ChemDawg D BX 3

Hey Bro!!!! I just got your "Likes" on some posts and sorry I didn't see you sooner! It's been a while & great to see you! :high-five:
How's everything?
I'm just getting sub's and will get caught up but that bud at the top of the page looks mighty fine! :yummy:
:goodjob:

Hey Bro!!!! I just got your "Likes" on some posts and sorry I didn't see you sooner! It's been a while & great to see you! :high-five:
How's everything?
I'm just getting sub's and will get caught up but that bud at the top of the page looks mighty fine! :yummy:
:goodjob:

Hey good to see you too I got a ton going on with all these grows at once :) In a day or two I'll be starting the seeds from those buds at the top. I'm thinking of going no mercy on this third generation to speed things up.

if you back cross it 3 times its been cubed
but that's keeping the original female through all 3 and finding a suitable male from the seeds every time

Oh, so the strain I stabilized when I first started this journal was already cubed. Dang I probably didn't have to go as many generations as I did to stabilize it. :bigblush:
I'll get a pic up of the 12 C4DD (generation 3) seeds I'm starting later today. I'm going no mercy with this grow too. :)

C4DD-3:

0012981.JPG

About 50% of the seeds look non-viable to me, but I only needed the other half. :)
They're in the paper towel as of five minutes ago.

BEANS for CHIMPS, CHIMPS for BEANS!

Hey what's up good to hear from you! :)
Seriously though, the buzz from that last round of this (C4DD-2) is like a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. I hope I'm not wasting a bunch of years breeding out mediocre dope. That first strain I stabilized from Chemdawg D BX3 seemed like better grass to me.

Been a while here since I posted but there's not been much on this C4DD-3 project until now. Doing these no mercy under t5s was a bad idea. They're going into flower this small:

0013032.JPG

I'm not sure if it's good news or bad news, but I found out where my TMV disease originated from. This breeding project. :(

0022935.JPG
0032815.JPG
0042627.JPG

I'm going in to cull the infected plants and I'm going to try to salvage two that aren't affected in the hope that they're resistant to the virus, but in all truth I'm waiting to see it on both parents I choose next. If that happens I'm going to start the second half of this breeding project over with Rez's Chem D v1.1 and call it a year and a half of lost time. :(
I'll keep everybody updated.

Hey Brother! Good to see you posting! :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the TMV. Are you sure you bred that into them and didn't possibly handle them young with some tobacco residue on your fingers, or something? I'm guessing that the parents didn't look like that or you wouldn't have selected them for the breeding.

Note: I'm down to four plants and only one male now. Everything in this generation I've culled so far is due to TMV. Expect to see a disappointed chimp toss about 1-1/2 years down the crapper and start over. It took me about 2 years to run Chemdawg D BX3 five generations to get what seems to be stability. That was the first part of this project. Now the second part of this is going be Rez's Chem D v1.1. I'll start as soon as I can.

Hey Brother! Good to see you posting! :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the TMV. Are you sure you bred that into them and didn't possibly handle them young with some tobacco residue on your fingers, or something? I'm guessing that the parents didn't look like that or you wouldn't have selected them for the breeding.

Sorry I forgot to answer, but yes I do think it's possible. I handle eggplant at least once a week (it carries the disease also), but the cigars I occasionally smoke are pretty good ones, so I don't think it got that way. The seed ad mentioned that the "mosaic leaf pattern" wasn't present in any of the offspring. I'm assuming the breeder though this was a plant trait called leaf variegation.

I'm down to two C4DD-2 plants, and calling it quits on this strain. 10 out of 12 had the virus, and the last male showed it today. I really should have called it quits when I was down to one male, but 1-1/2 years of work is a lot to give up. I started germinating these today:

0013039.JPG

CDD v1.1 is latest most up to date version of REZ's Chemdog IBL line. Chemdog IBL backstroked to Chem D clone.

Sorry to hear about the setback, Brother, but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger! You'll come back with some new seeds and all the knowledge you gained from the last breeding run; and I'm sure the end result will be even better! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom