Charlotte's Web - Organically Grown

Damn now I know what the problem is (or at least part of it). The soil is retaining water. I think the Sierra Foothills mix compacted the soil. I stuck my finger in the top of the pots to see if watering were necessary, and out of curiousity I stuck it in the bottom of a pot too. A drop of water fell off my finger when I pulled it out of the bottom drain hole. The tops felt dry enough to water, but all the bottoms were somewhat wet. It's probably root rot. I am going to pull the drain trays tonight and put towels under the pots; hopefully a wick effect will take place and the water will transfer from the soil mix to the towels. These don't have long; maybe I can salvage them a little. Post more pics soon.

I received both my high CBD pack and my cannabinoid test kit today. When I go to reorder I don't have to buy the whole kit just the test supplies. I guess the silver lining in this gray cloud is that I can use the tops of these plants for my tests. Since they look bad it's no great loss :(
I'll label all 6 plant colas (the tags are numbered already) and put them separately on the drying rack. It doesn't take a lot of bud to do the test, so once I do them to see which one is the low THC high CBD plant and which is the high THC low CBD plant (if I have one of each; the other 50% of the plants are supposed to be high CBD and THC) I'll get them ready for reveg. These don't have long (8-9 week strain, and it's 6-1/2 weeks now). I need to watch the vid on doing these tests too. I'll try to get pics tonight.

Man my crappy luck never ends :(
The plants I have labeled #1 and #2 hermied due to stress from the waterlogged soil; I saw the bananas tonight. I cut the main colas and a few buds off both plants, so they'll be the first tests I do. If I see more (and I will) I'll take the plants out. They're only good for smoke anyway; I won't save a hermie.
A branch broke on #8 and I have it on the drying rack too (it may not be enough to test). I'm looking at these closely, and buzz or not I want a second shot at these with the clones; they're a beautiful plant. I tried both towels and tilting my homemade tables (thanks for the suggestion, MaggiesFarm) to get the water out and it got a little drier, but this mix has the bottom of the pot dense. They are still wet and the tops of all the pots are too dry. I've never had that happen before.
I'll take a few pics later on after I get done with some more work. I'll pic the cut off colas and the test kit tomorrow too.

The side of the cannabinoid fingerprint test kit box:

0011929.JPG

I'll look the kit over today and tomorrow. As soon as the colas I cut off due to bananas are dry I think I'll run a test on them. I haven't took a good look at it yet. For some reason it says 20/25 sample kit. I hope it means that you can do 20-25 separate tests. If not, I'll smoke test them :) and do the tests on the final 4. The one that the branch broke on looks really bad.

hey i am very interested in this Journal... Please keep us posted..
Also i wanted to ask one thing You were going to TEST the strain quality. So did you ordered the DEVICE to test the CBD and THC level?
Also please send me the link for high cbd strain selling website.

I sent you the link today. I can't vouch for authenticity, but they arrived (which says a lot to me).

I haven't done one yet, J189RFC. Premature samples from 2 of these plants that hermied are the first two I'm going to try (practice using this kit), but the colas I cut off due to bananas aren't dry yet. It'll be probably 2-3 days before I try my first test. I need to go over the process yet. I'll post the whole thing if it's not too complicated to do.

I hope you will not mind on sharing the details related to "High CBD" strains so please mention this thing (please do not be offended but you have very good information because you spend time on research)

1) Seed bank name
2) link for the seed (buy or detail online)
3) Price of the seed
4) Qty of the seed in that mentioned price
5) Percentage tested (via your test kit)
6) Percentage commited by the seller
7) does it contain more resin (for oil extraction)
8) Ships worldwide (optional)
9) I forgot THC level commited and actual
That will make this thread very very usefull (it is already usefull though :bravo:)

If someone isn't a sponsor to this website I'm not allowed to put their name up, altainta. I've gotten PMs about doing that from the moderators before. I can't vouch for the authenticity of each strain until I do the grows and then later run the tests on each plant. The prices seem normal to me (even though I got 6 different strains and by eye it looks to be about 20 seeds each, I paid five hundred and thirty some dollars for the order). The seller has a page that guarantees a certain % of female to male and germ rates and where the company ships to also.

I downloaded the test kit manual (I can send anyone a link to download the instruction manual just PM me). After reading it, I realized that there are a few tests you can do here. In order to check all the cannabinoid levels of one plant I need to use a full test panel (glass sheet). I can test four different strains on the same panel, but only for THC, not the other cannabinoids. So there's the first setback for anyone wanting to do this: $$$$$. I'm not going to use the hermies as a test, needless to say. I'm going to test the last 4 unless another hermies from the stress. I'm at the breeder's odds now. 1 in 4 chance of getting the right one. Wish me luck :)

Sorry it's been a while since a post on this thread. I'll give everyone a quick update.
As you all know, the soil amendment I used messed the plants up. There were 6 plants out of the original 10. The numbers of the six left after the males were culled were 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, and 10. #1 and #2 were hermies, so I won't run a test on them. There wasn't a single branch on #8 that was living; I can't get a clone, so I won't test that one either. #10 had a small piece on the bottom that was still alive, but that plant was mostly dead; I don't know if it will reveg or not but I'm doing the test on it anyway. I took a clone each from #3 and #4 before I chopped them; I'll do the second and third test on them. I can get these seeds again if I need to so I'm not that worried. I want to do these Rafael and ACDC seeds for my next CBD grow anyway. I'm hoping for at least one high CBD Charlotte's Web plant out of this grow, though. If the clones and reveg live, that is; I haven't had good luck with either lately.
I'll chop the two hermies tomorrow and just smoke them to see what they are like. They all look somewhat alike and all have the same Ruderalis-like smell. :)
Oh and the buds do look nice without the dried, curled up leaves; I'll post some drying pics tomorrow.

Charlotte's Web:

0011944.JPG
0021925.JPG

The majority of the buds from the middle and up looked like this (this was about an average one):

0031847.JPG

The lowers look reasonable, but I'm pretty sure that the clones I took won't take because I took them too late. I wanted to reveg all 6, but this condition worsened so I took desperation clones (they were just like this):

0041730.JPG

The top of the pots were powder dry; I dug down about 2-3" here:

0061443.JPG

And the bottoms had the consistency of wet beach sand that you make a sand castle with (still wet after a week of not watering):

0071361.JPG

Not to mention salt buildup :(

0051635.JPG

It's hard to see here, but the roots didn't even attempt to grow into this mix. You can see the original shape of the pot:

0081254.JPG

I'll do the testing anyway to see if the seeds are worth ordering again, even though I have CW seeds from the high CBD pack I bought. As soon as all of it is dry I'll do it and take some pics (as well as post the results).

Subbed. Son has epilepsy. Cant find high CBC strains in my area. Cant locate a place to order KNOWN CDC rich strains that will deliver to my location.

I'm not sure if I got lucky or scammed, devilish. I can not pull up the website I ordered my high CBD pack from again after I received the order. I pulled up a website that looks different but has the exact same strains and subcategories. That site doesn't deliver where I'm at, though. I'm sorry about your son, by the way and I hope you get help for him.

You're welcome, devilish. When I saw the name of the breeder that did this strain I thought it was probably reputable too. Turns out they got here, so at least that much of it is. The plants all had triple nodes (overbreeding, but it goes away as the plant matures). I'll do the testing to see which one has the highest CBD and hopefully my clones will hang on (one looks really rough).
That site I mentioned above that I said looked different but has the same high CBD strains it turns out is the same company (Kuh-Nay-Dee-Yun Hemmp Cumpinnee). The new webpage has a "don't deliver to the U S" disclaimer. Man, I'm bummed I can't get Valentine X now, but I'm glad as Hell I got the strains out of Israel (I did get that order before they quit sending here).

I too was looking for Valentine X as well as a few others that I hear are good CBD strains like ACDC and Harlequin. I have run across one site but I cannot find any info out if they are reputable or not so I haven't taken the plunge yet lol. Hmm I went and prepared an order on that site and they allowed me to select U S as a shipping option...Have anyone tried to place another order since the new site has been up?

Back
Top Bottom