S1 GDP with CS

Speaking of mold, I decided to inspect this plant this morning to see if the sulfer burner treatment worked. I guess it did for the time being, but I see the first signs of it starting again. All the tops I did and everywhere the colloidal silver solution dripped the flowers were 100% male. Clustered together like that, rot was starting again so I cut everything on the plant off that didn't have seeds (besides the leaves):

0011899.JPG

In the buds I took off I found about 10-12 seeds, but they looked a bit underdeveloped. I'll let them dry and pic them soon. I would suggest to anyone doing this out there to do some of the lowers to prevent the problem I had. As you can see by the way I did it, theres not much female calyx there to pollinate. I am going to do 3 or 4 of the lowers next time (the tops get dense which promotes rot) so the male parts are manageable and I get a lot of female flowers at the top. I'll also cut the male branches off and toss them after I use them, which will lower the possibility of cross-pollination with my other grows.

:peace:

I don't have much longer on this grow here. I won't get many seeds, but there's enough to tide me over until I S1 this strain again, which I'll do with one of the last seeds when the time comes. I'm guessing there may be 30-40 seeds here plus the 10 or so I have already. Worth the trouble? I'm not sure. I could have put an ounce out of that unit in the same amount of time, and if 40 of these seeds are good enough to open up and make a plant that's probably more than an ounce costs (buying this strain from the seedbanks in that amount would be pricey). Cost wise to me I guess it kind of equalled out. But what makes it worth the venture is that this strain isn't available at present, and I have a good enough pheno of it to keep going. I have a Pre '98 S1 I'm going to do this with also. And if I grow anything I want to keep later, I'll be doing it again.

Note: There's not much to pic at this point but I'll be chopping this plant as soon as it looks most of the way dead (most plants I've grown in my garden seem to have the best seeds when the plant is almost dried up). It shouldn't be much longer, and I'll post a pic and then pics of the seeds with a count. I'll close this journal and start a new one when I do the seeds. Gotta go smoke dope bye now :)

I'll post a pic of the seeds, a count of them, and a summary on my observations when I close this journal in a few days. Most of the plant looks like this (I decided to let it dry to the end like they do in nature):

0051624.JPG

I know already that I didn't get a lot of seeds with the method I used. :(

Grand Daddy Purple S1 fem seeds:

0011934.JPG

As you can see there are quite a few that aren't fertile and are underdeveloped, but all in all there's in excess of 50 seeds that look really good (including the 10 or 15 I have already). Looking back, the only thing I regret was pollinating the very top colas. The lowers would have developed the male flowers a little less densely and would have dripped down to the soil and not other buds. I wound up with mostly male flowers on the plant because of this, and didn't get a large number of seeds. Moneywise, it was more than worth it. I'll have enough of these for a few years to come. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue this journal with a grow of the S1'ed seeds, or start another journal and name it accordingly at this point. The main reason is that it's going to be a while before I can do the follow-up grow, and I don't want to leave anyone hanging. I've got a few grows ahead of this, and there's talk around this website of a grow to honor one of ours I want to be a part of if it happens. I might use one of these seeds in that grow (for reasons I'll get into later). And speaking of one of those reasons, if you like your PotChimps joking about everything and never being serious you might want to skip my next and maybe final post to this thread.

:peace:

This is a message to the people of the future:

The human race is in a time now where politically much is in turmoil. Battles are occurring in many places. There is a vast uneven distribution of wealth, and masses of people whose lives have been affected by it in a negative way. Many of us wonder whether or not there will be a people in the future to leave a message to. As far as the reason you are here reading this, we are still in a time of marijuana prohibition where even though some of the United States have progressed to the point of legalization for medical (and recently recreational) use, over all of us still hang federal laws which endanger our freedom. And so we hide behind screen names because we have to.
Much has advanced in technology; nothing I'm sure compared to what you have now. We communicate with each other by what is now called the internet; an almost instant way of giving or getting detailed electronic data in mass amounts. It's probably ancient to you. But we are also at a point where we are starting to understand the damage we do to ourselves and to the Earth by the chemical means we use to survive, and the fuels we use to make society function. If you're reading this, maybe you're one of the ones that helped to change this. And back again to the reason you are reading this.
I can only wonder about what you have all done by now in the field of cannabinoid research. Growing specific strains designed by breeding for given illnesses, body chemistry, personality disorders may be old technology by now. And there's no telling what biofuels and healthy foods you've made from the many byproducts of cannabis. History tells a story of another prohibition. Alcohol. It highlights criminals (you look back at something they called cartels when you read marijuana's history), politician's ambitions, and all of the problems involved with the social aspects of this. But it never seems to give tribute to the many good people who used alcohol responsibly, stayed at home and made it in their basement to avoid overpriced poison, dealing with bad elements, and contributing to organized crime. Just in the event that nothing has changed, places like these websites are the place you want to look for the real history. Make no mistakes. Everything you know and have about marijuana is because of these people I am humbled and blessed to be a part of. These journals are the history of the founding forefathers of marijuana and the work they've done and everything that stands is because of them. Some have passed on by now, but many of the people that you will read about in your history books are here on these websites, working diligently and passionately on the art and science of marijuana horticulture, despite constant fear of prosecution and loss of everything. Everything you have, do, and are as far as marijuana goes is because of them.
I was blessed enough to have one of these people history is never going to tell you about care enough to inspire me. To encourage me when I felt hopeless. It was his journal on colloidal silver that made this journal and the life in these precious seeds possible. He was someone that everyone here cared greatly about, and had a passion for this that isn't going to be rivalled by anyone any time soon. I just can't find the words to thank him enough for caring, so I think I'll close with this. I will always remember you, friend. And I'll always work hard to keep the spirit of you and your work alive. And most likely if people of the future are smoking something purple, it'll have your generous hand in it. An old Irish blessing for a Big Irish Doode,

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

1897394_1407372627_6023_Painting.jpg

:420:

Back
Top Bottom