OG Kush Soil Grow 400 Watt HPS

Both of those bottles will work well as KJC stated. What we are looking for in the molasses is the carbs which feed the bacteria in the root zone (if chemical nutes aren't being used), and also the extra goodies it contains, calcium, magnesium, iron, although small amounts it is in there! This is best fed in small doses of 1 tsp per gallon, this can be done once every few watering, or every watering. You can go big during flower, I have given my plants 1 tbsp. per gallon during later flowering periods to help boost some resin production and bud size increase. It seems to be a very easy going additive, best experiment and see what works best though Wiz, stay well! :peace:

I vote yellow bottle. if you don't mind me asking which was more expensive?

I vote yellow bottle. if you don't mind me asking which was more expensive?

Hey B, I ended up using the Purple bottle. They were pretty much the same price. I believe the purple bottle was about 20 cents more.

Welp, its day 9 of flower and the girls are looking awesome. I watered the 2 flowering girls with a tsp of Blackstrap per Gal yesterday and they seemed to love it. They are reacting far different from a normal watering and in a positive way. Also decided to experiment a little and give a tsp of Blackstrap to the veg girls as well. Thought I would give it a chance and see what happens. Thats pretty much it for now.. Heres some photos for everyones enjoyment. Have a great day everyone! :Namaste:
photo_1397.JPG
photo_2341.JPG
photo_2342.JPG
photo_3275.JPG
photo_5148.JPG
photo_4222.JPG
photo_1396.JPG
photo_5147.JPG
photo_4221.JPG
photo_3274.JPG
photo_3270.JPG
photo_1392.JPG

Both of those bottles will work well as KJC stated. What we are looking for in the molasses is the carbs which feed the bacteria in the root zone (if chemical nutes aren't being used), and also the extra goodies it contains, calcium, magnesium, iron, although small amounts it is in there! This is best fed in small doses of 1 tsp per gallon, this can be done once every few watering, or every watering. You can go big during flower, I have given my plants 1 tbsp. per gallon during later flowering periods to help boost some resin production and bud size increase. It seems to be a very easy going additive, best experiment and see what works best though Wiz, stay well! :peace:

Hey CA, would the plants react negatively to a molasses feeding every watering or would it just be overkill and a waste?
Thanks for the info buddy! Much appreciated!

they look great! I would give them a molasses mix every other watering. I didn't know molasses has so much calcium and magnesium in it. you'll catch a calcium lockout if you use it every watering.

Hi there! I would go with that yeah, as its made droplet markings where the water would have sat on the leaf.
I've never seen it before so don't quote me though! Haha.:Namaste:

This is my guess. Misting plants is not helpful. Drops of water on the leaf act like mini-magnifiers and cook spots into the leaves.

Hey CA, would the plants react negatively to a molasses feeding every watering or would it just be overkill and a waste?
Thanks for the info buddy! Much appreciated!

IMHO, totally in agreement with b.real. I am now using molasses once every three waterings, maybe once every other time but only at rates of 1 tsp per gal. Before I was using every watering and fell like this could lead to some in the root zone, seemed like I was pumping the root zone full of "junk food" :laugh:

A good tip that I am trying to beat into my head is, when you water always water first with regular water with no additives. This will keep the building up of nutrients to a minimum and will hopefully lessen chances for a lock out! :joint: I keep forgetting to do this.

IMHO, totally in agreement with b.real. I am now using molasses once every three waterings, maybe once every other time but only at rates of 1 tsp per gal. Before I was using every watering and fell like this could lead to some in the root zone, seemed like I was pumping the root zone full of "junk food" :laugh:

A good tip that I am trying to beat into my head is, when you water always water first with regular water with no additives. This will keep the building up of nutrients to a minimum and will hopefully lessen chances for a lock out! :joint: I keep forgetting to do this.

maybe that's why your plants had those calcium burn spots? the molasses I use (biobizz grow) says it's mostly nitrogen. confusing.

I'm thinking about switching from fish fertilizer, sea kelp, and molasses to something else. I might try watering with pineapple juice (or some other fruit juice) and see if I can create a new tasting pheno.

Day 23 of Flower for one of the White widows and the OG. Both are looking awesome. I decided to start flowering the Northern Lights today as well. The WW mother in the veg tent had been roughed up a bit from the pooch and has been slowing down it growth a bit.
But that past few days have looked promising for her.. Heres just a few photo.. nothing too crazy. Ive got a camera coming in the mail
tomorrow, so expect some half decent photos in the future..

photo_1409.JPG
photo_2353.JPG

OG Kush
photo_3285.JPG

photo_4230.JPG

WW
photo-717.JPG

NL
photo_5156.JPG

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I accidentally had the ballast turned down to 50% like a dummy.. Oh well, were back on track now. :thumb:

Look at how happy they are looking with the "praying" leaves! Awesome stuff Wiz. Keep an eye on your girls with that ballast switch, big spikes in lumens could stress them out or create some burning spots as they aren't adjusted to that intensity.

Can't wait to see how that new camera takes pics! I am currently in the market for one ;)

Thanks for the info CA! Stressing them didn't even cross my mind. They don't seem to be showing any negative signs from it luckily.

Looks good! Cant wait till mine are this big. Damn indicas and there big ass leaves blocking light. I just take a pen and stab holes through my leaves for light........jk.:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom