Finest Medicinal Seeds G13 Super Soil Mix - 200-250-400-600 CFL-MH/HPS-HPS

What strain is it? Finest Medicinal Seeds G13 fem.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg.

If in Veg... For how long? 3 weeks.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Roots Organic.

If soil... What size pot? 5.5 " (seedling/1st 3 weeks of veg) and 2 gallon (rest of veg to finish).

Size of light?
-Seedling: 200 watt Feliz full spectrum mogul-based CFL
-Vegetative: 1st 3 weeks - same; 2nd half - 250 watt Agrosun MH/HPS, then 400 watt Eye Hortilux (using a Lumatek 250/400 switchable ballast).
-Flowering: 600 watt Eye Hortilux HPS (using a Phantom 600 watt dimmable digital ballast).

Is it aircooled? Yes (all air cooled reflectors).

Temp of Room/cab? around 78-82 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 48%

PH of media or res? 6.4

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? 2 times/week.

Type and strength of ferts used? AN Iguana Grow and all AN organic additives w/ cal-mag grow for 1st 3 weeks of veg, then Subcool's super soil mix; Great White Shark, Cal-Mag, RO water to finish.

These were transplanted into Subcool's super soil mix today, but the mix was only stirred up 10 days ago so don't blame Subcool if I burn up my plants it's supposed to activate for 30 days in the sun. :) They're big enough, and G13 eats a lot according to all the articles I've read on the strain. I hope they make it through without stunt (they have a bit now due to transplant and a bit of overzealous supercropping). I'll wait until they recover (if they react to the hot soil) or until the first staggered nodes until I switch them over to 12/12 and 400 watts HPS. When they look good and on the way I'll put them under the 600 watt HPS and finish them out. One grew stunted from seed and has two heads as if topped, two ARE topped, and two are main cola supercropped. The other chopped up things in the pic are GSC revegs.

0011361.JPG
0031295.JPG
0021355.JPG

:420:

:peace:

Re: Finest Medicinal Seeds G13, Subcool's super soil mix, 200-250-400-600 CFL,MH/HPS,

Which plant is the 1 with the little leaves ? Nice set up ... Subd

That's a BC Bud Depot Girl Scout Cookies plant (actually there's two, but the one is hard to see). I'm trying to reveg it because it has a triple node trait, and I want to see if I can get the clones from a reveg to keep the same trait. I've got double flowers on a few of the parents, but these oddities are all the results of excessive hybridization and usually don't hold. I just don't have room in my other units now.

Re: Finest Medicinal Seeds G13, Subcool's super soil mix, 200-250-400-600 CFL,MH/HPS,

Looking good, PotChimp.

Thanks everybody. I hope it works out. Just like I thought, the mix was hot still and the plants aren't taking it well. They should pull out of it soon and I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Re: Finest Medicinal Seeds G13 Subcool's Super Soil Mix - 200-250-400-600 CFL-MH/HPS-

Just pulling out of the slight nute burn to the roots

0011370.JPG
0021364.JPG

As soon as I see some decent growth I'll hit them with 12/12 (I may put one or two in ahead of the others if room permits).

Re: Finest Medicinal Seeds G13 Subcool's Super Soil Mix - 200-250-400-600 CFL-MH/HPS-

Note: I put these into flower yesterday under the same 250 watt MH/HPS bulb and as soon as I see hairs I'll flip the switch over to 400 watt and put a straight HPS in. I was gonna wait another week or two, but my last electric bill was so astronomical they had to print the amount owed in scientific notation YOUCH! :O

They're getting hairs but still a bit under from the nute burn.

0051160.JPG
007961.JPG
0061014.JPG

Here's the GSC I'm trying to keep stressed so it will stay the genetic weirdo it is. Looks like it's working so far..... JK

008887.JPG

subbed:thumb:

Hey welcome I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Most of these plants already have hairs, so I'll put the 400 watt Eye-Hortilux in soon. The one I have under the 600 watt has deficiency symptoms in the leaves; I think the super soil mix is active by now since I'm seeing more green in the leaves and less curl.

sweet more pics :thumb:

Late, but here's the pics. They are still reeling from the hot soil mix and the nutes not being broken down enough to take in, as you can tell by the leaf symptoms. Water is holding in the pots for days.

IMG_020128.JPG
IMG_020031.JPG
IMG_019929.JPG

This one is under my 600 watt HPS, and looks even worse.

IMG_019322.JPG
IMG_019424.JPG

They'll pull out of it, but I'll have to mix the super soil ahead of time from now on.

The 4 plants I have under the 250 watt MH/HPS were switched over to a 400 watt HPS two days ago. They are over the early super soil being too hot and not broken down enough. These things are getting big fast, so I'm hoping my other grow clears out of under the 600 watt light soon. I'll keep supercropping but the taller ones are about 3-4" away from the lens now. I'll check on the one under the 600 watt light tomorrow to see if it's doing any better. This should be a really good super soil grow here if everything goes okay. I've read that G13 feeds like crazy so if the all super soil thing doesn't work I have nutes here to supplement them.
I decided to switch my RO water supplement to General Organics CaMg+ because I read that it works well in organic soil grows.

howdy Potchimp!

subbed up.
looking good and look forward to more madness :thumb: cool to see you reveging the gsc :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep it green dude

Hey, welcome. Here's a pic of the G13 I put up under the 600 watt Eye Hortilux.

011630.JPG

It is growing, but has a lot of deficiency symptoms in the leaves.

012562.JPG

I'm hoping the root damage heals faster or the nutes activate all the way because I don't want to flush and wash the super soil nutes out. I'll let it dry up some and be patient. I'll try to get some pics up tonight of the rest of the plants (if I have time it's been pretty busy for me). Two more are going out of that grow unit and under this 600 watt lamp soon.

wow, they look like a sativa dom pheno!.. i always thought GSC has stronger indica genetics?? i see cali connection are selling fems GSC from the original creator out of the SF bay area... i WANT some before they go out of stock.. even if just to have the beans and genetics there :cheesygrinsmiley:
yeah that sure is an issue not wanting to flush due to using a SS mix... i completely understand your trepidation! its hard because all you can do is wait until it cools and recovers... or possibly transplant them to other SS pots... looks like the makings of a mg or mn deficiency with that interveinal chlorosis... although chlorosis can be caused by K, S and Ca def too.. with other symptoms of course.. keep an eye on the leaf margins becoming brittle and curling upwards too. there would be in all likelihood other minerals being locked out too- Nitrogen with the yellowing etc etc and the above mentioned elements.. wish you all the best with the deficiency issue ma man! its hard to see another growers plants suffering a little but like you say, they will pull out of it soon.. just a matter of time :]

all the best brother

Sorry to everyone out there for not posting more pics; I've been busy with the personal life thing, and this grow came on at night until I switched them to the grow unit they are in now. These are all 5 of the G13 plants in the grow (with a Soma Seeds Free Tibet plant in the middle). They were put under 12/12 after 8 weeks and 3 days from seed and have been showing hairs for 2 weeks now, about 5 days after they started.

015437.JPG
016400.JPG
017362.JPG

They're a bit withered; I'll lower the watering amounts. I'm also going to trim the bottom growth out as soon as I get a chance.
Post more pics soon.....

Back
Top Bottom