Zamal Reunion

What strain is it? Zamal Reunion - Seeds of Africa (6 regular seeds).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sativa.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds will be germed on 07/12/2014 @ 4:20 P.M. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil and soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? Roots Organics for seedling and SSM#4 for veg and bloom.

If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon.

Size of light?
-Seedling and vegetative: 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-based CFL.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS with 250/400 watt digital Lumatek ballast.

Is it aircooled? Air-cooled reflector; 8" inline fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab? around 84-86 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 50-55%

PH of media or res? I don't check it unless there's a problem.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2 times/week.

Type and strength of ferts used? To be determined.

ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!

:peace:

Seeds are wet :)
I'll be doing a 3 week seedling stage of 18/6 under a 200 watt blue spectrum mogul base CFL, at which point I may set the timer to 13/11 until the plants reach just over a foot tall. I'll be watching the growth rate of these (it's supposed to be a lot). I'm going to run them at 9/15 after that until I chop them (to quicken the bloom time and to see if I can keep a Sativa's size controlled this way). I am hoping for 2 females but I expect 3-4. If I get 2 I'll try to SCROG the grow but if it's more, expect one of my Chimptastic clusterphux again.

Subbed for this big time. Been staring at the seedfinder description of Zameldica for almost two years. I stumbled upon researching other strains and it fascinated me, I feel Hunger for that strain. Said to be naturally multi branching and wide. Remeber Afro.Pips? I grew his Tribal Vision once soooo sorry I had no other seeds, it was fantastic. Just this year I got another African delight, malawi, out in a stealth spot so not huge but ex itied none the less. I watch with great interest PotChimp. You should do a Planet of the Apes themed grow lol name it Caesar or something.

Welcome High yogi :) So far I got one out of six beans opened up. It's been over 1-1/2 days and I know it takes a little more sometimes, but I'm ready to pop the next six beans I have. Those are bad numbers. Hopefully this will be the first African strain I like; Kwazulu wasn't that good. I haven't tried a straight Malawi cut yet.

Cannabis Seeds Of Africa Zamal Reunion Seeds Info

A small island off the east Coast of Africa, Reunion Island is home to its indigenous "Zamal" plant.

This Tropical Sativa is renowned for its colossal size. Big buds, a Lot of branches, highly populated bud clusters with a massive yield. Zamal has a strong spicy flavor to go along with its unique, and intense high.

Excellent for cross pollination.

Maybe I better listen to my common sense here and not wind up with another overgrown mess. I have two seeds in 4" peat pots, one with a 1/4" tail I'm going to put in right now, and another that just cracked open. That will leave two, and if they don't open I'm staying the course with the ones I have and not germing more seeds. Post pics when there's something to pic :)

Upon inspection this morning I saw hairs no those aren't follicles those are hairs I tell you hairs :) and a further inspection of my empty weed jar tells me that the cloudy trichomes I see on this plant indicate prime harvest time is upon me. Yes both trichomes and I tell you those are trichomes and not microscopic specks of my drool this plant's ready for chop I'll post a smoke report later thanks everybody for the interest in this thread and I hope it wasn't too long winded:

0011891.JPG

Just kidding :clown: thought I'd post a pic of the first one to pop out of the soil. The other two that didn't open yet are about a 10% chance at this point. They're getting dark. As soon as veg hits I'm going to find a dark place for these. The method I'm going to attempt to keep the size down on these is run the veg period at 13/11, and the flowering period is going straight to 9/15 as opposed to DLR. It would be cool if there were only 2 females; I'd like to dust one of my Chem project plants with some of the male pollen from this grow and maybe put a small clone of a good female Zamal Reunion in with it to get a stable strain to breed :)

It'll be nice to see you run 9/15 - I haven't run across it much here. In the 80s, we always ran our Columbians at 9/15. At the time, I thought it was managing hermies, but now I realize that it was morely likely that we simply culled out the hermies over time, since we cloned. But they did flower earlier and more firmly with the shorter light - the harvest went a little longer, but it kept them manageable.

:thumb:

this should be good - subbed !

Hey welcome mrrobert420 the second one just broke the soil and as soon as all 4 are up, if they come up (the other 2 seeds were duds) I'll take a few more pics. I think I may start using compost teas at this point, and I'll do it here first. Probably going to be simple at first. Alaskan forest humus, worm compost, molasses, a bit of alfalfa meal through veg, some rock phosphate, a bit of fish bone meal through flower, a bit of Sierra Hills, and a small amount of my grow and bloom guanos. So much for noncomplicated, huh? :straightface:

Hey welcome again KJC sorry I didn't get back earlier. It looks like this will be a 3 plant grow. As bummed as I am about the poor germ rates I am glad that I will only have 1-2 females so I can handle the growth. And if this strain is good for breeding, any father should do for a start (and I have 6 more seeds I can do). The leaves look thin and haunting memories of my Haze grows are coming back to me :bitingnails:

Post pics soon, :peace:

I'm putting these into 1 gallon pots tomorrow; I thought I could go with these 4" peat pots for now, but putting them right up under the bulb like I do to keep the stretch down dries them out too fast. I am going to add 1/2 cup of Sierra Foothills mix (a 100% soil amendment) to all the pots as well.

Back
Top Bottom