Thai Stick

Note: The soil in the pot of this Thai Stick plant is still damp; I'm letting it dry all the way, but waterlogged plants take forever to dry up get well in my experience (if they ever do). I'll try to get a pic up tonight; it's lost some of those yellowed leaves and the flowers have gotten slightly fuller. I have a meter for EC coming in the mail and from now on I'm going to do checks on the nutrient solutions before I use them. The GDP x Thai Stick is doing okay, but it has yellowed leaf tips.

Thai Stick:

0012625.JPG

Surprisingly enough, my records show 9 weeks and 4 days of 11.5/12.5 bloom lighting. I pollinated 3 of the branches of it at the top (if the Thai Stick pollen I collected is still fertile; I put the tops inside the little jar and swirled them around):

0022552.JPG
0032453.JPG
0042297.JPG

It's sure not thick:

0071798.JPG

Here's the Big Bud dominant GDP x Thai Stick plant, overfed too:

0052177.JPG

I don't know if it harms plants or not, but I realized last night that the tent these are in is under negative pressure (from using it as an air circulation plenum for a second grow unit). It may be why the top of the pots get so dry but the bottom of the pots are still wet. I think I can go back to feeding the Thai Stick plant now that the pot is getting light again, but I'm going low end on the EC for this stage of flowering (I got a meter to check EC now). The second pic is closer to the real color:

0042300.JPG
0052180.JPG

This GDP x Thai Stick (looks Big Bud dominant to me) doesn't have much longer:

0022555.JPG
0012628.JPG

Post more pics soon.

Thanks for the update. :thumb:
Re the EC. How low is low, Mr P. Chimp? I seem to have managed to not burn the Mama Thai yet this time around, and have been hovering at 1.5 mid flowering with lots of runoff. I feel I may have to drop a bit lower soon.

This is from an article I read online; I'm sure the #'s are debatable:

seedling to 3 sets of leaves= no nutes
after 3 sets: next 3 weeks of growth = 0.8-1.2
weeks after that= 1.2-1.3 until flower (big vegging plants)

Flush between veg and flower

1st 2 weeks of 12/12 (or until begin budding)= 1.2-1.3
Week 1-3 of bud= 1.4-1.5
Weeks 3-5 of bud= 1.5-1.7
Weeks 6+ of bud= 1.6-1.8+

I'm going to dilute with RO water and CaMg+ to 1.6 EC if the mixture needs it. I'm also starting out with more CaMg+ in my RO water from now on (too many Ca and Mg deficiencies in my plants lately), which actually brings the EC up to where it's supposed to be. 11 ml of CaMg+ and the normal amount of GO's nutes (week 8) brought it right to 1.6 EC when I mixed some for my GDP clones. My RO water reads 0.0 on this meter before additives.

That looks surprisingly close to what I've been doing with the sativa. Rainwater- zero EC and I dump in a bit of calmag to end up with a base EC of about 0.2. Then - kind of like that schedule- but the lower number options. I think I'm at least getting close to the right range now with the Mama Thai. Another round or three and I hope to have her looking healthy all the way through. Plenty of runoff helps a lot to keep the crispy leaf syndrome away. :thumb:

The pot on this Thai Stick plant finally got dry enough to water, so I fed it (AN's Iguana Juice bloom formula mixed at full bottle strength with 9 ml/gal CaMg+ RO water, then diluted to 1.4 EC with the same water). It's dropping leaves still; hope I can get it healthy again:

0012636.JPG
0022562.JPG

Here's the GDP x Thai Stick it's gonna be chopping soon (1-2 weeks):

0032464.JPG

Whew this thing's lookin' whooped..... :straightface:
Thai Stick (the first pic is really close to the actual color):

0042310.JPG
0052189.JPG

Gonna be hard to bring it out of that. Well, here's the GDP x Thai Stick cross:

0022567.JPG
0032467.JPG

Dang 12 weeks and 4 days since flip on that one, do you believe that? :jawdropper:
still puttin' out white hairs.....

Puttin' out a lot of 'em, too. :thumb:

I have no issue with letting the knobby knarled ones go longer - it's the f'n fluffy ones that just go all to hell on me. Was Thai the father of that cross? All my crosses so far have kept the mother plant's habit ... :hmmmm:

Puttin' out a lot of 'em, too. :thumb:

I have no issue with letting the knobby knarled ones go longer - it's the f'n fluffy ones that just go all to hell on me. Was Thai the father of that cross? All my crosses so far have kept the mother plant's habit ... :hmmmm:

Yes when I label these crosses, I always put the mother's name first. The worst part of these keeping the mother's traits (it seems that way on my end too) is that the GDP isn't stable, and I don't get a GDP/Thai Stick cross, I get a one grandparent or the other grandparent or an uncontrollable combination of both grandparents/Thai Stick cross. :cough:
I S1'ed a clone of that same GDP and got Purple Urkel dominant offspring.

That thai stick looks good!!!!

What kind of BUZZ are you expecting from that GDP X thai cross?:volcano-smiley:

A mediocre one, to be honest. It looks Big Bud dominant, and everything I've ever grown that looks like that doesn't have strong potency. Hope I'm wrong! :)

Yeah the Thai Stick does look good, in spite of the yellow. What do you think caused the yellowing?

I put airflow in my grow units where there wasn't any before, and I hooked all the ducts running from them up to a single box (plenum) with an inline fan and carbon filter inside. The unit that Thai Stick plant is in was under such negative pressure from the pull of the fan that the tent door sucked in when I opened it up (the plenum I made is right next to the tent). I think the negative pressure was causing the tops of the bigger pots to dry too quick while the bottoms of the pots were still wet. One day I poured a whole gallon of water in the 5 gallon pot it's in (waterlogged it) because I got tired of seeing it dry all the time; it took forever for it to get dry enough to water again. Some strains are sensitive and the leaves yellow and drop easily; an amateur grower like me can make that happen easily.

Down goes the GDP x Thai Stick!

0012651.JPG
0032475.JPG

In the first pic the male flower is down at the left bottom side of the bud, and in the second pic a male flower is close to the middle of the pic (the reason this one ain't gettin' revegged):

0042317.JPG
0052194.JPG

Oh well it'll smoke..... :straightface:

0061933.JPG
0071812.JPG

Top cola:

0081648.JPG

It looks ripe to me ... :thumb:

I'm kinda fond of the late hermie strains - you can get seeds from any plant you want by just letting it go a little longer. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom