoke report then!

20131207_142656.jpg
20131214_143412.jpg
20131214_143423.jpg
20131218_175147.jpg
20131218_175215.jpg
20131218_235719.jpg
20131218_235822.jpg
20131218_235832.jpg
20131218_235854.jpg
20131219_000114.jpg
20131219_000131.jpg
20131219_000155.jpg
20131219_000451.jpg
20131219_000527.jpg
20131219_001038.jpg
20131219_001112.jpg
20131221_154814.jpg
20131221_154826.jpg
20131221_155508.jpg
20131221_155513.jpg

Ok so everything is pretty much cured now (probably only fully cured in a month but it tastes good since about 10 days). Heres a smoke report :
The big devil xl: this plant really impressed me i never thought it would yeild near as much as it did (like 120g) and the quality of the smoke is pretty damn good! It doesnt have any 'special' taste, kindov like a mix of orange bud and the good old jack you find in the coffeeshops here. Buds covered in trichs, most frosty of the four plants. The buds are not very compact but not airy either and have a nice 'fresh' green color covered by a white layer of thc and the hairs are nice bright orange. I grew with organic nutes and flushed well and you can taste a bit of a sweet/expanding smoke thats really easy on your lungs and has a nice thc spice to it. Looking through a microscope about 1% of the trichs colored golden-orange amber which can be felt during the effect: after about 45-60 mins the high changes from a euphoric high to more of a body numbing relaxing high that decides when i fall asleep in the evening.

The dark devils: The full purple pheno and the other two smoke and smell differently - pretty hard to describe this one but ill do my best! So every one i tried this with has a different opinion. The buds look pretty beatiful however when looking at the smaller bud it quickly starts to get very airy / popcorny with 5 cm long buds you can see straight through. I do believe this has got to do with it being colored weed as all purple i have every found in shops is always poor looking compared to the normal stuff - even though half this gan is like sticks covered with little round swollen flowers the thc on it is really long (like the stems of the resin are long and the heads are fat compared to average) so its bag appeal is still pretty good and looks potent ;) It has a nice flowery fruity nearly sythnthetic smell (compared to the big devil which smells like organic bud). It doesnt smell like anything ive come across upto now and it would be hard to guess its weed if it didnt have a present lemony thc spicy smell to it that i love :p. I did notice it has a harder time burning compared to the big devil and the jay keeps on going off (on all three the dark devils..) but then again this is probably due to the lack of my experience growing purple and maybe i made a mistake with the dry/curing (dry till stems nearly snap dry then cure for bout a month). If i had to pick between the two strains for a newxt grow id definitly fill my closet with big devil xl instead of the dark devil. I prefer its end product and it grew realy realy easily!
That was it for this grow! Feel free to ask any questions ill try to answer best i can ;) Currently ive fot 4x sweet cheese autos and 4x auto candy kush growing (the candy is pretty sensitive, kindov like actual kush - pretty promising !) and just harvested 8x biosdiesel mass (200g dry on that - but i mad some mistakes which cost me yeild, they could have gone 250-300g no problem with bigger pots instead of teh 6.5l i tried)

Oh btw i also got 3g wax from the trim (using the queen size honey bee extractor, the purest butane i could find, mixed it into organic alcohol, winterized for a week at -25/-30 celsius then poured the golden alcohol through a coffee filter and let it evaporate for twoo weeks before slightly warming (50 celsius) and stirring the product to get it waxxy! its potency is pretty good and has a really strong after taste - like a couple seconds after inhale - compared to most concentrate i made, i dab with standard bang with globe attatchment). Would be cool to try a run with only the dark devils and let the trichs color a little and make shatter out of the whole lot of buds to see if it turns purple-ish :p

great journal . i think im going for the dd just for the beauty

yo nice grow dutch..would u say that sweet seeds autos compare to dutch passion genetics? i hear the auto blue mazor is another awesome plant to grow but i been looking at sweet seeds to they have some great photo strains so only can assume their autos are just as good..im thinking about this xl auto u did and blue mazor from DP

Hey sorry for taking so long I've had some problems recently and had to stop all the gardening;
I didn't get to finish the blue mazar unfortunately but have seen quite a few dutch passion mazar autos and they seemed to grow pretty big. Giving 60-100g outdoors under dutch sun (so not too strong) they take about 3 months outdoors. But the sweet seeds autos were better than I expected definitely the big devil xl was quality, strong stuff for such a high yeilder and tasted nice, sweet and smooth on the inhale and slightly spicy on the exhale. The coffeeshop next door to me has had 'ultra lemon haze' in stock for a while now and that's an auto as well (from the company auto seeds) and tastes alot like lemon haze very strong lemon indeed, and is pretty damn strong - stronger than the lemon haze and amnesia crosses they sell I think it might be the higher cbd or whatever that autos tend to have more of.

Hey sorry for taking so long I've had some problems recently and had to stop all the gardening;
I didn't get to finish the blue mazar unfortunately but have seen quite a few dutch passion mazar autos and they seemed to grow pretty big. Giving 60-100g outdoors under dutch sun (so not too strong) they take about 3 months outdoors. But the sweet seeds autos were better than I expected definitely the big devil xl was quality, strong stuff for such a high yeilder and tasted nice, sweet and smooth on the inhale and slightly spicy on the exhale. The coffeeshop next door to me has had 'ultra lemon haze' in stock for a while now and that's an auto as well (from the company auto seeds) and tastes alot like lemon haze very strong lemon indeed, and is pretty damn strong - stronger than the lemon haze and amnesia crosses they sell I think it might be the higher cbd or whatever that autos tend to have more of.

that sux.. hope every thing gets back right so u can grow again ..

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom